Bangkok protests video - Grenade explodes on police

LiuDeHua

Turbocharged

Latest from the ukraine is that their president finally stepped down and freed their opposition leader.

The people were actually protesting ukraine's drift closer to russia (back to the bad ol' days) versus closer association with the EU (which the population majority seems to prefer).

Now that such change has happened, wonder if big brother russia would intervene?? Another potential WW3 flashpoint, man... [sweatdrop]

this is bad news for Russian as their access to the Black Sea maybe cut off.

↡ Advertisement

Bro, you don't seem to understand the real situation in Thailand.

Majority of the protesters are well-educated middle class income people, whereas Yingluck's supporter are from North and North-eastern parts of Thailand and most of them are not so well educated.

The problem is there're more people in the North and North-Eastern Thailand. They are poor and simple-minded. To get their support, all you gotta do is giving them a small sum of money and this is why Thaksin and his minions win election every time from vote buying and their Pro-Poor Populist Policies.

The protesters are not really elite supporters. They are just ordinary people who wish to see the political reform (where corruptions are kept to the minimum).

If you do more research, you will know that the current Thai government does not really support the poor. Instead, they are ripping the poor off through their rice pledging scheme policy. Now even the farmers from kampung are rallying to Bangkok to join the protest.

Anyway, now is a good time to travel to Thailand (not Bangkok obviously). The air tickets are pretty darn cheap! [thumbsup]

Bro,

I admire your deep understanding of Thai politics and believed what we read from main stream media could be twisted or exaggerated somewhat.

But I find certain notion of the Thai protesters rather disturbing...

First and foremost (see underlined), the protesters are allegedly non-elitists. But the statement in bold underlies the elitist notion to the maximum when it was said that the protesters are "well educated" and the reds are "not well educated".

In my opinion, it is this very believe that has driven the nation apart - "you're not well educated!! What do you know?!!"; "please step aside you illterate farmer!!"

I may not have understood Thai politics completely and it is also true to say that I'm sitting by my farm talking about things that are not my domain expertise...but I'm just wary that the Democrats are merely seeing green that all goodies went to a single entity and therefore, they must come forward to claim their share.

And when all the ordinary people are roaming the streets and sacrifice for what they deem as political inequity, it is the democrats (elites) that is reaping the real benefit(s) out of the blood and sweat of the ordinary people.

"You don't know any better so just shut up" kind of attitude seems to serve as a vivid reminder of a sunny little island in this part of the world. And I loathed this kind of elitist attitude.

Having said the ante, I wish the Thai people only the very best and hope that peace will be restored sooner than later.

No offence is intended and if I be wrong, let me be wrong clearly [flowerface]

• Praise 5

People's Council? Whatever the hell is that?

Even if Yingluck step down and a People's Council is formed, there will also be fighting within the protestors themselves.

Why should he be in the council and not me?

Turbocharged

People's Council? Whatever the hell is that?

Even if Yingluck step down and a People's Council is formed, there will also be fighting within the protestors themselves.

Why should he be in the council and not me?

its a never ending story. I think only the Thai king can resolve this.

How can the Thai Kind resolve this if he is pulling the strings?

Ok maybe not him but someone from the royal family... [lipsrsealed]

Peoples' Council...

Whom will constitute this Peoples' Council? It was mentioned by Suthep (the alleged reformist) that this will be represented by reputable people of the Thai society chosen by a privileged few and these people will in turn re-write the constitution and call for a democratically elected government.

Who are the so-called "reputable people"? It will definitely not include the poor because they are deemed "uneducated and simple-minded". So the poorer population which constitutes the majority are not equally represented in this Council (or should I say a total absence of them). The worst case scenario is when they put forward a 20 yr old lady who "don't know what to say" as being part of the "reputable people"!! Should the poor all suffer under the LL Act and accept it?? So what kind of Peoples Council is this when it is not equally represented by the people?

With this kind of elitist "I know everything better" mentality, they will do their utmost to ensure that their reign over the Kingdom is virtually perpetual and with power, they will reap the larger part of the cake with the poor deemed as liability because they are uneducated and simple minded.

This is an inevitable outcome if elites took the Kingdom. They will create obstacles for the poor to compete in elections. When they make a "well informed" decision like placing a young lady as a people's representative, you have to respect it because they knew better and you are simple minded to boot.

Fair?!!

Edited by Chickenfarm

this shows that the thai ruling party is not strong and powerful enough.

should have send in the tanks and soldiers already like the famous tiananmen but seems like they got no support from the military top level.

sometimes you need to be a 'bad' guy in order to keep the country from external or internal devils.

Edited by KumarB

so sad that the old king has to see all this happening (as his people die) right in his eyes yet can't do anything..... [:(]

i be heading BKK some time in early April..

via the groupon deal..

been thinking if its really safe for us to spend 4D3N..

i be heading BKK some time in early April..

via the groupon deal..

been thinking if its really safe for us to spend 4D3N..

If the protestors enjoy the easy money to camp out on the streets and throw grenades now and then to send innocent children and adults to pieces, probably safer not to go there unless u ok to stay mostly in room or move within a very short distance from hotel. I am more concerned that they dun go mad again to

seal airport otherwise it's terribly safe to go....April is just 2 months or so away, quite difficult to predict how dirty politicians who heck care about country's economy think....tomorrow also can't tell.

Personally I will skip the place for half a year. They love to stage protests so much, machiam stage wayang for world to see.

pardon the dry humour.....I sincerely wish them peace and stability and for you bro, a good holiday with loved ones.

Safe ride

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2