Moderna vaccine in Singapore

VteckiCk

Turbocharged

The after-effects.

You all made me scared.

I just took the first shot of moderna this morning.

The CC only has this dose.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

I think I better stop eating durians now or else I couldn't tell  if the fever is due to moderna or the fruit.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I think I better stop eating durians now or else I couldn't tell  if the fever is due to moderna or the fruit.

can switch to eat "papaya" ... inlinesix says one ... LOL

btw, drink some coconut water la ... cooling ... :D 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Albeniz said:

The after-effects.

You all made me scared.

I just took the first shot of moderna this morning.

The CC only has this dose.

I finished 2 shots moderna

First jab arm was much more sore. Second jab like no big deal

My wife opposite first jab ok second jab worse

Ymmv. Glhf 😅

• Praise 1

Small meta study for sure, but Moderna certainly seems to equal Pfizer & might even surpass it slightly...Canada uses both, like us.

(perhaps because of Moderna's higher 100 µg dose vs Pfizer's 30 µg?)

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Walk-ins accepted at community COVID-19 vaccination centres offering Moderna jab

SINGAPORE: No prior appointment will be needed for people who want to get a Moderna COVID-19 vaccine jab at community vaccination centres from Monday (Aug 2).

All Singaporeans, permanent residents and long-term pass holders aged 18 years and above who have not yet "come forward" for their first dose will now be able to walk in for their Moderna vaccine jab, said the Ministry of Health (MOH).

The 11 Moderna vaccination centres are located at these community clubs: Buona Vista, Hong Kah North, Kebun Baru, Kolam Ayer, Marsiling, Potong Pasir, Punggol 21, Radin Mas, Tampines East, Woodlands and Yew Tee.

• Praise 2

On 8/3/2021 at 12:03 AM, CremornePt said:

perhaps because of Moderna's higher 100 µg dose vs Pfizer's 30 µg?

Additional study indicating continued strong Moderna performance...

ST - Moderna says its Covid-19 shot remains 93% effective 4 - 6 months after second dose

NEW YORK (REUTERS) - Moderna Inc said on Thursday (aug 5) its Covid-19 shot was about 93 per cent effective four to six months after the second dose, showing hardly any change from the 94 per cent efficacy reported in its original clinical trial.

That compares favourably to data released by rivals Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE last week in which they suggested their vaccine's efficacy waned around 6 per cent every two months, declining to around 84 per cent six months after the second shot.

(...)

Moderna said its ongoing studies of three different booster candidates induced robust antibody responses against important variants of concern. These included the Gamma, Beta and Delta variants which were first identified in Brazil, South Africa and India respectively.

It said neutralising antibody levels following the boost approached those observed after the second shot of its vaccine.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Krieger said:

Most of my doc friends took Moderna. 

I read similar things from doctors in US - that's why I specifically picked Moderna over Pfizer.

(although I'd easily been content w/Pfizer, both are great vaccines)

Full disclosure: I picked up some MRNA in jan as well. 😀

Btw, approved for use in Australia yesterday...

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/australian-regulator-grants-provisional-approval-to-modernas-covid-19-vaccine

Edited by CremornePt

1 hour ago, Krieger said:

Guys, Moderna has way more years of MRna tech behind them on cancer and other vaccines. Most of my doc friends took Moderna. 

Pfizer seems to be more popular in sg than Moderna. Dont know why also. Many people might not want Moderna due to higher dosage injected than Pfizer. Lol.

Just now, 13177 said:

Pfizer seems to be more popular in sg than Moderna. Dont know why also.

Pfizer brand name seems more popular in SG. Don't know why. 😀

• Haha! 1

As far as I am aware of, the major worrying side effect is you glow in the dark after the second dose.

If decide to take booster than be prepared to go nuclear.

On a serious note: Don't take this vaccination lightly. Its an irreversible decision. The point is accept all consequences after your decision whether to be vaccinated or not.

The advice provided by our government or MOH are broad guidelines, so you need to be aware you are unique and there are exceptions.

18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Pfizer seems to be more popular in sg than Moderna. Dont know why also. Many people might not want Moderna due to higher dosage injected than Pfizer. Lol.

Pfizer was the first approved and available, before Moderna.

I guess the first foothold wins. The name bcums more "trustworthy".

I might have selected Moderna, but at that time, it wasn't available.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I guess the first foothold wins.

Also Moderna was always going to be a niche vaccine in SG in 2021 - international supplies are far more limited than Pfizer, with most of Moderna's initial production going to US.

In fact, I was pleasantly surprised we were able to get it at all, so early on...

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Also Moderna was always going to be a niche vaccine in SG in 2021 - international supplies are far more limited than Pfizer, with most of Moderna's initial production going to US.

In fact, I was pleasantly surprised we were able to get it at all, so early on...

PAP is shitty in lots of area but come to vaccine availability their fast hand fast leg ability in procuring them is quite remarkable, esp both pfizer/moderna looks like order n stock up a lot till now can just walk in anytime n get ur first shot, bravo...

• Praise 4

48 minutes ago, 13177 said:

My brother and his wife waited long for Pfizer and even delayed their jabs until he is still waiting for his 2 weeks to be finished for full vaccinated status... i also dont understand

I went for Moderna without really knowing as it said Kebun Baru clinic no waiting period so got it immediately

My bro's wife and mother-in-law both got harsher side effects but we all on Moderna had no big deal

• Praise 2