Jump to content

2015 Forester 2.0


subarudreamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

(edited)

Any new FXT owner going to sell their 18'' rims with tyres? I am considering to change/upgrade my FNA stock rims from 17'' to 18'' XT rim.....

 

Hi Richard, you got any lobang bo? Or your storeroom got XT rims lying there?  [laugh] 

Edited by titaniclexus
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Any new FXT owner going to sell their 18'' rims with tyres? I am considering to change/upgrade my FNA stock rims from 17'' to 18'' XT rim.....

 

Hi Richard, you got any lobang bo? Or your storeroom got XT rims lying there? [laugh]

Hi Titanic,

 

Haha .. bo liao ..traded in 10 days stock rims and tyres for sgd300 after decided that I needed bbk.

 

Couple of sellers in carousell though ...

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Guys, for quality hose clamps, can go to Hup Tech at Jln Berseh:

 

http://www.hupteck.com/content1_06.htm

 

They don't carry Breeze Liner clamps too, so i got a close equivalent Orbit 316 stainless steel clamps. They are also without those gears that will destroy the rubber by cutting into them as you tighten. See below:

 

http://orbit-hoseclips.com/?product=obbsw4-obbsw5

Hi Orixy,

 

Nice share !

 

Fortunately one fxt kaki had spare sets and will install at BKS with the AOS arriving next Monday.

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Titanic,

 

Haha .. bo liao ..traded in 10 days stock rims and tyres for sgd300 after decided that I needed bbk.

 

Couple of sellers in carousell though ...

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Hi Orixy,

 

Nice share !

 

Fortunately one fxt kaki had spare sets and will install at BKS with the AOS arriving next Monday.

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Hi Richard,

 

Wah... trade in $300 for rims n tyres only ah... I checked those seller asking for 300-350 for rims alone only not include tyres oso.. exp... the issue is my 17” stock rims how to go off oso... hmm...

 

Some bros comments that XT rims 18” stock tyres is not good n slippery. While the FNA rims 17” stock tyres is better. Any comments?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Richard,

 

Wah... trade in $300 for rims n tyres only ah... I checked those seller asking for 300-350 for rims alone only not include tyres oso.. exp... the issue is my 17â stock rims how to go off oso... hmm...

 

Some bros comments that XT rims 18â stock tyres is not good n slippery. While the FNA rims 17â stock tyres is better. Any comments?

Someone selling on Facebook. 2k mileage 600 bucks with tyres
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Richard,

 

Wah... trade in $300 for rims n tyres only ah... I checked those seller asking for 300-350 for rims alone only not include tyres oso.. exp... the issue is my 17” stock rims how to go off oso... hmm...

 

Some bros comments that XT rims 18” stock tyres is not good n slippery. While the FNA rims 17” stock tyres is better. Any comments?

 

Hi Titanic,

 

Yes, indeed stocker dueler 18" tyres are quite bad ... down mscp and you will feel the tyres losing grip on a rainy day and especially in my office at new techpark lorong chuan where carpark floor is painted... forgo them and just look for the 18" rims for both preFL and FL ones as preFL is also quite nice.

 

Try going to bigger tyre shops and I will not be surprised if the 18" rims are available though not advertised as they take them it as in my case but getting rare since very little fxt and owners may not change out the rims.

 

Cheers,

 

Richard

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Scooby,

 

My take on your query on solar film is as follows:

 

1. Our feeling that we need to upgrade solar film due to a combination of:

 

  • our glass being clear ... toyota like my scrapped estima and many others both Jap and conti are already with greenish or blue tint which reduces IR (not UV)
  • other than vcool at 1.4k+ and risk of GPS, IU etc. having reception trouble, 3M which I foolishly paid 1k+ after also foolishly giving up MI's and others, like Zen and Ultramax on my qashqai, are about the same on IR reduction
  • bloody global warming effect and super hot sun recently

2. Adding on double layers with Zen and any other brand will certainly reduces IR/heat with obvious reduction burning sensation and without no obvious blurring, double vision etc. which were the initial concerns but:

  • need Zen or any installers to ensure super cleaned since our car interior is super dusty
  • scratches and imperfection will be more obvious
  • ensure clear type to maintain LTA friendness

Lastly, you may wish to try windscreen and front mirrors at sgd200 1st with upfront agreement with Zen that you can proceed with whole car if ok for another sgd200+. I am 1000% against shade due to old flower eyes and safety consideration but our fxt's well known all round visibility helps with 1% effects on having rear row and boot rows pairs being in shade which is what I have including night drive ... no, I do not go into JB often and once so far which removing on rear rows was easy peasy since passengers did it themselves but driving alone to JB will be a nightmare if not removed first.

 

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Scooby and bros,

 

An update on 2nd layer of Zen solar film add to 1st layer of 3M Ceramic ....

 

Contrary to earlier feedback on no blurry vision, it is indeed the case but while looking thru rear windows without (usually with shades), there is a certain slight milky tint that results in less clarity.

 

For me it is accepetable vs not adding the 2nd layer and tolerate the heat but tot bros should be updated.

 

No, it is not like HD vs SD but more like HD vs 4K screen if it helps.

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Bros looking for rim update,

 

If not adverse to online shipping and wish for grear price and germany accepted quality instead of some unbranded rims from local shops, please consider below seller who I bought my bilstein B12 for my qashqai at 2/3 the price .. trustworthy and dun know how the handle free shipping at such great price:

 

https://m.ebay.de/itm/Dotz-Felgen-Shift-shine-8-0Jx19-ET35-5x100-fur-SUBARU-FORESTER-OUTBACK-IMPREZA-L/382450582989?fits=Year%3A2017%7CMake%3ASubaru%7CModel%3AForester%7CPlatform%3ASJ%7CType%3A2.0+XT+AWD%7CEngine%3A1998+ccm%2C+177+KW%2C+241+PS&hash=item590bd4c5cd:g:LLwAAOSwmdVa6Bqd

 

Having the prodrive gc-014I but also wondering much nice how 19" rims looks and probably sell off the prodrive and keep some cash ..lol !

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

post-149594-0-12949400-1527309593.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
(edited)

Any new FXT owner going to sell their 18'' rims with tyres? I am considering to change/upgrade my FNA stock rims from 17'' to 18'' XT rim.....

 

Hi Richard, you got any lobang bo? Or your storeroom got XT rims lying there? [laugh]

I just saw one in Forester Facebook posting yesterday to sell XT rim and tyre. Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new FXT owner going to sell their 18'' rims with tyres? I am considering to change/upgrade my FNA stock rims from 17'' to 18'' XT rim.....

 

Hi Richard, you got any lobang bo? Or your storeroom got XT rims lying there?  [laugh] 

 

there might be some stock at Pitstop Tyres. saw them the last time i sold my rims for previous car.

Bros looking for rim update,

 

If not adverse to online shipping and wish for grear price and germany accepted quality instead of some unbranded rims from local shops, please consider below seller who I bought my bilstein B12 for my qashqai at 2/3 the price .. trustworthy and dun know how the handle free shipping at such great price:

 

https://m.ebay.de/itm/Dotz-Felgen-Shift-shine-8-0Jx19-ET35-5x100-fur-SUBARU-FORESTER-OUTBACK-IMPREZA-L/382450582989?fits=Year%3A2017%7CMake%3ASubaru%7CModel%3AForester%7CPlatform%3ASJ%7CType%3A2.0+XT+AWD%7CEngine%3A1998+ccm%2C+177+KW%2C+241+PS&hash=item590bd4c5cd:g:LLwAAOSwmdVa6Bqd

 

Having the prodrive gc-014I but also wondering much nice how 19" rims looks and probably sell off the prodrive and keep some cash ..lol !

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

 

would be interested in your Prodrive if you do sell  [;)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi richard

 

Hv not done the zen film over the mi layer yet. Read up abit n spoke to some, most seem apprehensive and some advise against. Will ponder abit more. Else if outcome not gd, it be a fair bit of hassle. Zzzz

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put zen on top of MI layer for front and back, the rest of the windows I just replace instead. First due to a scratch on the film on one window, I have no idea why and how. Another because there are finger prints in 2 other windows!!! Very difficult to notice them but they are there.

 

The heat rejection is significant. I used to get sun burnt feel on my arms, now no more.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

there might be some stock at Pitstop Tyres. saw them the last time i sold my rims for previous car.

 

 

would be interested in your Prodrive if you do sell [;)]

Hi Sarion,

 

Noted but will probably keep even if try try 19".

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done the Zen film over stock MI film thingy - ie. 2 layers using the Zen Platinum. I felt that the reduction in heat was v obvious and value for money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Hi richard

 

Hv not done the zen film over the mi layer yet. Read up abit n spoke to some, most seem apprehensive and some advise against. Will ponder abit more. Else if outcome not gd, it be a fair bit of hassle. Zzzz

Hi Scooby,

 

Please ensure you read about and speak to those who had done it .. many speculate and many theories on negative side but had not done it.

 

Believe you know I am fussy and frankly din realised the mentioned very slight loss in clarity until today when it was shining bright and I looked to my rear side window with only 3M when shades were removed .. which is not unexpected since you have 2 layers i.e. 2 thin film adhesive instead of one.

 

Just contact me or bro chucky, Immotive, Orixy etc. who had done it and see for yourself if ok .. dun have to wonder one.

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Richard,

 

Wah... trade in $300 for rims n tyres only ah... I checked those seller asking for 300-350 for rims alone only not include tyres oso.. exp... the issue is my 17â stock rims how to go off oso... hmm...

 

Some bros comments that XT rims 18â stock tyres is not good n slippery. While the FNA rims 17â stock tyres is better. Any comments?

Hi Titanic,

 

Indeed ...sgd600 if I had drive from collection to tyre shop but was not planning to change until realises need bbk which means new rims and then new tyres since stock dueler for fxt also not preferred.

 

Carousell sellers sells there cos they also know tyre/rim shops will never give them that kind of price.

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tks Richard. I think will not go for XT stock rim. Maybe use till end of my 17” tyres botak liao then go for 18”. Cos stock 18” oso cannot install BBK right? I want to improve my brake, got feedback fm other bros that SSBH not much impact on brake, don’t waste the money, might as well go for BBK. Hmmm.... but I have very limited knowledge in BBK.... haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tks Richard. I think will not go for XT stock rim. Maybe use till end of my 17” tyres botak liao then go for 18”. Cos stock 18” oso cannot install BBK right? I want to improve my brake, got feedback fm other bros that SSBH not much impact on brake, don’t waste the money, might as well go for BBK. Hmmm.... but I have very limited knowledge in BBK.... haha

 

try changing brake pads

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bros looking for rim update,

 

If not adverse to online shipping and wish for grear price and germany accepted quality instead of some unbranded rims from local shops, please consider below seller who I bought my bilstein B12 for my qashqai at 2/3 the price .. trustworthy and dun know how the handle free shipping at such great price:

 

https://m.ebay.de/itm/Dotz-Felgen-Shift-shine-8-0Jx19-ET35-5x100-fur-SUBARU-FORESTER-OUTBACK-IMPREZA-L/382450582989?fits=Year%3A2017%7CMake%3ASubaru%7CModel%3AForester%7CPlatform%3ASJ%7CType%3A2.0+XT+AWD%7CEngine%3A1998+ccm%2C+177+KW%2C+241+PS&hash=item590bd4c5cd:g:LLwAAOSwmdVa6Bqd

 

Having the prodrive gc-014I but also wondering much nice how 19" rims looks and probably sell off the prodrive and keep some cash ..lol !

 

Cheers.

 

Richard

 

 

offset 35, can it clear bbk?

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...