Car repair and maintenance

oppyouknowme

every time car cannot start i towed and got charged for servicing starter. recently every half year cannot start. tow to a different shop this time and the shop owner told me actualy its the cable loose. just push it in and it start. asked if he can gert the cable connector new one for me he said cant be bought

previously kenna cheated by the other workshop . beware of this freesion workshop at synergy kaki bukit. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

change 500 for 2 driveshaft cv joints, 300 for 2 lower arm bushing , 800 for 4  shock absorbers, 1k new steering pump and 1 battery changed my 2996 with 7 % percent GST. is it expensive???? 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Dun kill me. 

Ride is smoother and better after the repairs? 

If yes, its well spent and worth it. 

Rule of thumb, spent liao, dun think too much about it. 

🙏😂😂

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 5

need to top up 1/2 litre every 3000km. is it normal??? check dipstick after 3000km went down to middle of the Full  and Add dipstick. so top up to FUll is 1/2 litre. i have to at least top up 2 to 3 times till the next service. anyone has this issue?? 

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Dun kill me. 

Ride is smoother and better after the repairs? 

If yes, its well spent and worth it. 

Rule of thumb, spent liao, dun think too much about it. 

🙏😂😂

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Its the same for other stuff.
Are we going to eat 1 plate of chicken rice at 5 buks, and then keep thinking i could have same plate of chicken rice at 3 buks at another location??
No right, as long as the chicken rice taste ok and serve it purpose.

So why we so a--l about car stuff 😅

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, oppyouknowme said:

change 500 for 2 driveshaft cv joints, 300 for 2 lower arm bushing , 800 for 4  shock absorbers, 1k new steering pump and 1 battery changed my 2996 with 7 % percent GST. is it expensive???? 

Depends on what car.

@oppyouknowme Please stop spamming the forum with new thread for every single question about car repair and maintenance. What's next, 1 thread for headlight, 1 for wiper, 1 for tyre? 

I have merged all your thread into 1.

93f91a72f080c810c37b051168a6c1928f175762

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 11

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Its the same for other stuff.
Are we going to eat 1 plate of chicken rice at 5 buks, and then keep thinking i could have same plate of chicken rice at 3 buks at another location??
No right, as long as the chicken rice taste ok and serve it purpose.

So why we so a--l about car stuff 😅

Cause in some cases you add a couple more zeros behind the plate of chicken rice for car repairs. 😅

just looks most people don’t give a hoot about buying from daiso to try. If at 2k or 5k you also don’t give a hoot. Then the unscrupulous workshops would have a field day milking you dry. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, oppyouknowme said:

The steering pump seems slightly higher but i dont know what car is yours, unable to comment. overall  i would think it is not excessive. You may be able to find a cheaper workshop but service quality is more important. If the guy can do a good job and is trustworthy, then just use him.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, oppyouknowme said:

@Ct3833 toyota camry 2.4 2006 MODEL BRO. 

16 YO car, bound to have lots of wear and tear issues, replacements and lack of parts. People I know that maintain/drives/owns old cars have their regular workshops whom they trust. 

• Praise 4

11 hours ago, oppyouknowme said:

every time car cannot start i towed and got charged for servicing starter. recently every half year cannot start. tow to a different shop this time and the shop owner told me actualy its the cable loose. just push it in and it start. asked if he can gert the cable connector new one for me he said cant be bought

previously kenna cheated by the other workshop . beware of this freesion workshop at synergy kaki bukit. 

Is it a worn battery terminal connector issue? Can you wiggle the connectors to see whether they are lose? No video/picture for us to see, words only dont give the bigger picture. If it is lose the alternator wont be able to charge the battery when the engine is running. That could be why every 6months the battery becomes too weak to crank.

11 hours ago, oppyouknowme said:

If these parts are from its original factory and havent been change. Should be replaced, your car isnt relatively new. You have to show ppl what battery before saying expensive.

How to drive a car with so many suspension issue? Not kaw way meh?

Edited by Watwheels

10 hours ago, oppyouknowme said:

need to top up 1/2 litre every 3000km. is it normal??? check dipstick after 3000km went down to middle of the Full  and Add dipstick. so top up to FUll is 1/2 litre. i have to at least top up 2 to 3 times till the next service. anyone has this issue?? 

Oil leaking somewhere lo. For me I cannot tahan the car with so many issues. I get it fix asap before it becomes a bigger problem. Not procrastinate and wait for all the issues to come together. Of course expensive to fix lah. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Oil leaking somewhere lo. For me I cannot tahan the car with so many issues. I get it fix asap before it becomes a bigger problem. Not procrastinate and wait for all the issues to come together. Of course expensive to fix lah. 

if oil missing cos leaking , its a good sign, because if it leak, it still can be patch.
If oil is not leaking , but keep missing. then its really gd luk😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2