New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

I echo 7hm's thought as well. Down specs it some more, than I will think it loses it unique proposition already. I think a 1.5 engine for this size of a car (OMG for the 1liter 3 cylinder version available elsewhere) I cannot relate/imagine how it will drive.

Thus, although I have still have 2 year n 2 mths left on my current Latio 5 dr, I booked a unit on Friday 😎 This is against my logical monetary judgement as I felt and believe that COE price will come down slowly but surely in the coming months.

Love the car n it's current specs. At it's current price, I think it's a pretty value for money n a reasonable proposition. Overall, very happy with my decision n my SE's service 👍

Perhaps the management base their decision on sales stats worldwide that 1.5 liter hit the sweet spot for majority of the market. Or perhaps once again they have to take whatever the factory can spare due to the forgettable numbers that they are selling in Singapore. Either way, it's a pity. After studying n looking at my shortlisted car choices, I have to say that Ford's offering generally hit the sweet spot between what you pay for and what you get.

Congratulations Lucille!

Which color or model did you go for? Mine still have another 1 year plus to go which is holding me back from committing to the mondeo.

Must agree that the technology is very advance in the mondeo !

↡ Advertisement

Deal done. Getting the red 4dr. Like Lucille I gave up 11 months of my very enjoyable Legacy R.

Supercharged

1.5 sounds better if it's cheaper as can be under cat A

1,5 turbo engine will be >130bhp lor

Turbocharged

Deal done. Getting the red 4dr. Like Lucille I gave up 11 months of my very enjoyable Legacy R.

Closed at 140k?

Congratulations Lucille!

Which color or model did you go for? Mine still have another 1 year plus to go which is holding me back from committing to the mondeo.

Must agree that the technology is very advance in the mondeo !

Got the 5 dr Magnetic Grey 😀

Welcome to the club 👍

Yes 140k. COE rebate at 49k

Any freebies?

• Praise 1

Well done Teik!

Never know we can negotiate down the price offered by the SE. Thought we can only negotiate for freebies

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

so 141~143k for 5dr is possible...? [idea]

but then if I'm told no...must be 149... :a-no:

You gotta understand that this was a one time special. I spent more than an hour in discussion. I brought up my past customer relationship with RM and also agreed to some trade offs . That's negotiation - give and take. To RM's credit they were also supportive to give the fresh SE their first break. Sama sama cari makan.

That's quite a feat. Cash reduction of 4K. Well done. Guess the rest of us just didn't try hard enough.

You gotta understand that this was a one time special. I spent more than an hour in discussion. I brought up my past customer relationship with RM and also agreed to some trade offs . That's negotiation - give and take. To RM's credit they were also supportive to give the fresh SE their first break. Sama sama cari makan.

Good on you n them. So trade off is no freebies?

1.5 sounds better if it's cheaper as can be under cat A

Bro the 1.5L bhp is over 130 sure kana cat B ecoboost engine.... looking at around 182 like the Kuga.... Powerful but still not as good as our current 2.0L :)

5DR only 1- Red & 1-Tectonic Sliver $ 149K

4DR 8 Units left 1- frozen white 2- panther black 1- moondust 2- tectonic sliver 2- magnetic $144K

Call me @90050666 for more info I work for the company lah bro "FORD"

This is the price and stock list as of 27/07/2015.....Prices are subjected to changes Guys

• Praise 1

(edited)

Congratulations! Glad you managed to get your price! [thumbsup]

So how @7hm ? [laugh]

Edited by Mason016

Bro the 1.5L bhp is over 130 sure kana cat B ecoboost engine.... Powerful but still not as good as our current 2.0L :)

This is the price and stock list as of 27/07/2015.....Prices are subjected to changes Guys

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Sg/1657716411123800?ref=hl

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Sg/1657716411123800?ref=hl

Supercharged

you owned a ford before?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Congratulations! Glad you managed to get your price! [thumbsup]

So how @7hm ? [laugh]

My family will be finalizing decision soon... if it is not Mondeo, then so be it. [bigcry]

must move on and find a ride that suits current budget and ideals.

Bro the 1.5L bhp is over 130 sure kana cat B ecoboost engine.... looking at around 182 like the Kuga.... Powerful but still not as good as our current 2.0L :)

5DR only 1- Red & 1-Tectonic Sliver $ 149K

4DR 8 Units left 1- frozen white 2- panther black 1- moondust 2- tectonic sliver 2- magnetic $144K

Our real questions not just about the engine power... what will be the changes to equipment? Is it going to drop from Titanium to Trend, safety spec drop, etc.

Like, will still have collision mitigation system, the SONY + SYNC2 audio system, Dynamic LED etc.??

If equipment all the same, or even better, but just the smaller capacity EcoBoost, I have reason to believe your car can move units. If spec drop, I won't want it anymore.

For everyone else here, a check with Ford UK reveals that the 1.5L EcoBoost option gives you 160PS/118kW (~158hp) with about an extra 2km/l. Performance drops to 9.1s to 100km/h and top speed is down almost 30 to 214km/h.

Admittedly, still quite reasonable.

Edited by 7hm

Supercharged

My family will be finalizing decision soon... if it is not Mondeo, then so be it. [bigcry]

must move on and find a ride that suits current budget and ideals.

Our real questions not just about the engine power... what will be the changes to equipment? Is it going to drop from Titanium to Trend, safety spec drop, etc.

Like, will still have collision mitigation system, the SONY + SYNC2 audio system, Dynamic LED etc.??

If equipment all the same, or even better, but just the smaller capacity EcoBoost, I have reason to believe your car can move units. If spec drop, I won't want it anymore.

For everyone else here, a check with Ford UK reveals that the 1.5L EcoBoost option gives you 160PS/118kW (~158hp) with about an extra 2km/l. Performance drops to 9.1s to 100km/h and top speed is down almost 30 to 214km/h.

Admittedly, still quite reasonable.

Just curious, the Mazda 2.5 R Luxury seems to be a strong alternative. Just as fast but road tax higher.

You never consider?

↡ Advertisement