19) Jack - Pearl White, FL

20) TM - venetian red, FL

21) guma- Venetian red FL

22) WeiJieTay- Metallic Grey FL

23) maxmaru - Desert Kaki, FL

24) JaysenTan - Black, FL

25) Aphelion - Metallic Grey FL 

26)HX0511 - Quartz Blue, FL

Another Quartz Blue :) Welcome welcome...

1) Shuseido - Black, FL

2) Flanforever - Quartz Blue, FL

3) Maxiblur - Quartz Blue, FL,

4) Ractan66 - Silver, FL

5) Kayaloti - Venetian red, FL

6) Roadsurf - Metallic grey

7) Lamda - Desert Khaki, FL

8) sgp-xv16 - white pearl, FL

9) avguy23 - Silver, FL

10) Jinsen - Dark Blue Pearl, FL

11) baoyuan - Silver, FL

12) harrymonster - Metallic grey, FL

13) StanleyTan_157798 - Quartz Blue, FL

14) csjdraj - Silver,FL

15) Carnatic - Pearl White, FL

16) RoadSurf - Metallic Grey , FL

17) LWhiz - Metallic Silver, FL

18) Apple58 - Pearl White, FL

19) Jack - Pearl White, FL

20) TM - venetian red, FL

21) guma- Venetian red FL

22) WeiJieTay- Metallic Grey FL

23) maxmaru - Desert Kaki, FL

24) JaysenTan - Black, FL

25) Aphelion - Metallic Grey FL

All the best with your servicing, people. Even Tan Chong Subaru General Manager also declare they are profit-oriented, don't care about customer service, Subaru's brand image, etc.

Make sure when you deal with them, you have black and white for EVERYTHING. Remember to take a picture of your car (inside and outside) when u collect it.

• Praise 1

All the best with your servicing, people. Even Tan Chong Subaru General Manager also declare they are profit-oriented, don't care about customer service, Subaru's brand image, etc.

Make sure when you deal with them, you have black and white for EVERYTHING. Remember to take a picture of your car (inside and outside) when u collect it.

Can share your experience? First time car owner here... That's worrying especially for a noob like me. Sure makan by them

Can share your experience? First time car owner here... That's worrying especially for a noob like me. Sure makan by them

Just deal with them as with Ah Bengs and Crooks. Be careful. Remember to ask about your DUO points, everyone should get 600-1000 DUO points that can be used to offset servicing fees or purchase accessories like rear boot tray, front and back security cameras, rear boot resin, etc. Don't get conned.

My experience:

Dear Subaru,

I am writing this in Singapore. I am driving a Toyota Vios now but looking at changing to a new car and have set my eyes on the Subaru Outback after test-driving many cars in the market. However, I have huge difficulties dealing with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team.

Let me explain.

The Subaru Singapore Sales Team do not allow customers to choose the sales person you are comfortable with to make the purchase. So for example, if you walk into the Subaru Showroom and decide to go for a test-drive, the person who happens to be at the desk to book you for a test-drive ends up being “ASSIGNED” to you. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Alpha”.

After a few more visits to the showroom, you may have been familiar with another sales person because of the friendliness of the person. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Bravo”. To clarify, in Singapore, when purchasing a car, the customer would visit the showroom several times – why? Because the selling price of a Subaru Outback is between SGD$125,000 [uSD$90,600) – SGD$140,000 (local taxes is substantial). The ruling at Subaru Singapore is that you are tagged to Person “Alpha” and have to buy your vehicle from that person and cannot go with Person “Bravo”. Now, I would be most willing to purchase my vehicle from Person “Alpha” if the person is sales-oriented and customer-centric. BUT the problem is Person “Alpha” is NOT. The Person Alpha is Mr Jay Ng.

I have booked for a Subaru Forester XT at the Singapore Car Show with Mr Jay Ng on 23 April 2016 and put down a SGD$10,000 deposit for it. I changed my mind after test-driving the Subaru Forester XT and cancelled the deal to get back my deposit. On the day of getting back my deposit, Mr Jay Ng, told me that I will be blacklisted and shall not be able to purchase any Subaru cars – for the next 3 months because it would be unfair to other customers. This is before I had the chance to explain to him that I am more interested in purchasing something else – which is of course, the Subaru Outback. But I did not express this the moment Mr Jay Ng told me I am blacklisted because his demeanor is not very friendly.

I had the notion to re-visit Subaru Showroom in a few months’ time (once I am taken out of the blacklist) because of my desire to own a Subaru Outback.

However, a week ago (23 May 2016), I received rumours that the Singapore Government may be changing the rules of purchasing a vehicle and I understand that this may inflat the prices of cars.

I could not wait any longer (for my name to be taken off the blacklist) but to try to visit the Subaru Showroom to determine if I can purchase the Subaru Outback.

This is when I met Sales Person “Bravo” – Mr Alister Lim. Mr Alister Lim was friendly and very patient when I was test-driving the Subaru Outback. However I did not tell him about the cancellation of purchase with Mr Jay Ng. Mr Alister Lim also threw in a few incentives like car accessories and add-ons to build up my enthusiaism for Subaru Outback – which was not offered to me by Mr Jay Ng.

It took me a few days to make up my mind and decided to go to the Subaru Road Show with my friends and family, to meet Mr Alister Lim, to purchase the Subaru Outback on 27 May 2016 – but I did not expect the following to happen.

When I reached the Subaru Road Show, I was not allowed to purchase the vehicle with the terms I have negotiated from Mr Alister Ng. Apparently Mr Alister Lim was made to answer to “Higher Ups” because he has taken a customer away from Mr Jay Ng. I was told (by Mr Alister Ng) that he will contact me on Saturday if the deal we initially discussed can go through.

On Saturday morning, I was contacted by Mr Jay Ng. He told me on the phone that he is tagged to me and that I should not deal with Mr Alister Lim anymore. He also told me that the deal between Mr Alister Ng and me is off and now I will not be getting any incentives at all. No more car accessories. No more add-ons. He insisted that I have to live with it and buy the Subaru at the “Normal” price. He also added that there are many people at the Showroom right now because the government has changed the rules and I have many customers to talk to. He ended by saying if you are still interested in Subaru, then you better purchase it as the “Normal” price without any add-ons or freebies.

I am saddened that the situation has to end this way and wanted to voice my dissatisfaction with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. If this is the way Subaru decides to do business in Singapore, then Subaru would end up with many disgruntled customers.

Subaru could have sold more vehicles in Singapore because Subaru cars have been better designed than the other SUVs in the same category.

Now I have no idea who to contact at Subaru – Mr Alister Lim is not answering to my messages or phonecall. I am also annoyed with Mr Jay Ng. And most critical of all, I have missed out on any savings.

• Praise 1

(edited)

if they don't want your business which you feel that is very very important to them, just let it go. Be gracious. Why need to start a new account and post all over the places on various thread in MCF just to black mouth them? [hur]

By the way, what they have been practicing is the norm for all AD. Buyer will be tied to the SE that serve them during the test drive for certain period of time.

let us empathize on their side. If you are them, will you feel that they are very very unlucky to serve a customer like you? If yr answer is no, why?

They have made a big mistake by allowing you to take back yr deposit in the 1st place.

Just deal with them as with Ah Bengs and Crooks. Be careful. Remember to ask about your DUO points, everyone should get 600-1000 DUO points that can be used to offset servicing fees or purchase accessories like rear boot tray, front and back security cameras, rear boot resin, etc. Don't get conned.

My experience:

Dear Subaru,

I am writing this in Singapore. I am driving a Toyota Vios now but looking at changing to a new car and have set my eyes on the Subaru Outback after test-driving many cars in the market. However, I have huge difficulties dealing with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team.

Let me explain.

The Subaru Singapore Sales Team do not allow customers to choose the sales person you are comfortable with to make the purchase. So for example, if you walk into the Subaru Showroom and decide to go for a test-drive, the person who happens to be at the desk to book you for a test-drive ends up being “ASSIGNED” to you. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Alpha”.

After a few more visits to the showroom, you may have been familiar with another sales person because of the friendliness of the person. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Bravo”. To clarify, in Singapore, when purchasing a car, the customer would visit the showroom several times – why? Because the selling price of a Subaru Outback is between SGD$125,000 [uSD$90,600) – SGD$140,000 (local taxes is substantial). The ruling at Subaru Singapore is that you are tagged to Person “Alpha” and have to buy your vehicle from that person and cannot go with Person “Bravo”. Now, I would be most willing to purchase my vehicle from Person “Alpha” if the person is sales-oriented and customer-centric. BUT the problem is Person “Alpha” is NOT. The Person Alpha is Mr Jay Ng.

I have booked for a Subaru Forester XT at the Singapore Car Show with Mr Jay Ng on 23 April 2016 and put down a SGD$10,000 deposit for it. I changed my mind after test-driving the Subaru Forester XT and cancelled the deal to get back my deposit. On the day of getting back my deposit, Mr Jay Ng, told me that I will be blacklisted and shall not be able to purchase any Subaru cars – for the next 3 months because it would be unfair to other customers. This is before I had the chance to explain to him that I am more interested in purchasing something else – which is of course, the Subaru Outback. But I did not express this the moment Mr Jay Ng told me I am blacklisted because his demeanor is not very friendly.

I had the notion to re-visit Subaru Showroom in a few months’ time (once I am taken out of the blacklist) because of my desire to own a Subaru Outback.

However, a week ago (23 May 2016), I received rumours that the Singapore Government may be changing the rules of purchasing a vehicle and I understand that this may inflat the prices of cars.

I could not wait any longer (for my name to be taken off the blacklist) but to try to visit the Subaru Showroom to determine if I can purchase the Subaru Outback.

This is when I met Sales Person “Bravo” – Mr Alister Lim. Mr Alister Lim was friendly and very patient when I was test-driving the Subaru Outback. However I did not tell him about the cancellation of purchase with Mr Jay Ng. Mr Alister Lim also threw in a few incentives like car accessories and add-ons to build up my enthusiaism for Subaru Outback – which was not offered to me by Mr Jay Ng.

It took me a few days to make up my mind and decided to go to the Subaru Road Show with my friends and family, to meet Mr Alister Lim, to purchase the Subaru Outback on 27 May 2016 – but I did not expect the following to happen.

When I reached the Subaru Road Show, I was not allowed to purchase the vehicle with the terms I have negotiated from Mr Alister Ng. Apparently Mr Alister Lim was made to answer to “Higher Ups” because he has taken a customer away from Mr Jay Ng. I was told (by Mr Alister Ng) that he will contact me on Saturday if the deal we initially discussed can go through.

On Saturday morning, I was contacted by Mr Jay Ng. He told me on the phone that he is tagged to me and that I should not deal with Mr Alister Lim anymore. He also told me that the deal between Mr Alister Ng and me is off and now I will not be getting any incentives at all. No more car accessories. No more add-ons. He insisted that I have to live with it and buy the Subaru at the “Normal” price. He also added that there are many people at the Showroom right now because the government has changed the rules and I have many customers to talk to. He ended by saying if you are still interested in Subaru, then you better purchase it as the “Normal” price without any add-ons or freebies.

I am saddened that the situation has to end this way and wanted to voice my dissatisfaction with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. If this is the way Subaru decides to do business in Singapore, then Subaru would end up with many disgruntled customers.

Subaru could have sold more vehicles in Singapore because Subaru cars have been better designed than the other SUVs in the same category.

Now I have no idea who to contact at Subaru – Mr Alister Lim is not answering to my messages or phonecall. I am also annoyed with Mr Jay Ng. And most critical of all, I have missed out on any savings.

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 2

Strange, I'm able to switch 3 different SE :)

Did u test drive the car with each SE? Did u pay the deposit for a car with the SE and later decided to change your mind and want to cancel the deal like him?

Dont think we can be so lucky to cancel our deal and take back our deposit without any penalty from any Dealer. He is very lucky to be able to take back his deposit because the AD is too good to him.

If AD dont allow that, he would have taken the XT and case closed.

My experience:

Dear Subaru,

Let me explain.

No need to create another account to badmouth la....

Allow you to take back your 'NON REFUNDABLE' deposit liao still want to complain.

• Praise 3

Allow you to take back your 'NON REFUNDABLE' deposit liao still want to complain.

Ha ha u guys must be working for Subaru, pls pass on my regards to your sales and your GM. Will continue to put this up all year round.

Ha ha u guys must be working for Subaru, pls pass on my regards to your sales and your GM. Will continue to put this up all year round.

Did u test drive the car with each SE? Did u pay the deposit for a car with the SE and later decided to change your mind and want to cancel the deal like him?

Dont think we can be so lucky to cancel our deal and take back our deposit without any penalty from any Dealer. He is very lucky to be able to take back his deposit because the AD is too good to him.

• Dislike 3

Just move on bro....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I was thinking of disliking you. Then I realize.. not even worth the effort. [bounce2]  [bounce2]  [bounce2]

• Praise 1

Bro life is too short... Hate ppl is easy but eventually you are hurt yourself... 

• Praise 1

Don't understand why SE refund the $10k back to u. Out of goodwill and now putting his rice bowl at stake. You should have got your car from PI and see what will happen. Not trying to say all PI are bad but definitely it will not be so easy to get yr $10k back. Its all in black and white.

Fyi, I am not related to Subaru or any PI. Learn to appreciate when yr SE already did something that he shld not be doing in the first place by giving u a refund.

• Praise 1

done test drive with one of them. did not place any deposit. Maybe that's why i can change SE :)

(edited)

done test drive with one of them. did not place any deposit. Maybe that's why i can change SE :)

Not sure if they are as consistent and strict in enforcement as other ADs.

I have come across other ADs when I go for 2nd test drive with another SE, the SE will first key my NRIC no. into their system and can tell me straightaway that sorry, he can't serve me as I am already linked to the first SE I did test drive with.  So the new SE's time is not wasted in trying to serve me, and my time is not wasted.

Also, if I skip test drive and want to actually buy from an SE (say, because someone say he gives a better bargain), likewise, he will check system first and say sorry, can't serve me because of my earlier test drive with my first SE.

Not sure if MI bother to consistently do this.

Maybe that's why no one was perfect in that incident and that's why the outcome is so messy and nobody's happy.

Edited by jg2000
↡ Advertisement