Mileage Tampering

Foresterho

Hi All, is there anyway to check for Mileage Tampering? Bringing to a workshop and plugging in to check work? 

As I had been looking around for a used vehicle and seems like all Singaporeans don't really drive. Alot or most of the postings drives are about 10k lesser per year.

Not sure how true it is 

↡ Advertisement

On 11/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, Foresterho said:

Hi All, is there anyway to check for Mileage Tampering? Bringing to a workshop and plugging in to check work? 

As I had been looking around for a used vehicle and seems like all Singaporeans don't really drive. Alot or most of the postings drives are about 10k lesser per year.

Not sure how true it is 

Got alot of discussion on this already. 

I think for most car u plug in and check also cannot work.

Best way is u know where the car is service at previously.  If at AD then best. Call it to check the previous servicing mileage. 

• Praise 2

On 11/15/2023 at 12:16 PM, Arogab said:

Waha, you know. My car is 6.5 yo and is still at 34k mileage. No temper hor

When you want to sell, I will be the first one at your doorstep!

:D

• Haha! 1

On 11/15/2023 at 11:24 AM, Jamesc said:

When you want to sell, I will be the first one at your doorstep!

:D

I intent to send to Thailand and sell to my company :XD:

• Haha! 3

I just saw my old car (less than 15k on the odo , first owner brand new car) being rounded down by 500kms in the ad posted by the dealer.

Not sure if it's a typo, but I highly suspect otherwise

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Not sure how true it is 

95% tampered. Just accept this and don’t think so much. 
but I need to haolian and say that all my used cars none were tampered. 😂

High mileage car may be better condition than low mileage.

If owner got take care

And the miles are easy cruising on expressway

Don't just look at odo, also inspect the car thoroughly.

• Praise 7

On 11/15/2023 at 4:05 PM, t0y0ta said:

High mileage car may be better condition than low mileage.

If owner got take care

And the miles are easy cruising on expressway

Don't just look at odo, also inspect the car thoroughly.

There is another myth.

A 1 owner car is better then a multi owner car

Ask yourself if u are a new used  car owner.  Or u just brought a used car. What do u do. 

Most driver would spend 1-2 k or even more to touch up the used car they brought. 

So a multi owner car. Every time that car change hand. The new owner spend money touch up / repair

Compare to a 1 owner car. Drive the car say 7 years. Know exactly all the damages. Keep dragging and dragging . Then sell that car. 

U buy it,  u are the 2nd owner only. But all the haven't repair damages pass to u straight away.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 6

Not sure how true it is 

95% tampered. Just accept this and don’t think so much. 
but I need to haolian and say that all my used cars none were tampered. 😂

• Haha! 1

The new owner of my previous car returned to my regular workshop. The technician told me the mileage received a generous 50% discount. So that's probably a good guidance on how much is the discounted vs actual mileage for used cars in general.

In short, set the right expectation when you buy a 2nd hand car and move on. Else go for AD-certified used cars with documented service records but cost slightly more. 

Cheap or good. You can only choose one.

• Haha! 2

Not sure how true it is 

if still being serviced by AD then tampering less likely. also request for car inspection by AA for overall condition. 

↡ Advertisement