Admiralty 4th Gear October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 I saw a interesting topic ... what did your grand parents did during the war ? For mine ... they hide in the jungle . ð There is a possibility our grand parents were frens then... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ct3833 Supersonic October 17, 2017 Author Share October 17, 2017 I think @cscbb is telling to either vote for opposition or stop complaining since we voted for it. more like tell us continue to vote for ruling party but stop complaining. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kusje Supersonic October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 @kusje Is this Obama or Osama ah? Trick question!!!!! This is Obama but wearing Osama's turban. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Admiralty 4th Gear October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 My grandparents probably still in diapers (or whatever they used in those days). But my greatgrandpa was a jap collaborator. He collaborated with the japs when they asked him to get onto the truck and was never seen or heard from again. He might still be collaborating with them in Japan now. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jellandross Supersonic October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 I'm a newbie to this thread. Is @CSCBB a verb, a noun or an adjective? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ALTK Turbocharged October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kyrios Turbocharged October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 I wanted to argue about the history part since I have an interest in ww2 and I read up a lot on it but I just saw this thread so I reply here. If the patient makes such a complain 1) I will see if the complaint has merit. If he is really not getting better I have to feedback to the doctor cos medicine is not working. 2) if medicine is not working cos he is terminally ill, I will still feedback to the doctor cos we should not be giving medicines that are obviously not going to work. Even for palliative care we don't just give pain killers if the patient is still in pain. Change the meds, change the dosage or even the approach but don't keep doing the same thing if the patient is still screaming in pain. In the rare times that nothing will work then at least try and not just keep quiet and do the same as usual. 3) if patient complain for the sake of complaining, yes he is the trouble maker you speak of but that is after we are sure his complaint has no merit. In the mrt situation you sure no merit to our complaints? I still take mrt. I was stuck when the NSEW line broke down and there was chaos when even the police did not know what to do. My colleagues could not get to their place of duty because there was no mrt and all taxi were full. No right to grumble? The problem now is that some in the G just brush off all complaints instead of taking the time to sift through the complaints to see which has merit and which has not.and just say all complainers are trouble makers. Some of us still engage in debates with you cos we are doing what the management should be doing. Sift through the remarks and dislike or scold for those unwarranted remarks and debate on those that have some merit. Wow I wont question you on your professionalism.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Theoldjaffa Hypersonic October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 I'm a newbie to this thread. Is @CSCBB a verb, a noun or an adjective? I did a search and found this result 7 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kusje Supersonic October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 I did a search and found this result 67637962-9857-4859-AF78-A96126B8392F.jpeg @enye Sifu, did he google properly? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Admiralty 4th Gear October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 Bro, better don't use Chinese words ah...firstly cscbb 'cannot get it' ...secondly hor...wait got ppl anyhow interpret and give u dislike de. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
grandis123 4th Gear October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 "No one questioned"? The whites then already starting shoring up defences in early 30s and Empire troops were double that of Imperial Japan by 1941. When did the war in Europe begin? Empire England was already stretched thin so modern aircraft and warships were in short supply. You do know that USA did not enter war yet at that time, right? Stop telling fake history story as if the chinese population then was demanding and warning about outdated military tactics or wrong defence tactics. Can you plse admit that certain issues are out of your depth? What is so hard for middle-class white-collar chinese senior males to admit that they don't know enough? How can you teach kids or younger citizens if you are wrong? Wow uncle not only can write well, but history also very solid. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Staff69 Hypersonic October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 (edited) https://youtu.be/G1iIz5_kvuo take 5 everyone...then keep burning Edited October 17, 2017 by Staff69 3 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
grandis123 4th Gear October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 re: China is a bully... but the best way to handle it .. would be diplomacy... there is no need as far as i was concern to make remarks to msm. But diplomacy was not what the gahmen bashers and hypocrite complainers demanded. They demanded that Vivian be sacked and Defence Minister had to announce end to training in Taiwan. Ridiculous. In the end, when the HK Customs come out and admit no problem, plus China foreign minister make statement about strong ties, then all Hypocrites sulk. And angry because they cannot find fault with gahmen. I can attest to it. During the Terrex time, so many people calling PM (pinky) to step down, shouted PM cannot hold a candle to his father, talk to much, very pro Armerica and now Trump play us out, offended china, must kowtow to china and etc.. I was disappointed and worried.. I am sure PM knows and want to do what is best for SG...there could be some policies fault but I am sure he will give his full attention to correct it. At that time, I noticed some of the forumers are so unforgiving. These evil guys just want PM, FM, DM to step down, and then what? I mean What will happen, replacement, step down, replacement step down.... Is this what they want. I don't think we have a talent pool big enough to find replacement to lead SG easily. I also share my view to those who always complaint on high salaried ministers. Just ask yourself, if you are a capable guy with brain, would you accept peanut salary to join politics? I can be sure I will not because I am not so noble. I need to look after my family of seven (wife not working), bring them for nice holiday, buy new toys, car, motor bikes, golf holiday. In any case, I don't have the brain and willpower also. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 I can attest to it. During the Terrex time, so many people calling PM (pinky) to step down, shouted PM cannot hold a candle to his father, talk to much, very pro Armerica and now Trump play us out, offended china, must kowtow to china and etc.. I was disappointed and worried.. I am sure PM knows and want to do what is best for SG...there could be some policies fault but I am sure he will give his full attention to correct it. At that time, I noticed some of the forumers are so unforgiving. These evil guys just want PM, FM, DM to step down, and then what? I mean What will happen, replacement, step down, replacement step down.... Is this what they want. I don't think we have a talent pool big enough to find replacement to lead SG easily. I also share my view to those who always complaint on high salaried ministers. Just ask yourself, if you are a capable guy with brain, would you accept peanut salary to join politics? I can be sure I will not because I am not so noble. I need to look after my family of seven (wife not working), bring them for nice holiday, buy new toys, car, motor bikes, golf holiday. In any case, I don't have the brain and willpower also. Terrex issue also have one very important point. China government had not say anything and declare all these as Hong Kong domestic issue. Want to kowtow to China also cannot. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Philipkee Twincharged October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 (edited) @grandis123, the point is if they are so merciless to the opposition, every little thing keep finding fault to the point of suggesting that they commit suicide and such, is it not unexpected that there be hatred for them online? A general who treats his men with contempt in peacetime cannot reasonably expect his men to support him during war time because "we must be united ". And are you really sure there is no talent in Singapore? Do you really think that? World leaders come and go. Nothing changes. The world still spins. Life goes on. What makes us so different that if these leaders step down no one can step up? And if that were true, is this not an indictment of our current leaders when one priority for any leader is to groom a successor? Edited October 17, 2017 by Philipkee Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Odyssey2011 5th Gear October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 Your version of history is wrong. The non-whites were not citizens so they did not bother. They were not demanding and banging table to be allowed to establish their own defence force, as you imply. When Peoples Defence Force was allowed in late 1930s, ranks were filled. Your wrong version of history is truly worth 2 cents only. The non-whites were not citizens so they did not bother. Is this what MOE's history text book taught you? Then Lim Bo Seng sacrifice his life for which country? So you did mean he is not a war hero of Singapore? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Theoldjaffa Hypersonic October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 @enye Sifu, did he google properly? to prove my point, i did another search 4 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged October 17, 2017 Share October 17, 2017 @grandis123, the point is if they are so merciless to the opposition, every little thing keep finding fault to the point of suggesting that they commit suicide and such, is it not unexpected that there be hatred for them online? A general who treats his men with contempt in peacetime cannot reasonably expect his men to support him during war time because "we must be united ". And are you really sure there is no talent in Singapore? Do you really think that? World leaders come and go. Nothing changes. The world still spins. Life goes on. What makes us so different that if these leaders step down no one can step up? And if that were true, is this not an indictment of our current leaders when one priority for any leader is to groom a successor? You expect them to be merciful to their opponent??? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Related Discussions
Related Discussions
Any nice chinese song to recommend?
Any nice chinese song to recommend?
Hongqi Will Be The 20th Chinese Automotive Brand to Land in Singapore
Hongqi Will Be The 20th Chinese Automotive Brand to Land in Singapore
Missing Chinese actor Wang Xing found in Myanmar's notorious scam factory KK Park
Missing Chinese actor Wang Xing found in Myanmar's notorious scam factory KK Park
Really is SMLJ !!
Really is SMLJ !!
Are you Chinese or English?
Are you Chinese or English?
Electronic Chinese Dictionary
Electronic Chinese Dictionary
IPhone Chinese Ringtones
IPhone Chinese Ringtones
Happy Chinese New Year 2023!
Happy Chinese New Year 2023!