Marine Cove (@East Coast Park) reopens In July 2016!

Vratenza

Park at Fort Road big carpark, the one with Toilet and ice cream uncle bike. Then roller blade or cycle to the new Mac - hahahahaha

I used to do that... I think that big car park is still free.

Dream on......

The 7X blocks the carpark situation also not that great, especially on weekends when the marketing and worshippers congregate in the vincinity.

Heng I usually walk/run there [:p]

I used to run to ECP on weekend morning and end my run at Mac for coffee.  After that, take bus home.  No worry about parking.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Will be noisy with lots and lots of kids...... :a-m1524:

I can imagine that the carpark will be MPVs galore!

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

The not-too-long-ago opened parkland green along ECP is pretty quiet. Now this newly opened marine cove gonna put a nail into the coffin.

Yeah, weekend best to complete your run before 8am.... or else it gets real crowded with all the strollers (human-kind), strollers (push-kind), dog walkers, kids on kick scooters....

Dream on......

I used to run to ECP on weekend morning and end my run at Mac for coffee.  After that, take bus home.  No worry about parking.

yeah parkland green F&B kind of sterile and I don't understand why they left a big patch of grassland in front for what purpose...should have conceptualize it better

The not-too-long-ago opened parkland green along ECP is pretty quiet. Now this newly opened marine cove gonna put a nail into the coffin.

Update for you guys. Went down yesterday night after work for late dinner (9+pm), brought my son.

Thought I can avoid the weekend crowd and the hot burning weather these couple of days......How wrong I was on the crowd portion.

The carpark (C2) is indeed much larger than last time, and surprisingly the lots are wider too. The only gripe I have about the carpark design is that there should have a pedestrian walkway along the side of the carpark so those leaving or making their way towards their parked cars are safer. Currently the pedestrians are forced to walk along the carpark access roads which makes it dangerous especially for kids. Seen a few vios/lancer fully loaded with teenagers zooming quite fast around the carpark as they tried to find parking lots or leaving the place. It was about half full around the time I arrive and left.

Interesting selection of F&B:

MacDonalds

Coffee Bean

Babalicous

My Briyani House

Hillstreet Coffee Shop

Maybe it was late, so Coffee Bean was partially full while the larger-now MacDonalds is full packed with people waiting for seats. The new system of ordering and collection, can also do self ordering. Salad bar and McCafe. Overall a bright and airy design.

The rest of the F&B restaurants are minimally filled, maybe they are new or less well-known, or maybe the late timing. But I will definitely return to try some of the these restaurants another time.

The main draw should be the kid's playground. Lots of innovative seldom seen playground equipment. Can keep the kids entertained for quite a while. Well lit during the night. Lots of seating space for tired old parents' feet as well. [laugh]  Only thing on the wish list is a large tentage like canopy to cut down on the elements, currently I cannot imagine going there during the daytime.

• Praise 1

Update for you guys. Went down yesterday night after work for late dinner (9+pm), brought my son.

Thought I can avoid the weekend crowd and the hot burning weather these couple of days......How wrong I was on the crowd portion.

The carpark (C2) is indeed much larger than last time, and surprisingly the lots are wider too. The only gripe I have about the carpark design is that there should have a pedestrian walkway along the side of the carpark so those leaving or making their way towards their parked cars are safer. Currently the pedestrians are forced to walk along the carpark access roads which makes it dangerous especially for kids. Seen a few vios/lancer fully loaded with teenagers zooming quite fast around the carpark as they tried to find parking lots or leaving the place. It was about half full around the time I arrive and left.

MacDonalds

Coffee Bean

Babalicous

My Briyani House

Hillstreet Coffee Shop

Maybe it was late, so Coffee Bean was partially full while the larger-now MacDonalds is full packed with people waiting for seats. The new system of ordering and collection, can also do self ordering. Salad bar and McCafe. Overall a bright and airy design.

The rest of the F&B restaurants are minimally filled, maybe they are new or less well-known, or maybe the late timing. But I will definitely return to try some of the these restaurants another time.

The main draw should be the kid's playground. Lots of innovative seldom seen playground equipment. Can keep the kids entertained for quite a while. Well lit during the night. Lots of seating space for tired old parents' feet as well. [laugh]  Only thing on the wish list is a large tentage like canopy to cut down on the elements, currently I cannot imagine going there during the daytime.

thanks bro!  PErhaps good place to meetup.

Parking how?

Yesterday is skool holiday. So, expect more crowd lah.

MacDonalds

Coffee Bean

Babalicous

My Briyani House

Hillstreet Coffee Shop

Yeah, a good choice for meetup cos ample parking and parking just next to the F&B and hangout areas.

thanks bro!  PErhaps good place to meetup.

Parking how?

Yeah, a good choice for meetup cos ample parking and parking just next to the F&B and hangout areas.

great!  Lookout for the meetup

@picnic06-biante15 will arrange...hahah he is the meetup ic

Oh, forgot it was Youth Day! As you can see.....me and Youth Days are decades long lost friends....

Where have my  youth gone to? [bigcry]

Yesterday is skool holiday. So, expect more crowd lah.

MacDonalds

Coffee Bean

Babalicous

My Briyani House

Hillstreet Coffee Shop

Thx for the info

Oh, forgot it was Youth Day! As you can see.....me and Youth Days are decades long lost friends....

Where have my  youth gone to? [bigcry]

when you youth, limpeh still zygote... :D  :D

Most of MU kakis smoke...

So is there smoking ban at Marine Cove ? :slow:

If not half way through MU, half a table of MCFers walks to the car park to take a breather ..... [grin]

Yeah....saw you on the microscope while I was on attachment at the hospital....took a picture of you then but forgot all about it....forgive the lao nang memory...but here you go..

You are most welcomed!

:grin:

when you youth, limpeh still zygote... :D  :D

post-24957-0-36080300-1467682749_thumb.jpg

Yeah....saw you on the microscope while I was on attachment at the hospital....took a picture of you then but forgot all about it....forgive the lao nang memory...but here you go..

You are most welcomed!

:grin:

muahhahahaha...basket!! [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  :XD:

go meetup thread lah....ppl pager you

↡ Advertisement