2014 / 2015 BMW 2 Series Active / Gran Tourer

slickshifters

Peugeot 508 n Ford Mondeo are 5 seater saloons right? Seems like you don't need an MPV otherwise you would have compared to the Peugeot 5008 instead.

Anyway, this 2GT is a mid sized MPV for occasional 7 persons and so it has to be bought with this in mind. Good torque, FC are its strengths. Lack of 3rd row aircon, diesel clatter are its weaknesses but then again which diesel doesn't have clatter and I believe most, if not all mid sized MPVs don't have a 3rd row aircon.

Just go and test out with your family and decide. Most of what is good and bad in this car has already been posted previously, good luck!!

HI SPRING,

thanks for the advise. indeed i dont need a MPV but the habit of a spacious CAMRY for the past 10 years means i am pampered with space and at my budget, only the FORD MONDEO / 508 ... 

that why i thought of looking into the 2GT since it is so highly spoken of. went to the AD today and saw the car, didnt drive it as the queue was long, ( singapore people really likes to buy cars! even on a monday ) ... but the feel is everything a beemer ... the shorter ACTIVE tourer was lacklustre though... a lot lesser feature then the bigger sister...

Cheers 

Richard 

HI SPRING,

thanks for the advise. indeed i dont need a MPV but the habit of a spacious CAMRY for the past 10 years means i am pampered with space and at my budget, only the FORD MONDEO / 508 ... 

that why i thought of looking into the 2GT since it is so highly spoken of. went to the AD today and saw the car, didnt drive it as the queue was long, ( singapore people really likes to buy cars! even on a monday ) ... but the feel is everything a beemer ... the shorter ACTIVE tourer was lacklustre though... a lot lesser feature then the bigger sister...

Cheers 

Richard 

Welcome Richard! Forgot to mention the plentiful features as also amongst the 2GT's strengths though some guys worry on the electronics giving way. To each his own I suppose.

From value point of view, I think the business AT is $15k cheaper than the luxury GT so $15k buys you more space and added features. Maybe you should tick off what the added features are and if u use it or not and also to test drive the 2GT before making a final decision, cheers!!

• Praise 3

HI SPRING,

Cheers 

Richard 

Out of curiosity, why not another Camry?

Out of curiosity, why not another Camry?

HI david,

change of taste.afetr 10 years with a sushi, i thought give a  try for Brawurst or paella or escargot ! hahaha

but if all fails,then there is always the favourite CHIRASHI DON around ... YUM! 

Richard 

• Praise 1

HI david,

change of taste.afetr 10 years with a sushi, i thought give a try for Brawurst or paella or escargot ! hahaha

but if all fails,then there is always the favourite CHIRASHI DON around ... YUM!

Richard

Dun expect camry "space"..its slightly narrower than camry. 5 series. Sonata. E class though.

No cruise control though i must admit the interior finishing of the 2gt is good.

• Praise 1

Scuff plate can be bought from taobao. 18" rims with rft is highly recommended as 16" cannot make it as too bumpy

May I know if it's possible to upgrade from 17" to 18" rft at order time (I ordered the GT)? Or do you do it after the 1st set has worn out?

I am also curious if anyone has added sound processor and power amp. I have a set from my existing Ody which I am considering if I should bring over or discard/sell.

May I know if it's possible to upgrade from 17" to 18" rft at order time (I ordered the GT)? Or do you do it after the 1st set has worn out?

I am also curious if anyone has added sound processor and power amp. I have a set from my existing Ody which I am considering if I should bring over or discard/sell.

How to change to 18" tyre w/o changing the rim?

By changing to 18" rim, it will be an indent order.

Definitely can add sound processor and power amp.  You need to find a good installer, who will not mess up your electronic.

HI david,

change of taste.afetr 10 years with a sushi, i thought give a try for Brawurst or paella or escargot ! hahaha

Richard

I know how you feel! 2gt price is ok for BMW. And you get a BMW badge with decent BMW quality. Go for it!

I know how you feel! 2gt price is ok for BMW. And you get a BMW badge with decent BMW quality. Go for it!

HI Yoke Chye,

thanks for the advise! the sales followed up today to make another appointment on monday as she says there might be new price package for 2 GT after today COE.

some how she gives me the impression they want my business more which is better treatment then what i get after touring the whole stretch of alexandra from A - Z brands, PI included,the MOST stuck up being the C company which is so crowded and the SE sounding like she dont need another customer. LOL....

BTW- at 160+K,does that sound like a good deal for 2 GT ? 

Richard. 

HI Yoke Chye,

thanks for the advise! the sales followed up today to make another appointment on monday as she says there might be new price package for 2 GT after today COE.

some how she gives me the impression they want my business more which is better treatment then what i get after touring the whole stretch of alexandra from A - Z brands, PI included,the MOST stuck up being the C company which is so crowded and the SE sounding like she dont need another customer. LOL....

Richard.

Sounds like you met a good SE, I've met stuck up SE at pml too. I'll say it's Heng xuay but ur right that c seems to be doing market place business, it's quite chaotic on the floor.
  • Praise 1

HI Yoke Chye,

Richard.

I think the price depends on thier promo and overtrade during that period bro...

Try to sqeze in thir frèbies, free fuel..ect

Oh yah ...my advise, dun go for thr 3m tint if possible...get some cash back and do outside..

HI Yoke Chye,

Richard.

Thought tmr coe then close? For 160k and the badge, I think it's a gd deal

hi guys, do you know of any bmw road shows coming up? Keen in getting the Active tourer diesel, but i haven't bought a car for close to 8 years and really have no idea who to call... ha ha

Do PML still give $2,000 worth of Shell petrol vouchers? Or is it back to $500?

Not sure current offer. My booking was back in March when 2AT purchase came with $500 Shell voucher (card-point).

Good for almost half-year worthy of Diesel

Enjoy!

Thought tmr coe then close? For 160k and the badge, I think it's a gd deal

She told me PML setting new price policy after COE bidding  this round which might be lower to my advantage, thus call to ask for appointment on monday. hopefully i can get a good deal to join the CONTI club... lol 

BMW - BRING More worries | Break my windows | bring more woman | hmmmm..... 

↡ Advertisement