Jump to content

Honda Airwave


Tploh
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

 

Personally, just felt that there are always pros and cons when it comes to dealing with PIs.

 

Warranty and spare parts issues have always been one of the major concerns when one is buying a car from PI. I believe if you decided to buy a car from PI, these concerns will be secondary and one will most likely be prepared to take a risk on availability of spare parts since most of the PIs sub-contract out to various workshops for servicing and warranty repairs. [rifle]

 

Cheers! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, BHP is at AML 4th level(dunno which unit. But one thing, PI may give many empty promises before closing orders. So you must really go down to their stock house to check. Anyway, I believe that if there are more airwave in s'pore road, just like toyota wish now, I believe it will not be difficult to get spare part. My 2 cents only. Happy sourcing and good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove i-DSI honda city 1.5l Manual similar engine on the airwave.

This engine has a very good low end torque and peaked ar 2500RPM, I think it will suffice for airwave thus giving good FC. On the other hand high end power is quite poor, I did few mod like de-cat, changing to 4-2-1 (original 4-1), open pod filter, it iproves the high end but the low end suferring until I put OBIT piggy back ECU and tune the AFR and timing the car response better with all the mods above.

FC still about 12-13 kml after modding. The car is history now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi Knighthunter

I think PI only bring in SOHC VTEC 1.5L Airwave. So cannot compare with your iDSL engine.

VTEC more power. Have yet to see any unit with an iDSL engine.

 

Cheers.

 

Ban

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

hi airwave05

 

Mind letting us know which PI brings in airwave with iDSI engine?

 

Got power? Any comments comparing with VTEC engine?

 

Thanks

 

Ban

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Aiyo! Airwave does not come with the i-DSI engine lah. It only comes with the VTEC engine. i-Dsi engine more torquey in lower range but runs out of puff at high revs. VTEC lacks torque at low rev range but power comes in strong after 3500rpm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I just sent my Airwave to ADSM for knock-out of the bottom right of the car. Beautiful job!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

[furious] Hi there! Need your advice urgently! Juz book an airwave at Chuan AML recently. Tell me all kinds of beautiful stories and I'm getting at good offer at $67,800. Tell me that nett off rebate in fact only cost me $$62K. After signing, went back check then realised like I had been fooled!!

 

Went back to tell sales guy V to cancel but told me cannot cancel and need to forfeit my 3K. In fact, din even book any car for me as he told me need my loan to approve then he will bid COE and get the car from warehouse. Today then tell me my loan approve when I msg him whereas I check with GE that they had approve 3 days ago.

 

Any advice to get my 3K back? Shall I complain to CASE or go to lawyer instead? It's not really about the money as can earn back. But I think he take advantage of me as I told him 1st time buyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Maybe can go see his manager, and bang table hard enough that he take notice, sometimes is see who fiercer. good if can bring along a friend(s), coz if he and his manager gang up on u then u will be outnumbered. dun think CASE would be much help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought there is this law that you can decide not to buy a product within 1 week after you sign the contract. you can check with CASE. I think you can try to fright for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

You can try to go to CASE and complain but I think its best you go down and talk to whoever is in charge and settle it cos if your loan already approved, its a bit difficult to get back your deposit. [smallcry]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi Shirui

 

CASE will try their best to make sure the deal & agreement falls through base on the contract signed.

 

You can give them a try and see what remedy they can offer.

 

Good Luck.

 

Ban

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

ya shirhui, in what sense are u fooled. is it he quoted u the wrong price? or the spec is not what he promised.

 

well, if its the above, then the best place to go is case. but for me, i try the police 1st, see whats their advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Guys, what's the typre pressure for your wheels? Mine is 14", the recommended pressure is 220. If i increase to 230 or even 240, is there any danger? Will the fuel economy improve?

 

What is the L on the gearbox? I realise the gear ratios become tighter, even tighter than the 1st gear in D mode. Correct me if i am using the wrong words.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Yo Bro,

 

My front is pump to 250 and rear at 240 nut mine is not the stock tires. Reccomended I think is 220 for all with our stock tires Aspec db indicated on the sticker beside the front door of driver side. If you pump more then the reccomended by 10 to 30 units I think should not be a problem but you may inccur uneven wear to the tire.

On the transmission, D is normal drive mode (economy or smooth mode to some. Applies to highway and city driving). S is sports mode (more power for acceleration and a sportier drive. Mountain driving for eg.). L mode is low gear mode. I think it utilise only the lowest 2 gears. L normally when you need to climb or decend real steep slopes or when you go thru non tar roads which needs more power then speed.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...