Vehicles Cutting Queue At Tuas Checkpoint Will Be Sent Back To S’pore: Johor Chief Minister

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
On 6/5/2023 at 10:58 AM, Jman888 said:

Starex got take Tuas check point? i see mostly at woodlands and i use their services quite often last time [laugh]

Last sat morning after tuas ,  there were 2 long rows of cars Q  up to iskandar checkpoint.  As usual a starex came along and tried to make its own new queue line. The security fellas in green actually jump in front of it, put cone and scolded him, made gestures etc. Starex then had to filter in but of course no one gave way. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Why the grumbling - this measure will only bring benefits to all, unless you are a queue cutter. 😅

And it is pretty obvious - if one sees yourself passing so many cars all kuai kuai gueuing - that one is not in the right lane. 

Even if one has to "innocently" cut queue, do it early and someone will surely let you in soon enough, just like what happened so often on SG roads.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Went in thru Tuas Fri morning. Part of departure side was opened for traffic coming in fr Singapore 👍

Supercharged
On 6/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, Falc said:

Why the grumbling - this measure will only bring benefits to all, unless you are a queue cutter. 😅

And it is pretty obvious - if one sees yourself passing so many cars all kuai kuai gueuing - that one is not in the right lane. 

Even if one has to "innocently" cut queue, do it early and someone will surely let you in soon enough, just like what happened so often on SG roads.

Although I seldom need to face queue because I can go to JB at any hour  I want,  I will usually just take the first queue (usually also the longest)  I see.  Sure safe and will not end up in a situation that needs to cut queue.

On 6/11/2023 at 11:41 AM, Starry said:

Although I seldom need to face queue because I can go to JB at any hour  I want,  I will usually just take the first queue (usually also the longest)  I see.  Sure safe and will not end up in a situation that needs to cut queue.

I just go in early early... avoid the jam...

Supercharged
(edited)

Went in thru Tuas last Friday. Everyone kwai-kwai queue up. Half of the departure lanes were opened up for traffic entering Malaysia like the Johor Mentri Besar suggested. Immigration officer told us the slowness is from the super-slow network but that comes under federal.

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
On 6/14/2023 at 2:09 PM, Blueray said:

Malaysian banned from entering Singapore after cutting queue and driving ‘dangerously’ on Causeway

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/malaysian-banned-from-entering-singapore-after-cutting-queue-and-driving-dangerously-on-causeway

how about those with outstanding fines ?

Good. Now he can just cut queues inside Malaysia.

• Praise 1

On 6/22/2023 at 7:30 AM, Kb27 said:

Good. Now he can just cut queues inside Malaysia.

effing deserved it

the reason why we kept seeing (most of the time) those Malaysia Starex or Alphard cutting queues are because they earn by trip. If they guai guai queue up, i think 1 day earn 1 trip nia.. its their job, sad to say.. we can say 'then don't provide such service lah' etc etc.. but thinking further, they are actually helping some of our elderly folks or folks with disabilities to travel to nearby country for relaxation or some family time together. Without these drivers providing such service, we are also depriving these folks-in-need a chance to travel.. i guess to solve the issue, perhaps the Malaysia authorities can open a priority separate lane for these 'taxis' to enter but pay additional toll/admin charges according to head count in the vehicle.. etc etc.

Just a thought.. 

On 6/22/2023 at 12:20 PM, Edwardtkh said:

the reason why we kept seeing (most of the time) those Malaysia Starex or Alphard cutting queues are because they earn by trip. If they guai guai queue up, i think 1 day earn 1 trip nia.. its their job, sad to say.. we can say 'then don't provide such service lah' etc etc.. but thinking further, they are actually helping some of our elderly folks or folks with disabilities to travel to nearby country for relaxation or some family time together. Without these drivers providing such service, we are also depriving these folks-in-need a chance to travel.. i guess to solve the issue, perhaps the Malaysia authorities can open a priority separate lane for these 'taxis' to enter but pay additional toll/admin charges according to head count in the vehicle.. etc etc.

Just a thought.. 

You really believe old folks who cannot walk are inside them?

• Haha! 1

On 6/22/2023 at 12:20 PM, Edwardtkh said:

Just a thought.. 

My BIL, very elderly at 45, uses the priority service regularly to chiong Genting cause his gambling time is more precious than those who queue up to visit family, shop/ eat in JB, etc. 

↡ Advertisement