Kicks as L plater!

Axela525

Is this car too big to be a learner car, saw them hit kerb during narrow courses...dunno why they buy this type of car. 

20210904_094149~2.jpg

Edited by Axela525
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

Is this car too big to be a learner car, saw them hit kerb during narrow courses...dunno why they buy this type of car. 

20210904_094149~2.jpg

Kicks is big? 🤯

I only disagree to use hatchback car to learn driving. Parking will be easier for them. If next time they drive a sedan, they might have issues in parking.

But then nowadays SUV are everywhere.

• Praise 7

12 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

20210904_094149~2.jpg

My first licence is m113 :grin:

• Haha! 7

yah, kicks (crossover) leh, not xtrail (SUV)... where got big? but i think that crossovers might not be easy for learners, as the bonnet is higher, so the driver will see less of the road in front, nearer to the vehicle, so maybe that's why tio kerb...

oh, i think kicks has 360 deg camera, so when reversing, it is actually v easy - unless instructor had modded the car to not let driver see...

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Mustank said:

My first licence is m113 :grin:

that was my second. managed to get my class 3 during BMT bloc leave, then about 8-9 mth later got the m113 one, where i topped the platoon - cos got more sense (and a bit more experience) of driving from the class 3...

you remember the instructor's seat when we were learning m113? how the heck it passed TSR huh?

• Haha! 2

Just now, Soya said:

Juz curious, are the pte L-plate instructor cars allowed to be sold 2nd hand later?

got special requirement/treatment one meh? I meant the car... i supposed insurance sure is different bah...

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Axela525 said:

20210904_094149~2.jpg

Now they also use kicks as L plate car? Nowadays so many different types of car model used as L plate. Unlike last time only certain car model used for L plate.

14 minutes ago, Soya said:

Juz curious, are the pte L-plate instructor cars allowed to be sold 2nd hand later?

Should be allowed to sell L plate car as 2nd hand car, but maybe need to remove the brake pedal on the passenger side before selling?

29 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Kicks is big? 🤯

I only disagree to use hatchback car to learn driving. Parking will be easier for them. If next time they drive a sedan, they might have issues in parking.

But then nowadays SUV are everywhere.

As a L plate car, if you compared the Jazz model which is using as L plate with this Kicks, surely Kicks looks bigger and taller lo. Although i dont find Kicks is big la, to me it is like just an oversize hatchback, not consider SUV.

How come if learn using Kicks, next time when drive a sedan would have issues in parking le? Thought if you have got used in driving a bigger car and then go drive a smaller car, it would be much easier?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Kicks E-power has some EV characteristics like one pedal driving. Is this disabled?

In the form of drive modes. "Normal" drive mode will disable the one pedal driving.

"Eco and "S" will be the one pedal drive mode.

2020-Nissan-Kicks-E-Power-Singapore-CarB

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/2020-nissan-kicks-e-power-review-ass-kicks-er/3/

There are three driving modes: Eco, S, and normal. Normal lets you drive normally, using the brakes and gas like any other car, but Eco and S use the EV-style one-pedal way, with heavier regenerative braking so you only pop a foot on the brake pedal when actually stopped.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

As a L plate car, if you compared the Jazz model which is using as L plate with this Kicks, surely Kicks looks bigger and taller lo. Although i dont find Kicks is big la, to me it is like just an oversize hatchback, not consider SUV.

How come if learn using Kicks, next time when drive a sedan would have issues in parking le? Thought if you have got used in driving a bigger car and then go drive a smaller car, it would be much easier?

The principal is the same regardless of car size.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Car sales folks will say it's a must buy safest car in the market...cums with 2 brake pedals😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3