Have A Nice Day, Thank You : Courtesy Campaign

Maxus-MIFA9

Back to basic of the 70's ......... [smash]

yahoo news: Nation of kindness courtesy campaign kicks off

post-21853-1379308635_thumb.jpg

A nation of kindness starts with one.

That's the message of Singapore's latest courtesy campaign which kicked off on Monday.

Organised by the Singapore Kindness Movement, the month-long campaign aims to "incorporate graciousness in our daily routines" -- with a particular focus on behaviour on public transport -- through the power of the individual to extend a greeting or helping hand.

The end goal? To foster a kind and gracious society.

SKM's messages will be visible on public transport and elsewhere on the island, as well as in print and online, to encourage people to take ownership of kindness. Social media users are also encouraged to share kindness stories and photos using #NationofKindness on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

"In working with numerous ground-up movements, I have met many inspiring individuals, many of whom are youths, who give me great hope for Singapore. Their stories deserve to be heard by more people, and will motivate us to do our part to build a more pleasant and liveable home for everyone, " said Dr William Wan, general secretary of SKM.

link: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporesc...-030130695.html

Thank You for Reading .... -_-

[cool]

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement

you say we keyboard hero!! later ban you then you know, am I kind enough [laugh]

hmmmmmmm............... no replys ... [:(]

mcf shortage of courtesy ppls... :blink:

all shooting from behind keyboard heros..... [laugh][laugh]

hmmmmmmm............... no replys ... [:(]

mcf shortage of courtesy ppls... :blink:

all shooting from behind keyboard heros..... [laugh][laugh]

[rifle]

anyway any chance of Singa getting back his job??

SingaporeKindnessMovementMascot_Singa.png

'They' retired him .... :angry:

Replace him with yellow 'Flowers' .. :ph34r:

so long already Singa grown up already lah. -_-

now he in Sentosa become giant Merlion [:p]

'They' retired him .... :angry:

Replace him with yellow 'Flowers' .. :ph34r:

are they paying SBS and SMRT money to paint those flowers on the buses?

a case of money in left pocket transfer to right pocket?

are they paying SBS and SMRT money to paint those flowers on the buses?

a case of money in left pocket transfer to right pocket?

SBS and SMRT will says 'Thank You' when the cheque for payment is cleared ... [laugh]

I'm not trying to pour "cold water" but don't think courtesy campaign is going to work. I can only be nice to people who deserved to be nice. Looking at all the ah tiongs, I really do not know how to be courteous.

I don't know about how to define courteous. been saying thank you to a coffee maker very morning after drinking his coffee for the past 5months daily. but I never ever got a reply, not even a glance at me.

all I know was, I do what my dad does. and I would continue be doing, because I want my son to be the same as me.

a thank you, or sorry. it's just words spoken, reciprocated or not, I think there is no harm expressing our gratification or apology.

On one side they want to increase population on a already crowded tiny island, the other want ppl to be gracious to one another.

What do you think?

Too late to think leow, they are already onboard.... -_-

Just join the flow ... :ph34r:

I'm not trying to pour "cold water" but don't think courtesy campaign is going to work. I can only be nice to people who deserved to be nice. Looking at all the ah tiongs, I really do not know how to be courteous.

Thank PRC this way...同 志,谢 谢 你 !请 问 你 要 不 要 吃 香 焦 ? [laugh]

Thank PRC this way...同 志,谢 谢 你 !请 问 你 要 不 要 吃 香 焦 ? [laugh]

Possible to change your mindset to: you will only be not nice to people who are not nice? That way, you give people benefit of the doubt that they are nice until proven otherwise. Also, it will be beneficial to yourself as you are now more positive and be more happy everyday.

↡ Advertisement