Anyone tried Fuel or Engine Additives?

Viviobluerex

Does additives works on Japanese cars???

Seen those STP fuel injector cleaners, Engine Oil treatment, Fuel system treatment, high octane booster...etc.

Does it really work on Japanese cars??

I am asking becoz I heard these products are only tested on conti-cars...

Anyone got any comments?

↡ Advertisement

injector cleaners will work if the car is pretty old, using lower RON value petrol with a buildup of carbon. yes, u will feel a difference. your alternative is to drive to malacca nonstop, pump in highest available RON, stick to speed limit or higher. this will help to clear clog.

(edited)

Wah! really have to go to that extreme ah??? [jawdrop]

Now I will really have 2nd thoughts about about those additives...

What about mothballs, does it work if I pop some of those in my fuel tank?

Someone did share with me over at delphiforums to use only the white moth balls, any explanations? Sorry ah so inquisitive, I am one curious driver..

Edited by Viviobluerex

nothing extremely really, just tat turtle speed driving n downtown driving, regular stops betw traffic lights r bad for the engine, cause more carbon buildup.

y mothballs?

Neutral Newbie

The STP diesel treatment works miracles on diesel engines!! Milage increase from 600km to to 700km+ on a full tank. So far tested on a Japanese Toyota Hiace and European Opel Combo.

Neutral Newbie

Years back mothball was added to petrol and they really work. If it is so cheap and effective, why then no car manufacturer recommend that you do it? Simple --- there are side effects. Most additives containing petroleum distillate can be very corrosive to your engines.

Neutral Newbie

Talking from experience or speaking with prejudice. Do you think additive for 98 Octane is always more expensive than 95?

You can buy and use them but you will be disappointed to find that they are not useful.

Seems like you are the type who:

Cannot argue facts, argue law.

Dunno law, argue facts.

Cannot argue on based on the above, shout.

Additives in RON98 fuel is already in the formulation and not OTC additives as the original poster is asking about. Read first. Getting out of point puts you in a bad light.

Neutral Newbie

Hay dun get personal before reading ...

"Seen those STP fuel injector cleaners, Engine Oil treatment, Fuel system treatment, high octane booster...etc.

Does it really work on Japanese cars?? "

Certainly, many of us here do find some of those STP treatments useful even you might try to sweep them with your bamboo stick.

I use the STP diesel treatment (blue bottle) on my Kangoo and it does work by increasing mileage slightly (avg 30km more). However, my main use of it is to help burn off excess carbon by redlining the engine with the treatment during the period it is in the fuel tank once a month.

There is also the OWS diesel treatment that is 2.5x the price of the STP but I use it to really clean up the exhaust before going for inspection. Works fine so far!

The STP diesel treatment works miracles on diesel engines!! Milage increase from 600km to to 700km+ on a full tank. So far tested on a Japanese Toyota Hiace and European Opel Combo.

Wah U use diesel treatment once a month???

I only use petrol treatment once a year or so. That also just in case there is water in tank or to clear fuel lines, clogged jets & carbon in engine.

Like that the cost of the treatment is more ex than the $$$ u save with increased milage. Diesel summore.

If ur diesel engine gets clogged so fast, I think something is wrong with it.

Using the STP Engine Oil Treatment now after my 1000km svs.

Can feel engine smoother but then it could be the engine running-in.

I have very good experience with LubeX (original one, don't know about the new one yet) previously, got better mileage & smoother engine.

Used years ago some additive that increase compression for old engine but cannot remember the brand. Works really well [thumbsup] . Can really feel power lost when not using.

Hope it helps.

↡ Advertisement