Hybrid Battery Maintenance

has anyone gone to any hybrid workshop that does battery maintenance besides HEVshop?

What's the cost for cleaning hybrid fan or recharge the battery pack?

My PI warranty almost ending and they have never checked the hybrid battery before that's why was hoping to get it checked outside.

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, JamesOng_176825 said:

has anyone gone to any hybrid workshop that does battery maintenance besides HEVshop?

My PI warranty almost ending and they have never checked the hybrid battery before that's why was hoping to get it checked outside.

Thank you!

If your car no problem no need to go one. Hybrid car is running on lithium, very fuss free one. If you want to make sure your car battery is healthy. Always go for a long drive once in awhile to keep the battery charged. This can ensure your car battery in optimal condition. 

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If your car no problem no need to go one. Hybrid car is running on lithium, very fuss free one. If you want to make sure your car battery is healthy. Always go for a long drive once in awhile to keep the battery charged. This can ensure your car battery in optimal condition. 

Toyota is not on Lithium

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, JamesOng_176825 said:

Thank you!

If the battery is still charging and discharging normally, and doesnt go down to 1 bar or go up to max charge, and your FC is still in the same range, then I would say your battery is fine. Its good to clean the fan and replace filter (some hybrids have filter behind the seat) during servicing.

I have a PHV-driving friend who's Prius has clocked 200k km and the battery is still like new.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I drove the Prius 1.8 Before,  the batteries conked up. I checked the batteries using the Toyota techstream .. you can see the batteries Module unbalanced, that’s when they gives  you all the problem....I suggest Toyota hybrid owners to buy the “compatible” techstream online . You can do your own troubleshooting and also configure the car settings. 

Edited by Roadhogger
  • Praise 1

On 11/26/2020 at 8:04 PM, CRUZERSEE said:

If you have not done it, you can try the workshop at kaki bukit synergy 06-88. I brought my toyota there to service the hybrid batt. Low cost.

Safer to go back agent. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 5/14/2020 at 5:12 PM, Toeknee_33 said:

If the battery is still charging and discharging normally, and doesnt go down to 1 bar or go up to max charge, and your FC is still in the same range, then I would say your battery is fine. Its good to clean the fan and replace filter (some hybrids have filter behind the seat) during servicing.

I have a PHV-driving friend who's Prius has clocked 200k km and the battery is still like new.

The furthest drive is 300K+ km for taxi car (Prius) ,CEBA Hybrid car battery which have same performance of Toyota origin brand new.

Hence I supposed there are additional 100K km about for your battery

• Praise 1

I thought the Torque Pro app (only available in playstore Android) + bluetooth OBDII device allows you to monitor the condition of the battery modules? You guys dont go Youtube to see how ppl monitor the battery pack and at least know which module is going to fail?? Not even a bit curious? I dont drive a Prius I also know. 😂

144853_Screenshot_20180422-190805_Torque

Sometimes I really admire the courage ppl have. Not knowing a thing and then just jump right into it. Ask questions later.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I rent a hybrid Axio, I ran it to the ground. At around 300k km, the hybrid battery died.

They gave a replacement car with 280k km, I ran it till around 300k and the same thing happen, the hybrid battery died and need replacement.

So I'd say that's the ballpark figure.

just curious. if the hybrid battery dies. will the car still be able to run on petrol mode? probaby FC will be based on petrol mode thereafter.

Anyone can advise?

On 1/18/2021 at 7:59 PM, Kb27 said:

I rent a hybrid Axio, I ran it to the ground. At around 300k km, the hybrid battery died.

They gave a replacement car with 280k km, I ran it till around 300k and the same thing happen, the hybrid battery died and need replacement.

So I'd say that's the ballpark figure.

Do you happen to know where they send it to replace the hybrid batteries? 

6 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Do you happen to know where they send it to replace the hybrid batteries? 

I just send to LCR, they have internal servicing/repair workshop at Carros. Whether they send it out or self repair, I dunno.

12 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

just curious. if the hybrid battery dies. will the car still be able to run on petrol mode? probaby FC will be based on petrol mode thereafter.

Anyone can advise?

anyone can help to anser this? Cos never own hybrid cars before.

↡ Advertisement