2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

I realized the distance left to refuel also malfunctioning intermittently after my first refuel. By right it should decrease as my distance travelled increase. However I travelled 20+km but the distance to refuel stuck at 407km. Last few mins before I reached home suddenly it works again dropped to 405km

According to the person the bulb will last approximately 500 running hours only which is roughly 1.5years. Before your first inspection you will most likely have to change the bulb already. And he also claimed that his car 5000k passed inspection depends on how anal the inspector is

For the distance gauge, it is only a gauge so i would not depend too much on it. It is a nice change to see figures, rather than trying to guess how much distance might be left, although it is not an accurate estimate. But i guess this will improve over time if the software is upgraded too. No harm checking it, will add to my list.

Crystal Vision 4300K and below are LTA-compliant, and the same seller indicated Avante bulbs are 12V 60W, so he is not installing a higher powered bulb, which can lead to overheating or possible fires. 1.5 years is kinda on the low side, but it really depends whether you often drive night or not.

Edited by Alslee

Going to send Avante for 1000km check soon. So far, minor issues, 'S' sign behind is dropping, film on rear window has air bubbles, small rectifications so far.

Anything else that probably needs attention?

Komoco service center can remove Air bubbles in solar film? I thought of leaving leaving the bubbles as they are small and not distracting. I can request if they can remove it

Neutral Newbie

hi.. anyone can share the pricing for solar film done at tuffi?

and does anyone have good recommdation for leather wrapping for steering wheel?

thanks alot

Going to send Avante for 1000km check soon. So far, minor issues, 'S' sign behind is dropping, film on rear window has air bubbles, small rectifications so far.

Anything else that probably needs attention?

Yea, my S logo also dropping and I have went back twice to rectify the solar film. 

Komoco service center can remove Air bubbles in solar film? I thought of leaving leaving the bubbles as they are small and not distracting. I can request if they can remove it

• Praise 1

I collected my Silver Avante S on Sunday after KMC completed registration on Saturday. They seem to be expediting deliveries.

No issues with the car so far. The radio is better than I expected. Seems to be able to lock on to Malaysian radio stations better than my Merc GLC. External sound insulation for higher and medium frequencies is very good but on certain coarse stretches of the AYE, lower frequency tire roar is loud. Engine sound insulation is very good though. Overall impression of the Avante insulation is that it’s similar level to my prior W246 Merc B class.

Suspension set up handled the winding South buena vista road well with only very slight body roll and the steering is accurate. But the car does not like to go through cobble stone surfaces, the bouncy vibrations from the uneven surface will be felt. This might be due to the rear torsion beam set up not being able to be keep up. However, I reckon it’s still an excellent value car.

• Praise 3

The pick up is so much better after refueling it with Esso 5000. Suspension is hard and it didn't cushioned well going over metal strips in carpark. My car was loaded with 5 persons. Overall, Avante is a pleasure to drive! My family loves it very much. No regrets getting this Korean car.

Yea, my S logo also dropping and I have went back twice to rectify the solar film.

You need to go to the Tuffi workshop at Sin Ming Drive. That is the place where our Avantes are being sent to to do up the solar film.

You can see there are many new cars there waiting for the solar film to be done up.

Was told the walk in price for Avante should be $1500.

In any case, the solar film comes with 10 years installation warranty. Was adviced by the staff not to attempt to fix it if there are any signs of it peeling off. Instead, drive back to them for them to rectify it.

May I know for the solar film, what was being rectified and if we drive to Komoco, still have to go to Sin Ming?

Neutral Newbie

Hello bros, SE promised this COE bidding will be successful for me. Can check with those that alrdy received their avante, how long it takes to receive the car after coe bid successful?

Hello bros, SE promised this COE bidding will be successful for me. Can check with those that alrdy received their avante, how long it takes to receive the car after coe bid successful?

When did u made the deposit? Thinking if I shld contact my SE. I bought in end Dec 18

For me it was within 5 days upon giving KMC the vehicle registration number. If you don’t have a number you want to bid for it would be faster. Edited by Beanbag

May I know for the solar film, what was being rectified and if we drive to Komoco, still have to go to Sin Ming?

Mine had big air bubbles on it. 2 pcs. They attenpted to fix it on my first visit. But on my second visit, they decided to replace it.

I went back to see my SE and she referred me to Tuffi to fix it.

Anyone bought the magnetic sunshade for the window?

Any recommendation can get from where?

You keen? I am looking to offload mine as I don't really like it. Heard you can get it from your SE at $73 for 4 pcs.