Solo Travel

Antonee

Anyone with experience on travelling solo?

Any good places (countries) for recommendation ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I done budget backpack solo from NZ to Mongolia about 10 yrs ago, it took me about 4 mtns with not more then 5 days stay in any city or province

It was done 1 year before I got marry, I couldn't had done it after I got marry, if u are still single, just do it "No regret" I guarantee

I ever did ask my boss why he employed me to run regional operation when i dont receive much education and there's always other better candidates, he replied it's my solo back pack experience sell him that I'm very independent and can find my way for opportunities

• Praise 8

I done budget backpack solo from NZ to Mongolia about 10 yrs ago, it took me about 4 mtns with not more then 5 days stay in any city or province

It was done 1 year before I got marry, I couldn't had done it after I got marry, if u are still single, just do it "No regret" I guarantee

I ever did ask my boss why he employed me to run regional operation when i dont receive much education and there's always other better candidates, he replied it's my solo back pack experience sell him that I'm very independent and can find my way for opportunities

Im interested in Mongolia , heard the chicks are hot. Can pm me the details? Btw, i dun have backpack experience..

I dun have gf in SG so sad..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Im interested in Mongolia , heard the chicks are hot. Can pm me the details? Btw, i dun have backpack experience..

I dun have gf in SG so sad..

Don't beat yourself up over the no-gf status. Spend time developing yourself. The girls will come with confidence, experience and $$$ (to a lesser extent). I traveled widely when I started work. I took 2-3 months sabbatical with boss' approval. I've treaded in places with conflict, almost lost my life on a deserted snow filled Alaskan road, got cheated off US$200 in Italy and many more. Those are experiences schools don't provide.

• Praise 3

I did not travel solo until my recent trip to japan, twice for work + a bit of leisure time. I find travelling solo can be a great experience, see the things I want to see and plan everything to suit my own taste.

• Praise 1

Don't beat yourself up over the no-gf status. Spend time developing yourself. The girls will come with confidence, experience and $$$ (to a lesser extent). I traveled widely when I started work. I took 2-3 months sabbatical with boss' approval. I've treaded in places with conflict, almost lost my life on a deserted snow filled Alaskan road, got cheated off US$200 in Italy and many more. Those are experiences schools don't provide.

I was pick pocketed in Sichuan train station, I hitched with a group of Japanese in Beijing and they got into a fight with the local, I'm having dinner along the street in HCM city when a group of guys came with parang, started to fight with those guys that sit on the table beside me and many many other unimaginable experiences

Anyhow to TS, u will experience temporary GF along the way when u budget back pack, u probably had to pay for temporary GF if u travel luxury

To being with, shortlist places of interest, visit library for lonely planet

Lonely planet is a walking Wikipedia for solo traveller

Edited by Dfx16

Turbocharged

I was pick pocketed in Sichuan train station, I hitched with a group of Japanese in Beijing and they got into a fight with the local, I'm having dinner along the street in HCM city when a group of guys came with parang, started to fight with those guys that sit on the table beside me and many many other unimaginable experiences

Anyhow to TS, u will experience temporary GF along the way when u budget back pack, u probably had to pay for temporary GF if u travel luxury

To being with, shortlist places of interest, visit library for lonely planet

Lonely planet is a walking Wikipedia for solo traveller

Cool experience. I would do it all over again if I had a second go at it.

Supercharged

Do you have a chance to sleep together with the temporary GF ? [:/]

Cool experience. I would do it all over again if I had a second go at it.

Yes I would definitely like to do another budget solo back pack again... if wife allow =(

It's a great culture exchange experience when stay in backpacker hostel, we never get the chance to drink beer and dine together with the Korean, Japanese, American, France, UK, Australian etc on the same table when we stay in luxury hotel

All I can say is that you can travel anywhere in this world solo if you want to. Just leave your prejudices and inhibitions behind and boards the plane/train/boat.

As for BKK, the curfew has been lifted I'm told.

• Praise 1

Do you have a chance to sleep together with the temporary GF ? [:/]

Yes definitely, during the backpack solo

Everyone experience loneliness so it's very easy to click with the opposite sex

Let take this for eg.

I'm now in Penang and my next destination is Bangkok. Probably some guys or gals in the hostel also share same iternary thus we travel together again and camp in the same next hostel

Those who done solo backpack should understand what I'm trying to tell hahaha

↡ Advertisement