Road works

Cumzilla

Yes. Post COVID economic stimulation. 

OT, but Godzilla fought Kong. 

Who would Cumzilla fight? Schlong?😂

• Haha! 1

(edited)

Long weekend is the right times for road work.

Do not complain as I am sure you won't want the works to be carry out on weekday.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

A few weeks ago, Npark was doing tree pruning after PIE (Tuas) KJE overpass on a week day afternoon.

When I drive through, it was a 15mins jam.

On my way back an hour later, it was 1km jam.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Dig Here Today,Patch Up,Dig 10m away Tomorrow,Patch Up,Today dig by PUB,Tomorrow by Openet...Then follow by Gas Work...i can say the Roads in S'pore getting from Not Bad in the 90's to Worse in Present....like 3 rd World Countries..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Cumzilla said:

Anyone notice there are many road works today? Almost everywhere I drove got road works.

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/traffic_information/traffic_updates_and_road_closures.html

Try travel from Lentor, all the way down to Rocher. You see the amount of road works, you will shake head. Cos of NSC building. 

Bukit Timah towards Newton direction was pretty bad this late morning. Road works and tree pruning all at once, plus the traffic heading towards town. 

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes. Post COVID economic stimulation. 

OT, but Godzilla fought Kong. 

Who would Cumzilla fight? Schlong?😂

Tot would be Dong. 

Basically AMK ave 1/3/4/5/6/8/9 are all having road works. N it have been going on for very long. Beside the Aves, they are digging along along all the street (st 12/21 /31/41/44 etc ).  

The problem is that when they temporary patch back the surface, it was very uneven.  No one care at all about the quality of patching.

then the machine finally come to do proper resurfacing , they will bring all the machines to resurface part of one lane only. 

3 hours ago, Phluvcat said:

Tot would be Dong. 

I actually thought of that first but it's got more meanings than Schlong. 

1 hour ago, sbs2716g said:

Basically AMK ave 1/3/4/5/6/8/9 are all having road works. N it have been going on for very long. Beside the Aves, they are digging along along all the street (st 12/21 /31/41/44 etc ).  

The problem is that when they temporary patch back the surface, it was very uneven.  No one care at all about the quality of patching.

then the machine finally come to do proper resurfacing , they will bring all the machines to resurface part of one lane only. 

All the JLB working from home, how to check quality?

And after resurfacing, same place will be dug up again within 3 months. And the cycle continues....

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Kopites said:

Long weekend is the right times for road work.

Do not complain as I am sure you won't want the works to be carry out on weekday.

I noticed road work carry out on weekdays as well, they dont see which day of the week de. Even i saw some road work or tree pruning carry out until evening peak still not finished, and created very bad jam.

Nowadays driving on the road really needs a lot of patience and mental strength. Cause not only need to stay alert for reckless drivers, and also endure countless of road work on the road.

• Shocked 1

Twincharged
8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

All the JLB working from home, how to check quality?

And after resurfacing, same place will be dug up again within 3 months. And the cycle continues....

3 Months.?Some less than a Week Dig again..😂

• Haha! 1

Yes whole of TPY over Saturday also same thing, resulting in almost the whole TPY getting gridlocked. 

A simple drive from Braddell road entering into TPY, to reach TPY central takes 30-40mins.

• Shocked 1

Balestier area has roadworks on the same section of the road every day! Open up in the day, patch back at night. Rinse and repeat. One section takes 2-3 weeks to do, then they move to another section along the same road. It truly is endless! 

Supersonic

road works is not as bad or as stupid nparks tendering to their grandma's garden in the middle of expressway.

how stupid can sg get ?

↡ Advertisement