If you think Property price has peak, think again !

Wt_know

Hee, i don't know leh.

To me, a base year acts as a reference point and it should be a period where prices are not TOO LOW or TOO HIGH. Somewhere in the mid point where the economy is just doing fine (neither bull nor bear).

ah understand now, thanks

↡ Advertisement

My current 5 room flat toa payoh costs 562k to buy 5 years ago.

i see the current HDB resale transaction. November got a unit sold for 748k.

Hahaha.....almost a 200k rise liao. ^_^

But to hell i'll sell. TPY is a damn good location.

Maybe ppl offer 1 mill i might consider. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Maybe it's time to reset the base year of the index.

Afterall, the base year is 1998 and that was after the Asian Financial Crisis. It might not be a good representation afterall.

Actually, if they plot the income level against the property index, it will give us all a slightly better picture.

Actually, if they plot the income level against the property index, it will give us all a slightly better picture.

actually i was also hoping for more meaningful ratios and data of such sort.

yup. that is the simplest explanation. control hdb resale, control its ripple effect on the market. how to control resale - many many ways. question is which is better for which buyer/seller. i think cpf. or ownership rules.

don't allow HDB rental. pte owners cannot own hdb. those who currently own must sell.

My current 5 room flat toa payoh costs 562k to buy 5 years ago.

i see the current HDB resale transaction. November got a unit sold for 748k.

Hahaha.....almost a 200k rise liao. ^_^

But to hell i'll sell. TPY is a damn good location.

Maybe ppl offer 1 mill i might consider. [laugh]

location is good but do u need it? while hdb is high, it's also getting older as 99 yr lease and over number of years, price will not see much rise anymore.

i can see why now ppl want to sell cos it's such a good time to make money. u sell HDB high, take bank loan at low interest. there are ways to play with this money.

Hee, i don't know leh.

To me, a base year acts as a reference point and it should be a period where prices are not TOO LOW or TOO HIGH. Somewhere in the mid point where the economy is just doing fine (neither bull nor bear).

wa hard to say leh. when i bot my home in 07, everyone say bull. but i got no choice cos need a home. then 08 drop. then 09-10 high again. then euro crisis suppose to make it drop and it never stopped rising!

nowadays with globalisation, very hard to fall cos one superpower affected, theres another one to keep things going,.

the whole hdb policy gone haywire

it is now a money making machine for those who know how and those who have the means

tats cos govt allow it. with such good rental, which pte owner don't want to hold on to hdb?

if u know what to do with the money, its a very good time to sell, take the proceeds to generate more cash.

don't allow HDB rental. pte owners cannot own hdb. those who currently own must sell.

I would have fully supported such a policy change.

but i think our minister khaw no guts to implement something like that takes away benefit from 60-70% of HDB owner/occupier voter.

wa hard to say leh. when i bot my home in 07, everyone say bull. but i got no choice cos need a home. then 08 drop. then 09-10 high again. then euro crisis suppose to make it drop and it never stopped rising!

nowadays with globalisation, very hard to fall cos one superpower affected, theres another one to keep things going,.

i realise also it is harder to profit from stock market and property market movements nowadays.

last time economic factors are more or less fully dependent on usa and perhaps europe. nowadays asia has provided alternative econimies for capitals to flow towards to. so it is harder to predict gain or drop because we need to factor in prediction of direction of flow of global capital.

last time information is not easily accessible, hence those that does a lot of research has the upper hand or first mover advantage. nowadays information is so freely available, the field has somewhat been leveled.

They cannot pao toh themselves lah..... The graph will show rich getting richer and middle class + poor getting poorer or stagnant, while property prices across the board move up exponentially.

Turbocharged

They cannot pao toh themselves lah..... The graph will show rich getting richer and middle class + poor getting poorer or stagnant, while property prices across the board move up exponentially.

Yeah. By erection cumming. Tis the season for goodies.

Tats y govt can only control property price growth, not REDUCE price, cos political power at stake. Those who wait for crash, keep waiting. Sg land v small, easy to manipulate property price.

Leasing of private homes to slow in 2013: forecasts

By Lynda Hong | Posted: 04 January 2013 1611 hrs

Click to enlarge Photos 1 of 1

File photo of a private residential property in Singapore

inShare

SINGAPORE: Rentals for private homes may have hit record prices and volume in 2012, but some market experts said the market will be slower in 2013.

Median rents as of October 2012 has reached S$3.75 psf, 14.3 per cent higher than the S$3.28 psf in Jan 2011.

Commodities trader Pushkar Jamnerkar will be looking to work and live in Singapore with his family for the second time. However, property prices have spiked since he left for Hong Kong in 2008

As a foreigner, buying a property now would also mean having to pay 10 per cent of the property price for the Additional Buyers' Stamp Duty (ABSD). So renting a unit is an option that the Indian national is not ruling out.

Pushkar Jamnerkar, vice-president of Transammonia DMCC, said: "I have seen some older properties, their room sizes are bigger. General upkeep of the property is not so good. And they might come up for enbloc, that fear is always there. I wouldn't like to keep on shifting from one property to another."

Tenants' preference for newer properties has been driving up rentals to record highs (on a psf basis) in 2012.

With new private homes getting smaller, rents on a per dollar square foot basis have been getting higher -- this despite the rising number of vacant private homes.

Ku Swee Yong, CEO of IPA, said: "There are many tenants who are long-term in Singapore who are also changing from rental to newer ones. And when you change to a newer one, the dollar psf rental tends to be higher."

Property consultancy Savills Singapore noted that median rents have reached a new high of S$3.75 per square foot in October. So far, the first 10 months of 2012 have seen 42,139 leases being signed, potentially breaking last year's record of 45,062 transactions.

Yet, experts said Singapore's tighter foreign manpower policy may be a dampener to the leasing market as there will be fewer expats with a much leaner leasing budget.

Png Poh Soon, head of research at Knight Frank, said: "Residential rentals, we think there will be a mixed bag of performance. Overall, rental should come down five to 10 per cent. But certain locations, particularly those in the suburban regions, should hold."

Looking ahead, experts said the expected increase of shoebox units available for leasing may keep rentals competitive in Singapore. The stock of shoebox units is expected to increase, hitting about 9,700 units by 2015. But unlike existing units, many new ones will be found in suburban areas.

-CNA/ac

Dont worry, somehow prices wil

↡ Advertisement