Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Hi guys. I'm about to place a deposit for a 1.0 ST. Aside from the standard iroad camera and window tint, what other freebies can I ask for?

replica 3m carmats,

upgrade the iroad to the higher version.

I know some got free 1 year servicing, but this is really must have very strong negotiating power.

1 year road tax

Anyone book the 1.0HB at $84,888 with guaranteed COE?

Was very tempted to book this model yesterday as I saw the price has dropped $12k since launched last June. This pricing suppose to be the lowest due to the $36k COE. I was thinking that the COE will likely to shoot up due to backlog orders over last 2 weekends and come Jan 18, the removal of CEVS rebates will make most cars to be more expensive. Even if COE plunge to 30k, the overall car price will still be higher I suppose.

What is holding me back now is my current 3 months old ride and to buy Astra means I will have to let go my current ride at a loss of at least $10k. But my maths sum is telling me that the price reduction of $12k for the Astra vs the loss of $10k of current ride maybe reasonable to commit this buy now. Doing my sum again and I have till 20 Sep to seal the deal at $84,888 with guaranteed COE.

Wish me luck 

• Praise 2

Was very tempted to book this model yesterday as I saw the price has dropped $12k since launched last June. This pricing suppose to be the lowest due to the $36k COE. I was thinking that the COE will likely to shoot up due to backlog orders over last 2 weekends and come Jan 18, the removal of CEVS rebates will make most cars to be more expensive. Even if COE plunge to 30k, the overall car price will still be higher I suppose.

What is holding me back now is my current 3 months old ride and to buy Astra means I will have to let go my current ride at a loss of at least $10k. But my maths sum is telling me that the price reduction of $12k for the Astra vs the loss of $10k of current ride maybe reasonable to commit this buy now. Doing my sum again and I have till 20 Sep to seal the deal at $84,888 with guaranteed COE.

Wish me luck

U buy new car then now wanna change?

Wish me luck 

Unless there's a really good reason - say you hate your current ride, why change at such a loss?

What car do you drive now?

Unless there's a really good reason - say you hate your current ride, why change at such a loss?

What car do you drive now?

Not really hate my current ride - Mitsubishi Attrage. It is just that the Astra is now too attractively priced and moving forward, I don't think this price will appear again unless the COE goes south further; which is not possible at least for the next few biddings. Come 2018, COE might move south but overall car price will be higher. For example, the Astra 1.0 will loss its CEVS rebate totally and that means 15k more to the selling price. Will COE drop another 15k to compensate for the increase in price? I don't think so hor...  

• Praise 1

Not changing yet but just thinking and sharing my crave over Astra here.... :a-m1212:

At that price range you have quite a few choices..

Kia3, Honda jazz, etc

Make sure you understand what you want bro..

Not changing yet but just thinking and sharing my crave over Astra here.... :a-m1212:

Astra is quite an upgrade over the attrage. Get it with servicing package and it should be good to go

Elantra is a good competitor at similar price range. Just less technology.

K3 may be priced as such but their T&C alot. Also loan terms not as favourable.

Edited by Johnny86
  • Praise 1

Not really hate my current ride - Mitsubishi Attrage. It is just that the Astra is now too attractively priced and moving forward, I don't think this price will appear again unless the COE goes south further; which is not possible at least for the next few biddings. Come 2018, COE might move south but overall car price will be higher. For example, the Astra 1.0 will loss its CEVS rebate totally and that means 15k more to the selling price. Will COE drop another 15k to compensate for the increase in price? I don't think so hor...

Keep the attrage la
  • Praise 1

In terms of overall, long term reliability and maintaining your sanity, I'd rather you keep the Attrage (at least for 3-5 years, to mitigate the hit you'd take on front-end depreciation) ... albeit it's general lacking in applied technology and deemed design 'sophistication'.

Trust me.

• Dislike 2

u don't have to buy new. let the Astra used price slide. if u worry about repairs, when u buy new, the dealer already priced in above the possible repairs anyway. 

im an 8 year Alfa owner. i sure as hell know what it means to spend on repairs. and let me tell u, the warranty is crap. cos the expensive breakdowns all happen after warranty!

• Praise 1

Yeah man keeping attrage makes more sense. Lower depre and low maintenance. Parts are easy to find.

Astra is definitely a good looking car without doubt for the pricing. Only issues are the reliability and nitty witty problems. If you can see beyond there for a fun drive then go for it. Just be prepared but you might also be lucky and have a problem free drive.

↡ Advertisement