Jump to content
Jamesc

2020 Mitsubishi Attrage (Part 2)

Recommended Posts

Hypersonic

Sound proofing is usually 2 layers. One layer is on the metal bit of the door and then another layer is on the frame of the door.

Mitsu actually bothered to stick 2 pieces of felt to dampen a bit of vibration on the door plastic.

:grin: 

One layer on the door skin

image.thumb.png.fcb9d6c3001eea0e8c86b5465949f2a1.png

One layer on the door frame

image.thumb.png.145a257d471a8ee8c77d8e9b9ecd90b2.png

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

thought this part is mostly empty for most car as it's a plastic cover only. The sound proofing if any , mainly on the metal body of the car part?

Mitsu has 2 pieces of felt. Better than never put anything I guess.

image.png.6aeba633dc54bbfaf8948c62ec5c5907.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I recall, my old Cerato door did not have any at all when the removed it to replaced he lock mechanism. So having a little is better than nothing. For a very long time, I have been looking for the foam fabric cover for the boot which is bare metal. You can see it has the holes to attach a foam cover but seems Mitsubishi decided not to add it. I once saw a Malaysian Mirage G4 (aka Attrage) on sale that had it installed but not able to reach the seller to ask as it is an archived post. Anyone has any idea where to get it? With it, at least when the boot hatch come crashing on your head, will not be that painful 🙂

 

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2020 at 5:28 PM, Jamesc said:

Sound proofing is usually 2 layers. One layer is on the metal bit of the door and then another layer is on the frame of the door.

Mitsu actually bothered to stick 2 pieces of felt to dampen a bit of vibration on the door plastic.

:grin: 

One layer on the door skin

image.thumb.png.fcb9d6c3001eea0e8c86b5465949f2a1.png

One layer on the door frame

image.thumb.png.145a257d471a8ee8c77d8e9b9ecd90b2.png

Mitsu has 2 pieces of felt. Better than never put anything I guess.

image.png.6aeba633dc54bbfaf8948c62ec5c5907.png

any car default from factory that came with 2 layer sound proof as shown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic

As far as I know no as this is for audio enthusiasts.

But I think atas cars like Rolls Royce have a lot of sound proofing but not like this after marker audio type of soundproofing.

:D

4 hours ago, Contipro said:

any car default from factory that came with 2 layer sound proof as shown?

 

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Does anyone know if the cabin and boot light can be swapped with something brighter? 

Also, anyone installed a rear (middle) cabin light? Not sure after the facelift why they did not add it as it is an easy upgrade from the factory. I find behind dark at night when you need a light.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, auto1701 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if the cabin and boot light can be swapped with something brighter? 

Also, anyone installed a rear (middle) cabin light? Not sure after the facelift why they did not add it as it is an easy upgrade from the factory. I find behind dark at night when you need a light.

Thanks

check bulb type and buy from aliexpress to LED type. it will be much brighter

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

Fellow Attrage Drivers, Just got an Attrage and need your thoughts.

My car is going to be a low mileage car (due to Covid usage levels :)) and would like to get suggestion on servicing. The servicing suggested is 1K(1month) /10K (6months) /20K  etc. Since my mileage is low would it be ok to delay the servicing the car till mileage is met? C&C App says 1K or 1month to first service, and I would not have done even half the mileage by then!

Do not believe in over pampering the car but also do not want the car to starve from servicing either :) Any thoughts if its ok to delay the servicing till suggested mileage or any impact to car/warranty etc. I wonder those of you with ROPC also might have same concern?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th Gear
1 hour ago, namburi9999 said:

Fellow Attrage Drivers, Just got an Attrage and need your thoughts.

My car is going to be a low mileage car (due to Covid usage levels 🙂) and would like to get suggestion on servicing. The servicing suggested is 1K(1month) /10K (6months) /20K  etc. Since my mileage is low would it be ok to delay the servicing the car till mileage is met? C&C App says 1K or 1month to first service, and I would not have done even half the mileage by then!

Do not believe in over pampering the car but also do not want the car to starve from servicing either 🙂Any thoughts if its ok to delay the servicing till suggested mileage or any impact to car/warranty etc. I wonder those of you with ROPC also might have same concern?

 

Engine oil have duration lifespan and will start breaking down even if low mileage.

What you should do is follow time based interval instead. Do the first servicing (1000km) at the first to second month, thereafter 7-8 months interval.

I personally would not exceed 9 months when using engine oil, no matter the mileage done.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
12 hours ago, namburi9999 said:

Fellow Attrage Drivers, Just got an Attrage and need your thoughts.

My car is going to be a low mileage car (due to Covid usage levels 🙂) and would like to get suggestion on servicing. The servicing suggested is 1K(1month) /10K (6months) /20K  etc. Since my mileage is low would it be ok to delay the servicing the car till mileage is met? C&C App says 1K or 1month to first service, and I would not have done even half the mileage by then!

Do not believe in over pampering the car but also do not want the car to starve from servicing either 🙂Any thoughts if its ok to delay the servicing till suggested mileage or any impact to car/warranty etc. I wonder those of you with ROPC also might have same concern?

 

IMHO.
If there is a requirement for 1k/1mth,  it is likely for the purposes of breaking in.
Do take a look in the owner manual to see if there are any procedure to follow e.g driving style. 
If you missed that service, will it void warranty? 

On the 10k/6 mth servicing,  if the car generally do short distances best is to follow the 6 months.
 

 

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

Friends, Does the Attrage come with reverse sensor? My new car has a reverse camera and it works great but I do not hear any sensors buzzing during reverse. I tried to check online if Attrage is supposed to have a reverse sensor but could not find any document.

Those of your driving a model bought after 2019 confirm if you have a reverse sensor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd Gear
11 hours ago, namburi9999 said:

Friends, Does the Attrage come with reverse sensor? My new car has a reverse camera and it works great but I do not hear any sensors buzzing during reverse. I tried to check online if Attrage is supposed to have a reverse sensor but could not find any document.

Those of your driving a model bought after 2019 confirm if you have a reverse sensor?

Hi Bro,

Yes, there is a reverse sensor and it beeps when you are reversing. If you do not hear it, check if the volume control has been set to zero. Anyway, if have issues, can get it sorted out during the 1k servicing.  

As for maintenance, actually your car can get by with servicing every 12M or 20k km but since we already have the free servicings, might as well use it. Granted we are technically over-servicing every 6 months but better than wasting it. In anycase, C&C still follow the maint regime, so even if you go earlier and its not due, they will not do that servicing task.

I find that the special coating that they applied is quite good. Not the premium type but enough to maintain your car paintwork shine. When it is dirty, it take very little effort to wash off the dirt due to the coating. I am happy with it. 

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear (edited)
11 hours ago, auto1701 said:

As for maintenance, actually your car can get by with servicing every 12M or 20k km but since we already have the free servicings, might as well use it. Granted we are technically over-servicing every 6 months but better than wasting it. In anycase, C&C still follow the maint regime, so even if you go earlier and its not due, they will not do that servicing task.

 

car can svc every 20,000km??? regardless got service package anot as another topic.

Edited by Unfazed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
27 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

car can svc every 20,000km??? regardless got service package anot as another topic.

Car svc is not only about changing EO, there is a checklist of items to be checked as well. Some are done visually, whilst others require physical checks. So best to go at the designated intervals as recommended by manufacturer. 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
1 hour ago, Spring said:

Car svc is not only about changing EO, there is a checklist of items to be checked as well. Some are done visually, whilst others require physical checks. So best to go at the designated intervals as recommended by manufacturer. 

fully agree with you...which is why I am puzzled over every 20k km as mentioned by another member here, 20k km interval seems long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Unfazed said:

fully agree with you...which is why I am puzzled over every 20k km as mentioned by another member here, 20k km interval seems long?

Jap n Korean cars nvr heard of 20k servicing before. Even Contis normally service at 15k intervals, 20k Contis are a rarity.

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
On 12/12/2020 at 5:28 PM, Jamesc said:

 

Mitsu has 2 pieces of felt. Better than never put anything I guess.

image.png.6aeba633dc54bbfaf8948c62ec5c5907.png

 

Lol....2 pathetic pieces of felt might as well dun put 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×