Jump to content
BabyBlade

Slowly slowly reverse your car hor lol

Recommended Posts

Quote

The woman had just arrived to work at a government office when she went to reverse into a space on the fourth floor of the car park in Nonthaburi, Thailand on Thursday (28/11/19) morning.

But after edging back into the space, the driver was trying to straighten up and accidentally pressed the accelerator when the car was in reverse mode. In her panic state, she then pushed the pedal more, causing the car to jump over a hump on the ground and it shot backwards.

CCTV from the building shows how the brand new Toyota C-HR smashed through the concrete barrier and was left hanging dangerously over the drop, around 50ft in the air.

Shocked staff at the country’s Ministry of Health ran to help the driver. She was carried to safety from the passenger door as the collision had broken the handle on her side.

The clumsy worker, who was too embarrassed by the incident to reveal her name, told local television that she had recently bought the automatic transmission car and was not used to the new car and its forward and reverse gears.

Happened in Thailand few weeks ago. You can never go wrong with buying a Toyota. Toyota 1 Concrete 0. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily the car never free fall down the carpark! Report mentioned that driver just switched from manual to auto car and not used to it? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Luckily the car never free fall down the carpark! Report mentioned that driver just switched from manual to auto car and not used to it? :o

The report didn't mention manual transmission though. Could be like going from an old Toyota Premio (zigzag) to a C-HR for example. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2012-Toyota-Premio-gearknob.jpg.765ac416b7060d3fff315200d0034df1.jpg

2018-toyota-c-hr-first-drive.thumb.jpg.cd92e97a814e53831ed11913de297138.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benefit of front wheel drive if such things happen! Maybe can inch the car forward slowly

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

The report didn't mention manual transmission though. Could be like going from an old Toyota Premio (zigzag) to a C-HR for example. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2012-Toyota-Premio-gearknob.jpg.765ac416b7060d3fff315200d0034df1.jpg

2018-toyota-c-hr-first-drive.thumb.jpg.cd92e97a814e53831ed11913de297138.jpg

Maybe hor. But thought both also auto transmission gear box, got difference in engaging the gear? :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Happened in Thailand few weeks ago. You can never go wrong with buying a Toyota. Toyota 1 Thai Concrete 0. 

i dont think its that easy to reverse through carpark concrete locally ba....  

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thailand is right hand drive too? Then she have to climb out from the door on the left.

The construction of the carpark feels cheap.

Edited by Watwheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STiYaKuzA said:

Benefit of front wheel drive if such things happen! Maybe can inch the car forward slowly

Ya lor, front heavy so car stay put. A Porkie 911 would have plunged down...😁

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never impact engine, so in local lingo, is considered accident free.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summary was made in the second word from the whole passage.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×