2024 Renault 5 E Tech

Carbon82

People as old as me would have remember the iconic Renault 5 in the 70s to mid 90s. I am not going to comment on its reliability not performance, since I have no chance to be in one, but good news for the fans of 5. Thus cutie beast is making a come back, abeit as an EV. 

2024-renault-5-e-tech-production-version

Patent images published by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) show the subcompact model in its full retro-modern glory, which stays true to the concept car unveiled in January 2021. 

Compared to the concept, the production-intent revival of the R5 has lost the rear light bar on the tailgate to make way for a black trim piece. It has bigger side mirrors and traditional handles for the front doors instead of the sleeker ones on the concept that remained flush with the door panel. Mounted on the C-pillar, the handle for the rear doors is bigger now. The black roof and red accents indicate we’re looking at a high-end version of the small EV.

It is worth noting the third-generation Renault 5 will be electric-only but won’t ride on a dedicated EV platform. The new hatch that’ll dust off a legendary moniker last used in 1996 will adapt the underpinnings of the Clio by sourcing as much as 70 percent of the hardware to slash production costs by nearly a third compared to the Zoe. The platform has been dubbed AmpR Small (formerly CMF-B EV). Unusual for a B-segment car, it's going to have a multi-link rear suspension, which should translate into sharper handling. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

How to beat the dolphin if they offer just another 25k EV?

They need to offer a 20k EV

Can never overtake someone if always just following them.

:D

Need to think out of the box

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

On 12/8/2023 at 8:48 PM, Carbon82 said:

People as old as me would have remember the iconic Renault 5 in the 70s to mid 90s. I am not going to comment on its reliability not performance, since I have no chance to be in one, but good news for the fans of 5. Thus cutie beast is making a come back, abeit as an EV. 

Patent images published by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) show the subcompact model in its full retro-modern glory, which stays true to the concept car unveiled in January 2021. 

Compared to the concept, the production-intent revival of the R5 has lost the rear light bar on the tailgate to make way for a black trim piece. It has bigger side mirrors and traditional handles for the front doors instead of the sleeker ones on the concept that remained flush with the door panel. Mounted on the C-pillar, the handle for the rear doors is bigger now. The black roof and red accents indicate we’re looking at a high-end version of the small EV.

It is worth noting the third-generation Renault 5 will be electric-only but won’t ride on a dedicated EV platform. The new hatch that’ll dust off a legendary moniker last used in 1996 will adapt the underpinnings of the Clio by sourcing as much as 70 percent of the hardware to slash production costs by nearly a third compared to the Zoe. The platform has been dubbed AmpR Small (formerly CMF-B EV). Unusual for a B-segment car, it's going to have a multi-link rear suspension, which should translate into sharper handling. 

The Honda E 3 dr also has a similar shape profile to the reincarnation.

No way European, Japanese and even Korean can compete with the Chinese in EV segment in the price aspect, at least in the next 5 - 10 years. 

During my recent trip to Qingdao, the street is full of new EVs (easily 40 to 50% of the new car are EVs) and many of them are unheard of. Yet the built and ride quality are above average B&B model when I rode in a few of these budget EVs. 

The only unknown factor is with its reliability. 

• Praise 8

Citroen Ev is one good example. The internal build is so dated and ... even the Korea Kia EV is way better. Unless Renault can do better, if not the BYD and Korea Ev will beat them flat. 

On 12/11/2023 at 10:28 PM, Carbon82 said:

No way European, Japanese and even Korean can compete with the Chinese in EV segment in the price aspect, at least in the next 5 - 10 years. 

During my recent trip to Qingdao, the street is full of new EVs (easily 40 to 50% of the new car are EVs) and many of them are unheard of. Yet the built and ride quality are above average B&B model when I rode in a few of these budget EVs. 

The only unknown factor is with its reliability. 

And China hold and refined most of the raw materials.

On 12/9/2023 at 8:56 AM, Jamesc said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

image.thumb.png.7d6a4e3e0bde44c446a318014ae38d0c.png

image.png.99896e0ee223113c404b6de7e22c71c5.png

Most cars have identical shape from the past

image.png.546698dfc7a37e630150baea874d46e9.png

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Fiat engineers!

Sharp angular car die die must use round lights!

Curvy car put round lights and angular car put square or better still pop up lights lah!

Then it would be a good looking car and sell MORE!

As a used car salesman I cannot sell ugly cars but good looking car walk off the lot themselves!

And I get a better price.

This Fiat could have been this Mazda if only the Fiat engineers understand aesthetics. 

image.png.d009237383679aa3f48f1d4da2393eb4.png

image.thumb.png.e3f556a7c174ee0ba158bb82b142409d.png 

Hypersonic

This stupid design by Fiat engineers was topped by a more stupid billboard advert by Fiat marketing!

The giant billboard had - Designed by computer, built by robots and

people sprayed - Driven by idiots!

Just like the billboard below someone added - if this car as a lady, she will run you down!

:D

image.png.11e1af58e4e6d51dfbd3274674127b85.png

image.thumb.png.6cdfcf388b9f7b2ec272b3668ec432fd.png

6th Gear
On 12/30/2023 at 7:58 PM, Krieger said:

Citroen Ev is one good example. The internal build is so dated and ... even the Korea Kia EV is way better. Unless Renault can do better, if not the BYD and Korea Ev will beat them flat. 

Is it the Ami?

↡ Advertisement