Big Hyperstore also leaves....WHY?

Lv3338

Putting 2 hypermart in expensive city centre location just doesn't make any sense.

Also putting them so close together also doesn't make any sense.

It was just a matter of time before they close down.

:D

↡ Advertisement

sheng siong also growing into hyper mode

market too competitive.. too many players

somehow sheng shiong and fairprice are too similar and focus too much on bread and butter necessities while the things cold storage sells are like a subset of FP and Sheng siong.

like some feedback, we like carrefour for their car accessories, baby products etc which are the less bread and butter of supermarkets.

Turbocharged

It's just a matter of time we will all buy our groceries online.

Supermarkets will just be an inventory and delivery business.

The first chain to do the above in a big time way will eventually survive.

the consumer will not have advantage if the market is monopolized....

carrefour used to be a landmark at suntec city....no one is sad about it......

how often do you buy from them? if less than 5x a year, would you miss them? -_-

OT abit. Bro i rem chatting w u last time abt stock mkt n u were v bearish! Wats your outlook now? :D

it had been years since I last visited one of their outlet........French man cannot fight with Malaysia GIANT and Singapura NTUC lah....died co*k standing lor....

Edited by LoverofCar

Their customers at both branches getting lesser and lesser. With high rentals I don't think they can survive in such places.

Neutral Newbie

Carrefour prices is not that competitive.

Not drawing crowd just to go to town to buy their products, going thru ERP and parking all that.

We can buy our products more or less the same at neighbourhood NTUC, Shop & Save or Cold Storage etc...

2 of their outlets are in town. Suntec is also doing some huge renovation, maybe it is time to go before their business become more affected.

Moreover, if I were to buy alot goceries and sit our crowded local transportation to go back to east or west, I find it a hassle(they might have delivery service but normally not feasible).

Edited by Dllatimer

Sad to see it leave. I dare say that it's entrance into the local scene helped to spur demand for hypermarts and convince old farts at aunty lucy that Hypermarts are a feasible concept in Singapore. The latter is such a useless POS. Everything they do, they do it after some other player has done it. I don't know whether it is a matter of being kiasee or they were dumb not to utilise their market position. or they simply couldn't be bothered. [rolleyes]

Turbocharged

My Belgian neighbour is the senior staff for Singapore operations and he's leaving for KL soon. The rental at Suntec is high. And no way can they out compete Fairprice

My Belgian neighbour is the senior staff for Singapore operations and he's leaving for KL soon. The rental at Suntec is high. And no way can they out compete Fairprice

oh Kong Hee is the new landlord? they need the money hence increase rental? :huh:

[laugh][laugh]

They took 10 years to claw out from the red and recoup their initial costs.

cold storage already started it

Then goodbye POSB everyday card.. -_-

posb everyday card still got a lot other additional rebates. pub bills, town council, season parking, starhub bills jus to name a few.