Jump to content

Red-light camera + speed camera from 1 Apr 2024


Kb27
 Share

Recommended Posts

Supersonic

take note:

 

Red-light cameras to be activated to detect speeding from Apr 1

TP%20Speed%20and%20Red%20Light%20Camera_

SINGAPORE: The speed enforcement function in red-light cameras across Singapore will be "progressively and dynamically" activated from Monday (Apr 1).

Locations that are more accident-prone or violation-prone will be prioritised for the activation.

Red-light cameras, which are deployed at selected road junctions, are used to detect vehicles that commit red-light running offences.

They are prominently painted in orange and white. Warning signs with speed limits are also placed before traffic camera enforcement zones. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/red-light-camera-speed-enforcement-function-activated-apr-1-traffic-police-4231476

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic

Can xpect more "kiss backside" issue at these junction w e speed sensor enabled...

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged

Next time cannot speed up when amber light lo … needs to be ready for cars to jam brake when amber light lo …

  • Praise 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
On 3/31/2024 at 2:18 PM, Hubwee said:

Next time cannot speed up when amber light lo … needs to be ready for cars to jam brake when amber light lo …

Even the car no speed up at amber light, but the car drive at high speed past this camera also can kena.

Good to have such camera lo, many cars nowadays drive at least 80/90km/h along a road with 60km/h speed limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear

IMHO.
Any physical tell tale signs or they look the same ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
On 3/31/2024 at 3:14 PM, 13177 said:

Even the car no speed up at amber light, but the car drive at high speed past this camera also can kena.

Good to have such camera lo, many cars nowadays drive at least 80/90km/h along a road with 60km/h speed limit.

IMHO.
Sometimes people speed because the traffic light change is not optimized. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 3/31/2024 at 3:27 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Any physical tell tale signs or they look the same ? 

Just assume that all red light camera are speed cameras now

  • Praise 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
On 3/31/2024 at 3:40 PM, Benarsenal said:

Just assume that all red light camera are speed cameras now

IMHO.
Coz I recall seeing a pic that they have some form of contraption above the existing.  🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 3/31/2024 at 3:14 PM, 13177 said:

Even the car no speed up at amber light, but the car drive at high speed past this camera also can kena.

Good to have such camera lo, many cars nowadays drive at least 80/90km/h along a road with 60km/h speed limit.

usually if I see red light cam, I'll travel to 60 and below to get ready to stop or cheong through anytime. If within 60 I believe should be safe, if suddenly cheong to 70 I think good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

I did a routine trip from Punggol way to Hougang, towards IMH earlier, easily will have 2 to 3 of such speed camera zones per direction. Easy to catch those hardcore speedsters along the way.

1.png

Untitled2.png

  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twincharged

Time to dump tour dah toh tires for something that provide average stopping distance 

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

I thought they started already, so I've been slowing down for last 1 month. 

 

  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 3/31/2024 at 5:31 PM, Lala81 said:

I thought they started already, so I've been slowing down for last 1 month. 

 

yes, I believe so also, I saw a few flashes along JW st 52 for more than a year already. It happen along roads with those red light cameras, but flash came on when it was green light. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 3/31/2024 at 6:39 PM, Tianmo said:

yes, I believe so also, I saw a few flashes along JW st 52 for more than a year already. It happen along roads with those red light cameras, but flash came on when it was green light. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

There's this not well seen camera along yishun ave 1 just outside the entrance of the carpark to yishun stadium.
It's the modern type of camera. There's no speed warning sign along that road. 

I got caught by this cam 2 times over a space of 4 months maybe 5-6 years back. I thought it was a mobile speed cam the 1st time. Then only kana 2nd time, i realised it was a speed camera. I thought it's a red light camera actually. 

  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
On 3/31/2024 at 6:51 PM, Lala81 said:

There's this not well seen camera along yishun ave 1 just outside the entrance of the carpark to yishun stadium.
It's the modern type of camera. There's no speed warning sign along that road. 

I got caught by this cam 2 times over a space of 4 months maybe 5-6 years back. I thought it was a mobile speed cam the 1st time. Then only kana 2nd time, i realised it was a speed camera. I thought it's a red light camera actually. 

IMHO.
I think is those mobile speed camera.
I see before got such that were conveniently put behind some obstacles so that they were not so obvious. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic
On 3/31/2024 at 6:59 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
I think is those mobile speed camera.
I see before got such that were conveniently put behind some obstacles so that they were not so obvious. 🤣

Both time they list the position. So I finally found it the 2nd time cos I thought I got caught in the opposite direction the 1st time. 

Its not those box type appearance. It also doesn't look like the the typical speed cam look. It's pointed at the junction so I just thought it's a red light camera. Few hundred dollar lesson. 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear
On 3/31/2024 at 7:06 PM, Lala81 said:

Both time they list the position. So I finally found it the 2nd time cos I thought I got caught in the opposite direction the 1st time. 

Its not those box type appearance. It also doesn't look like the the typical speed cam look. It's pointed at the junction so I just thought it's a red light camera. Few hundred dollar lesson. 

IMHO.

image.png.ec52d13cf9dcf959efd7b334d3bdd0c1.png

Should be this one.
TP some more give you the location.

image.png.64db458da8ec0764772d8654b8d2b6d7.png

image.png.7ec16ec58e7e66b02884fb815641e5d5.png

 

 

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4th Gear

+10km/h can close one eye?

Come on la who drives at 50 anyway

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...