Would you buy a new or used car for your next car?

On 10/1/2023 at 1:02 AM, Weenemone said:

Unless the government amends the policy of allowing PHV companies to participate in COE bidding with the public, I highly doubt the price will drop much.

The demand still outweighs the supply heavily. There is a lot of pent up demand from buyers who are currently priced out at the current price rate so highly unlikely that prices will fall too much.

Small sample size but many people I know are waiting for the quota increase in 25/26 to buy and are using car sharing/PHV to tide by. If every man on the street is thinking the same,  it's bound to be a bloodbath then as well.

I doubt the quota would increase...remember the gov's "vision" to be a car-lite country?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 10/1/2023 at 1:25 PM, Davidklt said:

I doubt the quota would increase...remember the gov's "vision" to be a car-lite country?

With the coe  quota of 600k car population of all types to be circulating year on year will be a  good constant revenue stream, no need further  car lite

Many of us are buying good used car instead go new, and we are doing our duty not to bid ... needless to say who was behind the increase ? Sillyporeans need not be KiaSi & KiaSu

Hi all, speaking of buying used cars, has anyone bought cars from MBT Auto located at Turf Club before? Are they honest 2nd hand car dealers? Input appreciated - thanks. 

On 4/13/2023 at 5:31 AM, solomidboy said:

Anyway i Received an email from someone on this platform claiming to be a news reporter from TODAYonline wana interview me regarding my purchase of a car, legit anot ah anyone knows? Sound abit suspicious hence i never reply to her lol

Do they need more people to interview? I just got a new one, heart still in pain. Like you said 23 hours in carpark a day…

• Haha! 4

On 10/12/2023 at 1:55 PM, Showster said:

Do they need more people to interview? I just got a new one, heart still in pain. Like you said 23 hours in carpark a day…

heart pain see the car at the car park for 23 hrs.....normally buy new car...heart feel very song ba...

i will definitely extend my ride when the time comes, hence gonna invest a bit and maintain it...:grin:

• Praise 1

On 10/12/2023 at 4:48 PM, Spidey10 said:

heart pain see the car at the car park for 23 hrs.....normally buy new car...heart feel very song ba...

i will definitely extend my ride when the time comes, hence gonna invest a bit and maintain it...:grin:

One consideration is FC of the existing ride even though everything is working well. Savings in petrol each month will be upwards of $200…

On 10/12/2023 at 4:56 PM, Showster said:

One consideration is FC of the existing ride even though everything is working well. Savings in petrol each month will be upwards of $200…

Is ok, my car extinct already...diesel! hahahhaha...drive until really cannot drive!!!

• Praise 1

On 10/12/2023 at 4:56 PM, Showster said:

After spending so much on a car why bother about the $200  more per month of petrol ? Might as well just drive and enjoy it . 

• Praise 3

On 10/12/2023 at 7:18 PM, Ct3833 said:

After spending so much on a car why bother about the $200  more per month of petrol ? Might as well just drive and enjoy it . 

Actually one consideration is to spend less on petrol going forward with hybrid tech and pressure on oil prices. Kind of like a self justification or consolation. Existing ride is still in tip top condition but traded to balance out the depreciation. Can only look forward…

• Haha! 1

Why we go for the Petrol or Diesel Version - We need to go for EV Cars, In starting the buying cost of an EV Car is higher if we compare it to a Petrol and Diesel car but understand that in the long run, With a one-time investment, you can save yourselves from petrol or diesel prices. Right now there are various EV charging station that are also open so, No need to worry we can go for miles without any worry as we have EV station that provides charging facilities as well as battery swapping facilities.

Buying a used car is not a good option if one sells their car after using 6 to 8 years. As we know there are various scrap policies of the government, So hardly we can use those cars for 2 to 3 years only, which finally go to waste. To protect our environment we need to follow the scrap policy also. EV Car is my top priority if i am planning to buy.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:01 PM, taracarroll said:

Why we go for the Petrol or Diesel Version - We need to go for EV Cars, In starting the buying cost of an EV Car is higher if we compare it to a Petrol and Diesel car but understand that in the long run, With a one-time investment, you can save yourselves from petrol or diesel prices. Right now there are various EV charging station that are also open so, No need to worry we can go for miles without any worry as we have EV station that provides charging facilities as well as battery swapping facilities.

Buying a used car is not a good option if one sells their car after using 6 to 8 years. As we know there are various scrap policies of the government, So hardly we can use those cars for 2 to 3 years only, which finally go to waste. To protect our environment we need to follow the scrap policy also. EV Car is my top priority if i am planning to buy.

They are gonna reduce EV subsidy by $5k come 2024. GST also increase. Should secure your EV purchase soon 

On 12/2/2023 at 6:48 PM, Battledome64 said:

They are gonna reduce EV subsidy by $5k come 2024. GST also increase. Should secure your EV purchase soon 

Don’t buy

don’t buy

Wait it will catch fire

• Haha! 1

On 12/2/2023 at 7:26 PM, RadX said:

Ya dun buy … no need for me to compete w charging stations😂😂

Random question, what is the ease of finding charging stations driving EV to Malaysia? Let's say for you as EV owner. I assume distance to KL needs 1 complete charge 1 way right?

↡ Advertisement