East Java Earthquake

Thaiyotakamli

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Dun know got tsunami warning or not

Screenshot said “Tidak berpotensi tsunami” - No tsunami potential

Edited by Flying_genie
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Indonesia Earthquake very common,nothing to worry about...only if Batam have Earthquake..then we need to worry.

Richter 6 le

It is not common enough hor

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Indonesia Earthquake very common,nothing to worry about...only if Batam have Earthquake..then we need to worry.

Normally java earthquake due to active volcano. very rare from seas. 

if sulawesi or maluku due to along tectonic plates like taiwan japan and philippines 

yes batam is relatively safe. Theres huge sumatra island shielding batam and sg hehe

Indonesia earthquakes are common and happen quite frequently.  But did you guys realise the termror we experienced for a short period some years ago suddenly disappeared after appearing for a while? Never did we have to panic until people vacate their offices. Many buildings even started with SOP to check on cracks. 

Can anyone explain this? Quakes were further away, too deep down or the plate they are on are different?

Many aftershocks I think. The NEA app has shown a couple for the past few days.

They seem so ill prepared be it any natural disaster, typhoon and earthquake.

On 4/11/2021 at 12:10 PM, Victor68 said:

Indonesia earthquakes are common and happen quite frequently.  But did you guys realise the termror we experienced for a short period some years ago suddenly disappeared after appearing for a while? Never did we have to panic until people vacate their offices. Many buildings even started with SOP to check on cracks. 

Can anyone explain this? Quakes were further away, too deep down or the plate they are on are different?

Too many underground tunnels now with us reinforcing the earth below that it has become rock solid. No earthquake can shake us now!!!:XD:

• Haha! 1

Luckily all are far away. Understand there will be a big one of 10 nearer us. They are unable to predict when. Most buildings main structures are able to withstand it, just the infrastructure such as piping and installations on the structure can withstand or not. 

I'm quite worried whenever I go to large indonesia cities and stay at the taller hotels.

I'm almost certain if big one hits, everything there will be flattened.