2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

Neutral Newbie

You might want to check what is the "exact" package. For reference, my package is

FWS - C90

FSW Right & Left - C90

BWS - HP50

BSW Right & Left - HP50

I am guessing C90 is Crystalline and HP50 is the FX-High Performance.

I cannot find any "technical" data for the Crystalline.

3M FX-HP Window Film HP 50

This light metallized film is designed primarily for the automotive market where a high visible light transmission film is desirable and allowed by state law. HP-50 allows 52% of visible light through the glass. It rejects heat, reduces glare and retards interior fading

Based on my package, it seems correct that only the back or the back side windows can be change to Crystalline but I feel the price is too steep.

Do take note that the rear windshield defroster grid thus not sure if that will have any adverse effect if the C90 is used instead of HP50.

Also, I am just not sure how effective the window films would be when a car is parked under hot sun for extend period.

Kklee, thanks for the very detail info. So you mean that the front is already crystalline? And am not sure if SE will know the detail or do we check with intallation workshop ourselves?

↡ Advertisement

Kklee, thanks for the very detail info. So you mean that the front is already crystalline? And am not sure if SE will know the detail or do we check with intallation workshop ourselves?

Upon car collection, you will receive a document on 3M Window Films. You will use that to register online for the warranty. After that, you will have access to the details of the window films used ( i.e. what I had posted ).

IMHO, SE must know everything. [laugh]

• Praise 1

I do not know about the new model. But in the previous model I had drove, the 1st half depletes slower. Probably due to the V-Shape. I can drive close to 350-380km till it reach the Half tank mark.

Ya new model is experiencing this too?

Yup 1st tank depletes slower can get about 390 avg. 2nd half depletes faster.

Any bros here bought the scuff plate from the following url and installed on your altis

http://www.borneomotors.com.sg/toyotashop/productdetail.aspx?ID=310

Yo bro, quite easy to install as it also comes with the template for you to estimate and instruction on how to install.

Was looking at the LED scuff plate but not too sure on the installation, therefore bought the non-LED scuff plate instead... [:)]

Yo bro, quite easy to install as it also comes with the template for you to estimate and instruction on how to install.

Was looking at the LED scuff plate but not too sure on the installation, therefore bought the non-LED scuff plate instead... [:)]

Can the item be bought from the West Coast delivery centre so that I can install it when I collect the car.

Can the item be bought from the West Coast delivery centre so that I can install it when I collect the car.

Yes bro, you can buy for West Coast DC and install (bring a pair of scissor along to cut out the template).

Alternatively, they can also install for you at $10.

But if you want them to install, go for the LED scuff plate, more chio... [thumbsup]

Drove back and DIY at my MSCP, less pressure and working under the shade is more comfortable.

Yes bro, you can buy for West Coast DC and install (bring a pair of scissor along to cut out the template).

But if you want them to install, go for the LED scuff plate, more chio... [thumbsup]

Drove back and DIY at my MSCP, less pressure and working under the shade is more comfortable.

I prefer the non-LED ones. Thanks for your advise.

The LED ones need to drill hole ?

Hi would like to check for 2nd half tank of petrol it seems to deplete faster than 1st half. Do you guys experience it or its due to the shape of the tank?

normal, happened to my G9 as well.

you shld clock about 100km fr full to the F mark, and then by halfway mark shld be about 350km. then depending on usage, can clock about 600-650km for a whole tank.

For those who are searching for bulb sizes of the car, here's what i have so far:

1) Interior cabin light - 31mm dome

2) Map reading light - wedge T10, 5W

3) License plates - wedge T10, 5W

4) Reverse lights - wedge T15, 921, W16W

Didn't see the rest as I'm leaving them untouched.

Feel free to add further if you know more. Fog i think is H16. Boot shld be wedge t10, but seems is 8W. i cld be wrong.

I never put scuff plate for my current car. Will installing of scuff plate hinder the closing of car doors.

anyone know where to download the new altis manual?

Thats a good suggestion idea :)

Softcopy easier to search for the relevant topics :)

The LED ones need to drill hole ?

Yo bro, that I not sure, maybe need to drill hole.

Can't find the holes near the door panels for the wires to go into.

My previous FL-G9 coms with LED scuff plate quite chio... [:)]

I never put scuff plate for my current car. Will installing of scuff plate hinder the closing of car doors.

Yo bro, not to worry.

All my cars comes with OEM/AD fitted scuff plate, no issue with door closing.

But if buy from other sources, I never tried, so no comments but should be the same... [:)]

Any bros, have check the LED brake light?

Notice 1 row never light up or is it just a dummy LED?

See the area circle in green.

Hope my is just one off and can get BM to rectify.

post-61048-0-02450300-1428767130_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement