Pocus Turbocharged December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 Ok, let me heptch choo.... That's why I like MCF...the knowledge base an resources on cars are boundless... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Newdrive 1st Gear December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 slightly off topic, but how do you warn a fellow driver that he/she have forgotten to switch on their lights at night? I tried all kind of hand signals before but most of them ignored me or thought I was giving them a rude hand signal i kana once (forget to on my head light)... and got a car at the traffic junction, the passenger wind down the window then wave at me and point to my head light Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PorkChong Clutched December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 (edited) Just write in to LTA. LTA will send a letter to the vehicle owner to remind him. No need for inspection or fine or demerit points. by the time LTA remind them,the car would have already caused someone to unknowingly rear-ended them. most of those whose ALL brakelights failed are those heavy trailer,buses and lorries and they are the main cause of accidents in highway when they sudden brake and the behind vehicle can't react in time and crash into them.but seems like the LTA is more interested in spending time and resources nabbing those with LED lights instead of these vehicles with ALL brake lights failed which are causing the accidents in expressway or other roads. LTA thinks all drivers here are F1 driver who don't need brakelights? Edited December 7, 2012 by PorkChong Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vhtfhwlego Supercharged December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 I ever hit a Rover because all 5 brakelights gone. From that day on, I never trust other's brakelights. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adrianli Hypersonic December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 by the time LTA remind them,the car would have already caused someone to unknowingly rear-ended them. most of those whose ALL brakelights failed are those heavy trailer,buses and lorries and they are the main cause of accidents in highway when they sudden brake and the behind vehicle can't react in time and crash into them.but seems like the LTA is more interested in spending time and resources nabbing those with LED lights instead of these vehicles with ALL brake lights failed which are causing the accidents in expressway or other roads. LTA thinks all drivers here are F1 driver who don't need brakelights? Within a week, u can receive the letter from LTA rather than posting a thread here and hoping for the car owner to read it in the forum. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Toothiewabbit Supersonic December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 Hi bros ... if you know someone driving a black toyota corolla with a number like the above, please tell him *all* his rear brake lights are out. I was behind him going from Paya Lebar to CBD ... so took PIE->KPE->ECP. At first when he brake, I had to react suddenly, so I thought it was my fault, until I realized none of his brake lights were lighting up at all ... so I remained further behind and quite a few cars nearly langar into him (lucky KPE not much traffic, including one range rover who had to slam on the brakes) im just wondering if he didnt realize it .. or was it done purposely? i mean ... from PIE, to KPE i was behind him and watching, not once got brake lights even when he stop ... but the time go ECP i told myself better to stay in front of him ... somemore it was raining and the roads were wet >< if you know of someone with that kind of plate, you can PM me for the full plate no to verify. I encounter on the average, 1 such car every other day? Can it be done on purpose? Also, I swear I saw cars without headlights on but can see light off its speedometer. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eyke Supercharged December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 he use engine brake only, can or not? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nodtviedt 2nd Gear December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 Just the other night before I encountered a van without brakelights too.. even in slow traffic, it's damn scary to follow behind and see it brake to a stop abrubtly... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 looks like this weekend i better get off my lazy butt and try to install car cam liao. Go & get it install quickly lah. I went into the shop at 10am & get out by 11am. Chop chop done in 1hr. I am a happy camper now. Anything goes wrong? Juz drive back & ask them to fix it up. Anyway, wow gadgets show room is 10mins away from my home. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kyokonitori88 Neutral Newbie December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 Hi bros ... if you know someone driving a black toyota corolla with a number like the above, please tell him *all* his rear brake lights are out. I was behind him going from Paya Lebar to CBD ... so took PIE->KPE->ECP. At first when he brake, I had to react suddenly, so I thought it was my fault, until I realized none of his brake lights were lighting up at all ... so I remained further behind and quite a few cars nearly langar into him (lucky KPE not much traffic, including one range rover who had to slam on the brakes) im just wondering if he didnt realize it .. or was it done purposely? i mean ... from PIE, to KPE i was behind him and watching, not once got brake lights even when he stop ... but the time go ECP i told myself better to stay in front of him ... somemore it was raining and the roads were wet >< if you know of someone with that kind of plate, you can PM me for the full plate no to verify. It's his responsibility to do a regular inspection on his car. If something happened on him with that car..its not your fault afterall. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sp4wn Turbocharged December 7, 2012 Author Share December 7, 2012 It's his responsibility to do a regular inspection on his car. If something happened on him with that car..its not your fault afterall. er .. if you langar into him .. he can say the lights were working till you damage his rear le ... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CinCin Neutral Newbie December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 KNN.. brake bulb so cheap aso dun wan to change.. ZZZ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CinCin Neutral Newbie December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 (edited) I encounter on the average, 1 such car every other day? Can it be done on purpose? Also, I swear I saw cars without headlights on but can see light off its speedometer. Save enegry ma.. car can gain 0.001hp.. Edited December 7, 2012 by CinCin Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PorkChong Clutched December 7, 2012 Share December 7, 2012 Within a week, u can receive the letter from LTA rather than posting a thread here and hoping for the car owner to read it in the forum. ok,but i am not TS. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan
2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan
2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use
2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use
2026 Corolla Concept WAH JIN SWEE LEH! Best since AE86 GT-Apex
2026 Corolla Concept WAH JIN SWEE LEH! Best since AE86 GT-Apex
2022 Toyota GR Corolla
2022 Toyota GR Corolla
Why is there not Corolla XLI in used car market?
Why is there not Corolla XLI in used car market?
Black Friday (Friday, 27 November) + 11/11 sale
Black Friday (Friday, 27 November) + 11/11 sale
Black flakes from washing machine
Black flakes from washing machine
Toyota Corolla AE86 Revival! Initial D Fans COME IN!
Toyota Corolla AE86 Revival! Initial D Fans COME IN!