Not Your Normal Average Everyday Road Rage Case...

Vulcann

There are plenty of people have a habit of looking at phone when crossing without checking its safe to do so lo, so far never hear any case of such people got killed. [rolleyes] So it is the responsibility of driver to look out and slow down or even stop for them, and cannot horn at them. [laugh]

Huh? U sure? Iirc i came across videos or articles here of ppl crossing without checking cos on phone or looking at phone ended up dead.

Better to err on side of safety than placing trust on their ability to look out for us and our safety.

These days, defensive driving supersedes your right of way. No choice. Too many idiots on the roads.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Key issue is horn not loud enough and not early enough.  Install truck type air horn, one blast the joker would be stoned, and would not have the middle finger reaction, nor any reaction!

Jialat

Horn, middle finger will auto flick up.

Dun horn, guy MAY be killed if he has a habit of looking at phone when crossing without checking its safe to do so.

Cheers

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Key issue is horn not loud enough and not early enough.  Install truck type air horn, one blast the joker would be stoned, and would have the middle finger reaction, nor any reaction!

Air horn that joker? Maybe he might not show his middle finger only but confront you and beat you up?! 

Huh? U sure? Iirc i came across videos or articles here of ppl crossing without checking cos on phone or looking at phone ended up dead.

Better to err on side of safety than placing trust on their ability to look out for us and our safety.

These days, defensive driving supersedes your right of way. No choice. Too many idiots on the roads.

Safe ride

Cheers

Got such news? Maybe i didnt pay attention to the news enough? Lol. I only read news about jaywalker got killed.

Supercharged

Don't really know if this qualifies as road rage or not...coz BTW car and pedestrian...

i can't turn on speaker but could hear some argument between the driver and pedestrian...

what were they arguing about?

Twincharged

i can't turn on speaker but could hear some argument between the driver and pedestrian...

man  cross road never see road but see phone.

car wanted to turn but man in car's way.

driver honk at the man. (driver say is to remind man to look at road and not look at phone)

man not happy.

then man tailed the car until up the carpark to kpkb again … asking horn simi XX …. and then hit the car bonnet also.

dunno is it the video sound was purposely muffled or the camera is cheap brand one.

Supercharged

man  cross road never see road but see phone.

car wanted to turn but man in car's way.

driver honk at the man. (driver say is to remind man to look at road and not look at phone)

man not happy.

then man tailed the car until up the carpark to kpkb again … asking horn simi XX …. and then hit the car bonnet also.

dunno is it the video sound was purposely muffled or the camera is cheap brand one.

nowadays more pedestrians have this "my entitlement" mentality.

weeks before i was driving on a minor road.  from far i can see pedestrian near zebra crossing.  but because they took so long and never cross, i assumed that they don't intend to cross.  so when car cross the zebra crossing, the ang moh char bor kicked my car door, apparently in defiance and protest that i had not stopped to wait for them to cross first. 

i didn't bother to confront her but the fact is that, if she has the world of time and don't cross, my most natural assumption is she didn't want to cross.  she didn't even raise up her hand or signal to me she wants to cross.....a real dumb blond bimbo

Don't really know if this qualifies as road rage or not...coz BTW car and pedestrian...

This type, best is got one of the 150 km/h PMD knock onto him, then we have 2 less irritation on the roads.

ok, dun be so mean, no need 150 km/h one, just anyone of those grabeat one, slow slow also can. Just get them both off the roads for a while and hope they learn their lesson.

• Praise 1

Horny Argue’ment :XD:

Hypersonic

Come to think of it... I met someone who is like that.

Turning into my residence gate and an SUV infront of me. A lady looking at phone and crossing, absolutely no intend to look out for car. The SUV maybe looking at phone too and kept turning in, not stopping. Sensing something wrong, I honked and the SUV stopped, missing the woman by bare inches. The lady look up and carry on looking at her phone walking. WTF.

The SUV driver stunt for a few seconds there, apparently shocked and lucky he didn't mow down the woman.

• Praise 1

weeks before i was driving on a minor road. from far i can see pedestrian near zebra crossing. but because they took so long and never cross, i assumed that they don't intend to cross. so when car cross the zebra crossing, the ang moh char bor kicked my car door, apparently in defiance and protest that i had not stopped to wait for them to cross first.

i didn't bother to confront her but the fact is that, if she has the world of time and don't cross, my most natural assumption is she didn't want to cross. she didn't even raise up her hand or signal to me she wants to cross.....a real dumb blond bimbo

I will pity the woman who kicks my coe Lao pigkarp :XD:
  • Praise 1

Key issue is horn not loud enough and not early enough.  Install truck type air horn, one blast the joker would be stoned, and would not have the middle finger reaction, nor any reaction!

Air horn not allowed.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/modifying-your-vehicle.html

MODIFICATIONS THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED

Some examples are:

• Air horns
  • Chassis
  • Crash bars
  • (Aftermarket) Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
  • Decorative Lamps
  • Increasing Engine capacity
  • (Aftermarket) High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamp
  • Motorcycle chain guards
  • Motorcycle headlamp - disabling of automatic switch-on function
  • Nitrous injection devices
  • (Use of) Spot lamps
  • Tinting or masking of vehicle lamps
  • Tow hooks
  • Dislike 1

Twincharged

weeks before i was driving on a minor road. from far i can see pedestrian near zebra crossing. but because they took so long and never cross, i assumed that they don't intend to cross. so when car cross the zebra crossing, the ang moh char bor kicked my car door, apparently in defiance and protest that i had not stopped to wait for them to cross first.

i didn't bother to confront her but the fact is that, if she has the world of time and don't cross, my most natural assumption is she didn't want to cross. she didn't even raise up her hand or signal to me she wants to cross.....a real dumb blond bimbo

Yah... I also come across a school girl standing at the traffic light... Lights in her favour... But.... She was just standing there... With her eyes CLOSED ! I was waiting to turn left... I also don't dare to turn.

Supersonic

Yah... I also come across a school girl standing at the traffic light... Lights in her favour... But.... She was just standing there... With her eyes CLOSED ! I was waiting to turn left... I also don't dare to turn.

You should give her a light tap on the horn, see if she wants to cross or not. Like i always see some bus driver when approaching bus-stop, when there is one person sitting at the bus-stop glue their eyes on the phone, the bus driver would give a horn at that person, see if that person wants to board the bus or not?! Lol.

Twincharged

You should give her a light tap on the horn, see if she wants to cross or not. Like i always see some bus driver when approaching bus-stop, when there is one person sitting at the bus-stop glue their eyes on the phone, the bus driver would give a horn at that person, see if that person wants to board the bus or not?! Lol.

I waited till red then I turn.

don't want to end up having a psycho tailing me to my car park … just becoz I honked … [angel]

• Praise 1

Not picking specifically on you but just wanted to share that i had a few near misses when I'm using the zebra crossings near Stadium and Kallang Macs as a pedestrian and seen cars crossing in front of me while I'm already partway on the crossing.

Some drivers do not respect the zebra crossing.

And I wasnt looking at my phone because I didnt have my phone as I was going to or returning from my jogs.

If I had my phone, i would have taken photos and sent to TP.

Sometimes i had to surpressed my urge to pick up throw pebbles.

Supercharged
(edited)

Not picking specifically on you but just wanted to share that i had a few near misses when I'm using the zebra crossings near Stadium and Kallang Macs as a pedestrian and seen cars crossing in front of me while I'm already partway on the crossing.

Some drivers do not respect the zebra crossing.

And I wasnt looking at my phone because I didnt have my phone as I was going to or returning from my jogs.

If I had my phone, i would have taken photos and sent to TP.

Sometimes i had to surpressed my urge to pick up throw pebbles.

I understand your point and would say I gave enough respect to the zebra crossing. As a pedestrian, I wouldn't expect cars to unnecessarily stop if I didn't give any indication. I must not assume drivers can read my mind. Even my 7 year old boy understands it is better to raise hands to indicate intention to cross. Edited by Acemundo

I understand your point and would say I gave enough respect to the zebra crossing. As a pedestrian, I wouldn't expect cars to unnecessarily stop if I didn't give any indication. I must not assume drivers can read my mind.

I dont expect drivers to read minds, but I expect them to know the road traffic act expects them to slow down when approaching pedestrian crossings. And be ready to stop when there are pedestrians about to cross.

What i have seen are drivers not slowing down at crossings, and/or continuing on even when pedestrians are approaching the crossing.

↡ Advertisement