Timer for Storage water heater ??

Bluemice

I still don't quite get it .....the timer is set to on at specific time of the day...said 7pm and by 7.20pm...the timer will shut off the heater,.....this will make your life much easier....and there are timer that have that function.........or is it you have to turn the timer on each time you want to shower? ...so the timer will count down for 20 min and shut off the heater... is it the set up you using? ....but if you want to shower immediately....you have to wait for sometime for the heater to heat up the water inside...so what is the point? ...the purpose is just to avoid that you did not off the heater after shower?...just use those that can on at a specific time...so you just i walk into shower and water is heated up..

hi,

here :

a 20min off timer. which allows you to ON your storage heater for 20min, and cuts OFF at the end, this solves the prob. of forgetting to off a storage heater.

↡ Advertisement

here it goes ... the one in the middle

This one replaces the entire switch? Do they have something like a power adapter where u can plug ur own device?

I'm thinking of using for my iron if u know what I mean.

This one replaces the entire switch? Do they have something like a power adapter where u can plug ur own device?

I'm thinking of using for my iron if u know what I mean.

adaptor images

Turbocharged

Very diff to understand TS requirement meh?

He's not worried abt water warm or not. He just wants it off once the water hits the preset temp. Otherwise, when he forgets to switch it off, it will probably be tmr that he remembers.

If you forget to off your storage heater, it will heat up the water in storage every time the temp falls below the preset temp.

Twincharged

It's the same as using those plug in hot water flask that keep the water at 90 deg all the time. It's really consumes a great deal of power. Those who leave it on 24hours a day are really rich.

This timer is very common. Giant, NTUC, etc also have.

Those with preset timer very common but not those with countdown timer. U know what I mean?

I have looked a few places though not thoroughly.

Hmm nvr thot of using such timer coz never fail to check whether off or not.

ANyway my storage heater so good..I can heat up once in morning b4 go wk. I will still have hot water wen I come back wk at nite.

so u using a storage heater like an instant heater?

only one the heater when u want to use them

We turn it off after our shower/bath.

If I don't turn off, it keeps re-heating when the temp drops below its internal thermostat.

This wastes money.

Below is our style: We come back home, we switch on the storage heater power. We take turns to go shower. After that, the last person switch off the storage heater power. In the next morning, the water is still hot, we go shower again without switching on the heater. The water inside the tank get cooler. Why waste energy to heat up again when there is no people using it during daytime at home. So no need to switch on power in the morning. Effectively, storage heater is turned on once a day.

My previous home: we used instant heater.

So I have experience using both storage and instant heater.

If we adopt my style of storage heater usage above, the utility bill is almost the same. Sometime I would suspect that my storage heater electric bill is lower than that of my instant heater's bill !!

Last time I heard from guru that: it is more economical to use instant heater when the family member is fewer. For large family, better use storage heater. But, above all, still depends on the person usgage: imagine taking a 30 min shower !! This is wasting crude oil !

so u using a storage heater like an instant heater?

only one the heater when u want to use them

yes, i dont ON my storage heater the whole day, only once in the morning with a 30min of heating is sufficient for two person to bath and likewise in the evening. there should be some residual hot water left, but not too concerned with that. Also, the ten min wait for it to warm up is still acceptable.

mice

We turn it off after our shower/bath.

If I don't turn off, it keeps re-heating when the temp drops below its internal thermostat.

This wastes money.

Below is our style: We come back home, we switch on the storage heater power. We take turns to go shower. After that, the last person switch off the storage heater power. In the next morning, the water is still hot, we go shower again without switching on the heater. The water inside the tank get cooler. Why waste energy to heat up again when there is no people using it during daytime at home. So no need to switch on power in the morning. Effectively, storage heater is turned on once a day.

My previous home: we used instant heater.

So I have experience using both storage and instant heater.

If we adopt my style of storage heater usage above, the utility bill is almost the same. Sometime I would suspect that my storage heater electric bill is lower than that of my instant heater's bill !!

Last time I heard from guru that: it is more economical to use instant heater when the family member is fewer. For large family, better use storage heater. But, above all, still depends on the person usgage: imagine taking a 30 min shower !! This is wasting crude oil !

yeah, have tried both. the savings in the storage heater is that you only need one for 2 or 3 bathrooms, while with instant you need 2 ~ 3. in my prev place, which is using instant, i have a white elephant heater for ten years, using less than 10 times.

also the storage water heater have lesser / lower temperature fluctuations than the instant.

mice

Btw hows the water pressure on the storage heater?

I find instant heater water pressure better.

I felt that storage heater has a higher pressure.

[cool]

Btw hows the water pressure on the storage heater?

I find instant heater water pressure better.

so far, my storage heater has a higher pressure, thus to be able to drive the "rain shower" with enuf pressure and also less temperature fluctuations, during the start stop of the flow. IMO water is much hotter too.

mice

↡ Advertisement