All these greedy 2nd hand car dealers still dont lower price

Rayoflight

Twincharged

i didnt get to study hard in my teenagers time but at least i'm know what my goals is and i work hard on it by not cheating nor bluffing!!!

keep working hard, in 17 yrs time u will be the CEO with 250 cars and 50 salesman under you.

and own multiple houses. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Well it is about creating a good first impression of one's self. A good first impression is how deals are clinched. Would you be more inclined to speak to someone who looks presentable and speaks in a refined manner or someone who looks like an ah beng and is unable to have a coherent conversation with you? There is this guy at Hua Yang Sin Ming who cannot pronounce the word depreciation and instead pronounces it as "depration". It was really jarring to my ears when I had to hear him repeat that mispronounced word more than 10 times as he explained to me why car A was better than car B. Most of the time, his answers to my questions were vague and even got his facts wrong.

Even if the price is right, the customer must be able to trust the sales person first before committing to the purchase. Imagine if you have to deal with a salesman who doesn't know his stuff and cannot provide you with proper answers, wouldn't you be annoyed? Surely you'd wanna know the history about the car before buying it as a test drive alone cannot reveal much. Of course you may cite cases where those who speak in a refined manner are sugar coating everything, but it is nice change compared to all the ah bengs you have to deal with at turf city.

i think depend on demographic.

if simple buyer, bengseng level ok. scholastic one, AD ones ok. well-informed one, only wanna test and confirm knowledge of sales guy/gal, so anyone oso ok as long as present facts / figures.

Supercharged
(edited)

Well it is about creating a good first impression of one's self. A good first impression is how deals are clinched. Would you be more inclined to speak to someone who looks presentable and speaks in a refined manner or someone who look's like an ah beng and is unable to have a coherent conversation with you? There is this guy at Hua Yang Sin Ming who cannot pronounce the word depreciation and instead pronounces it as "depration". It was really jarring to my ears when I had to hear him repeat that mispronounced word more than 10 times as he explained to me why car A was better than car B. Most of the time, his answers to my questions were vague and even got his facts wrong.

Even if the price is right, the customer must be able to trust the sales person first before committing to the purchase. Imagine if you have to deal with a salesman who doesn't know his stuff and cannot provide you with proper answers, wouldn't you be annoyed? Surely you'd wanna know the history about the car before buying it as a test drive alone cannot reveal much. Of course you may cite cases where those who speak in a refined manner are sugar coating everything, but it is nice change compared to all the ah bengs you have to deal with at turf city.

ok, thank you for correcting my english.... teacher....

Edited by Xers007

salesgirl chio is a plus

tsk tsk...i respected u knowing you fellow F10 brudder...but now after this.....sighhh

cnfmu brudder brudder [laugh] [laugh]

salesgirl chio is a plus

i nvr have such luck....only kenna 1 auntie sales rep b4 when i bought my prev car....

but she was quite poor in attitude....maybe becos it was the 2008-09 good times when all the AD's were making $$ n the sales ppl can afford to be yaya...

i know that this is a car forum but i don't understand why bash car dealers...

there are advertisements in the sgcarmart who are direct sellers and are selling at the same price as car dealers... shouldn't everyone bash them as well ?

sometimes, when an honest car dealer speaks the truth, you say he bluff you.

you ask for 2nd opinion and that fellow cheats you after all paperwork done, you say he dishonest. but you ask for it cause you choose the 2nd opinion.

then you try to buy direct from sgcarmart, mileage also tampered. How?????

This discussion can go on for ages.

Maybe someone should open a dealership calls the MCF Automotive. The house of MCF and serves MCFers only.

The disclaimer would "We are honest and we only transact at $100 profit per vehicle excluding loan commissions and insurance is best of your own. If the car is involve in an accident, we will announce that it is not free from accident. But still must transact at market price."

the one i bought from is like that...

[cool]

Imagine at C&C you ask are those C180s? And she says no, there are C80 only. [rolleyes]

More help for car dealers::

The Government will extend the period of which car dealers are allowed to own used cars from nine months to one year.

It is also studying how to better determine the Open Market Value (OMV) of the car by taking into account the depreciation in the value of a used car, when applying them to the appropriate tier of loan restrictions.

These moves was announced in Parliament by Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam in his Budget debate round-up speech, in response to pleas to help car dealers adapt to drastic curbs on car ownership introduced last month.

"To help used car dealers make adjustments, LTA (Land transport Authority) will give them more time to find buyers for their cars, by extending the temporary transfer scheme for used car dealers from the current nine months to a full year," said Mr Tharman.

He added: "MAS will study how the depreciation of the value of the used car can be taken into account in determining the OMV for the purpose of applying the appropriate tier within the new loan rules."

The Government will extend the period of which car dealers are allowed to own used cars from nine months to one year.

It is also studying how to better determine the Open Market Value (OMV) of the car by taking into account the depreciation in the value of a used car, when applying them to the appropriate tier of loan restrictions.

These moves was announced in Parliament by Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam in his Budget debate round-up speech, in response to pleas to help car dealers adapt to drastic curbs on car ownership introduced last month.

"To help used car dealers make adjustments, LTA (Land transport Authority) will give them more time to find buyers for their cars, by extending the temporary transfer scheme for used car dealers from the current nine months to a full year," said Mr Tharman.

He added: "MAS will study how the depreciation of the value of the used car can be taken into account in determining the OMV for the purpose of applying the appropriate tier within the new loan rules."

Now it becomes more and more complicated. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hi RadX,

What do you meant by paper value minus 7%?

Why 7%? If it is paper value minus 7%, will it not make more sense to scrape the car.

Also, how do you calculate paper value? is it PARF rebate + COE Rebate amount + body value?

IS there any website where we can check the paper value of a car?

Shd be paper minus 7%

That was the last crisis....u can push for more...i know, i sold cars then

Twincharged

what's this 9 mths abt?

↡ Advertisement