Jump to content

Looking for storage space ...


Bluemice
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am currently looking for storage space for about 7~8 carton boxes, keeping household items for about 4~6 mths.

I have contacted several commercial storage space providers. And is looking around.

 

Anyone with spare space ? or has gd experiences to share ?

 

thanks

 

mice

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is with Big Orange. Not the cheapest around but I chose them because it is near my work place and therefore convenient for me to go down anytime if I needed to pick up or put some items there. I am keeping some household items, files and documents and some other miscellaneous like tables and chairs. No contract and I can discontinue whenever I want. Payment is on monthly basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Extra Space... I stored my stuff in a 110 SF space for about $400 a month... Accessible at all times so you don't have to wait till the next day to take something out from your boxes...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is with Big Orange. Not the cheapest around but I chose them because it is near my work place and therefore convenient for me to go down anytime if I needed to pick up or put some items there. I am keeping some household items, files and documents and some other miscellaneous like tables and chairs. No contract and I can discontinue whenever I want. Payment is on monthly basis.

Wow, this post was long time ago. Anyway no more big orange Liao, bought over by storhub.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any recommendations for storage space for household items for about 6-8 months? There are many different storage companies like extra space and storhub etc, don't know which one is good. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2023 at 10:43 PM, 13177 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for storage space for household items for about 6-8 months? There are many different storage companies like extra space and storhub etc, don't know which one is good. 😂

Renovation? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2023 at 10:43 PM, 13177 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for storage space for household items for about 6-8 months? There are many different storage companies like extra space and storhub etc, don't know which one is good. 😂

It depends on the space you need Lor.

Just compare the price.

Take the cheapest 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2023 at 10:43 PM, 13177 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for storage space for household items for about 6-8 months? There are many different storage companies like extra space and storhub etc, don't know which one is good. 😂

Choose one close to you if need to access the items in storage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 11/8/2023 at 10:43 PM, 13177 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for storage space for household items for about 6-8 months? There are many different storage companies like extra space and storhub etc, don't know which one is good. 😂

Bro I have use these storage companies for more than 10 years.   I have used quite a few of them before. They offer more or less the same stuff like 24/7 accessibility, good security, etc.....but the differences are in the details. Prices often depends on how big the storage is and the location.  You need to consider this :

- Do you need to access your storage often? if need, get the closest one to your house. If no need, then ulu a bit is good since cheaper.

- Many of them is in JTC buildings and industrial parks.  I say avoid them because trying to use the loading bay is hard during office hours. Infact finding parking is already an issue during office hours.

- Assuming you are not renting air-con ones, then those storage with mechanical vents on top of the ceiling are important. The mechanical vents keep clean air flowing around the storages and hence prevent mold build-up in your items. This is such an important feature for non-aircon units that many customers do not realize and probably never asked until their stuff turns moldy due to still air and humidity.

- Payment scheme. Can they allow monthly payment?. I tend to avoid those that asked for advance payment unless no choice cos I like their premises.

- Do not be entice by all the one month free or whatever.  Anybody with a sane mind will know that they already priced the "free" into the balance monthly rental.

Considering my points above, you should narrow down to a few suitable ones for you and go down to look at what is available.  Just telling you how big their available unit is in sqm is not good enough. Some units are weird in shape, and some even have a pillar next to it making it hard to place items. Then avoid units that are next to the exterior wall because if the exterior wall leaks during rain, the water may find its way to your item.

Good luck!

  • Praise 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2023 at 10:43 PM, 13177 said:

Anyone have any recommendations for storage space for household items for about 6-8 months? There are many different storage companies like extra space and storhub etc, don't know which one is good. 😂

Just put outside the corridor can Liao mah

  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, Mustank said:

Just put outside the corridor can Liao mah

Maybe his house got no corridor  type? 😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...