Hissing/static sound when playing from DSP

Biglittlebean

Have just installed a 4-channel active sound system with DSP. Noticed that whenever I play Spotify music via bluetooth connection to the DSP, there is a hissing/static noise in the background, especially when at the points where there's silence or start of the music piece. However, when I plug my phone directly to the head unit, the hissing/static noise disappears. Using Android phone currently, but have the same results when trying out using my wife's iPhone. Have gone back to the audio shop a couple of times and they have adjusted the DSP gains down, but still can hear the hissing/static sound.

They don't seem to be able to resolve the issue so far. One of their staff said that it could be due to the DSP being an entry level one, which I'm not convinced. Does anyone know how to resolve, or any recommendations of an experience ICE workshop that can solve this issue?

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
26 minutes ago, Biglittlebean said:

Have just installed a 4-channel active sound system with DSP. Noticed that whenever I play Spotify music via bluetooth connection to the DSP, there is a hissing/static noise in the background, especially when at the points where there's silence or start of the music piece. However, when I plug my phone directly to the head unit, the hissing/static noise disappears. Using Android phone currently, but have the same results when trying out using my wife's iPhone. Have gone back to the audio shop a couple of times and they have adjusted the DSP gains down, but still can hear the hissing/static sound.

They don't seem to be able to resolve the issue so far. One of their staff said that it could be due to the DSP being an entry level one, which I'm not convinced. Does anyone know how to resolve, or any recommendations of an experience ICE workshop that can solve this issue?

I suspect is the cable grounding issue. You can try and buy smth like this to tackle it.

https://shopee.sg/Mpow-BH392-Ground-Loop-Noise-isolator-1m-3.3ft-3.5mm-Audio-Cable-For-MP3-MP4-Car-Home-Audio-System-Portable-Noise-isolator-i.98700393.6931327912

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Thanks! But the hissing/static sound only came out when connecting my phone through Bluetooth to the DSP. When I connect by plugging my phone into the head unit directly, the hiss/static disappeared. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Biglittlebean said:

Thanks! But the hissing/static sound only came out when connecting my phone through Bluetooth to the DSP. When I connect by plugging my phone into the head unit directly, the hiss/static disappeared. 

I cannot give you my answer to it bro. I am not a pro to this, but that's my guess. The best is still to go to your audio shop and check it out. It also could be a faulty DSP.

1 hour ago, Othello said:

Is your DSP new from audio shop ? 

Or your own ? 

Mine is a new set from an audio shop... A pretty reputable one in fact. 

Internal Moderator
57 minutes ago, Biglittlebean said:

@kobayashiGT yea... Will be going back in th next couple of weeks. Just thinking what to do if they still can't resolve it. 

Change to a more high-end one Mcintosh or Mark Levinson will help you solve the problems. :grin:

Then pass me the spoilt one. I help you figure out. hahaha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Change to a more high-end one Mcintosh or Mark Levinson will help you solve the problems. :grin:

Then pass me the spoilt one. I help you figure out. hahaha.

Hopefully the workshop will have more pride in their work and really resolve the issue. One of the most highly recommended retailers in sgcarmart leh. 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Biglittlebean said:

Hopefully the workshop will have more pride in their work and really resolve the issue. One of the most highly recommended retailers in sgcarmart leh. 

Who ah who ah. :wut:

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Who ah who ah. :wut:

Not nice to mention la... So far they have been quite helpful the last few visits. Probably just need another visit to troubleshoot. 

Neutral Newbie

I having the same issue.

Install New Venom 3.6 DSP and Sony 4Ch amp running 2-way component speaker. Both place side by side under the seat. After installing hissing and static noise can be heard from the right tweeter when applying the brake. After a week to run in the DSP when back to sort out the noise, what they do adjust the gain however it came back again, this time round noise level reduces but still exist. Went back again, they connect the tweeter to DSP instead of amp noise gone...

Now after driving for a distance static noise back again, this time around came from the left tweeter. I was thinking is it the DSP or Amp after the warm-up that could have caused the noise or both place side by side caused signal interference.

Keep going back sianz

Edited by Chess
  • Praise 1

8 hours ago, Chess said:

@Biglittlebean how you sort out the issue alr?

No. Was quite busy and didn't have a chance to go back. Will try to go back this week to see if it can be resolved. If can't, I'll probably go to another ICE shop to seek a second opinion. Saw your earlier post. I pm you