Hdb main door

Ysc3

contrary to popular thinking..fire door is used to reduce the spread of fire and smoke from your own unit to other units in the event of fire..it simply means you install to prevent damage to other properties

It work both ways. If there's a fire at the corridor, the door will prevent the fire and smoke from coming in. The fire seal at the lipping of the door will expand to seal the gap between the door and frame, preventing smoke from coming in. SCDF respond very fast here.

There's many ratings for timber fire-rated door, from half hour to two hours.

Edited by Fcw75

How come not reply by e-mail?

If something happen got no black and white leh..... [sweatdrop]

That's the intention. At the same time, can leave office go jalan jalan.

If HDB officer say no need, get a black and white from them... According to FSSB's regulation those units next to stairwell must be fire-rated. HDB will tell you that they don't follow FSSB's regulation...seems like they are immune..if you want to change fire rated door I think half-hr will do..u aware that your door frame will be affected and that your flooring needs to be hacked hor...

contrary to popular thinking..fire door is used to reduce the spread of fire and smoke from your own unit to other units in the event of fire..it simply means you install to prevent damage to other properties

another purpose is to protect against Ah long trying to set up fire outside your door step... [laugh]

Why not ask those reno guys...I think they might got chance to rip those HDB door out,...usually they bwang one. Ask them to sell you cheap + install lor.

Better get fire rated door..as its more solid & secure..if not for fire safety then for your home security.

If those normal bedroom door..can get ard $200+...bit hollow 1..

Mine was 1k+ coz door bigger..

I hv a big one in my kitchen. Hahaha.

last time my rsm comprain to me that the camp's fire extinguisher everytime tio kope [laugh][laugh] i arm chio [laugh][laugh]

last time my rsm comprain to me that the camp's fire extinguisher everytime tio kope [laugh][laugh] i arm chio [laugh][laugh]

No need to kope mah. Last time buy home insurance, they give free. I still have mine. :D

No need to kope mah. Last time buy home insurance, they give free. I still have mine. :D

expire already or not? :huh:

Expired six years ago. [laugh] But pressure gauge still showing good pressure inside. [:p]

got pressure but nothing inside how? i was told have to send back every year to 'refill' :huh:

got pressure but nothing inside how? i was told have to send back every year to 'refill' :huh:

since want to send in for refill, must as well use it for training children to fight fire

maybe bring a stack of poh zhua and put inside the 7th month bin and set fire

then get children to practice [idea]

if mata come and ask, you can say: downstair people want to kua poh zhua [grin]

Edited by Mustank

Got pressure means got something inside. Ya, fire extinguisher is annually inspection item. Not annually replace item. :D

The CO2 cartridge inside is sealed. No way for gas to escape. Once u activate it, a needle will puncture the cartridge to release the gas. No way to refill, only can change cartridge.

↡ Advertisement