Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1390 replies to this topic | 6,783 praises

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

KNS

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Ktglfc praised this

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Based on the latest news today, Oxley's main shareholders are selling their entire stake in IHC to OUE. The proposed loan facility is no longer required.

On a separate note, I am mindful of the U.S. stock markets hitting record highs. I am not optimistic about Trump's economic plans. There is still a question whether he will be able to implement them the way he wants them to be, let alone whether they will truly improve the U.S. economy (a case of the Emperor's new clothes?). When will the markets wise up to the reality? The verdict is still out there.

My same often-repeated advice: The best stock investment is when there is a market crash. When it happens, don't waste this opportunity which happens only a few times within our life-time. Be prepared.

I think you didn't answer my question. Even though the proposed loan is no longer required, how do you feel about them using the company's money to support their own interests?
That is all.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

tenyawph
  • Premium member
    tenyawph
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think you didn't answer my question. Even though the proposed loan is no longer required, how do you feel about them using the company's money to support their own interests?

Of course, I am not happy about it.  But if they intend to take over and build up IHC and run it properly, maybe it is not so bad an idea after all. 

On a separate note, once OUE takes over IHC, will IHC regain its fomer glory again?  A possible investment play?   A potential multi-bagger?  IHC is under my radar now.

Still2016 and Ktglfc praised this
Survival first.
Not asking for high but consistent and sustainable returns.
Re-invest dividends for compounded effect.
Retire with a $2M portfolio, generating a 5% dividend yield i.e. $100K annually.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Of course, I am not happy about it. But if they intend to take over and build up IHC and run it properly, maybe it is not so bad an idea after all.

On a separate note, once OUE takes over IHC, will IHC regain its fomer glory again? A possible investment play? A potential multi-bagger? IHC is under my radar now.

This is still a owner's company.
Ktglfc praised this

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Of course, I am not happy about it. But if they intend to take over and build up IHC and run it properly, maybe it is not so bad an idea after all.

On a separate note, once OUE takes over IHC, will IHC regain its fomer glory again? A possible investment play? A potential multi-bagger? IHC is under my radar now.

Same here :)
Showster praised this
Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted Yesterday, 12:52 AM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks to tenyawph and some of you bugga's I got some DBS 15 when we last discussed (thanks bro's  [thumbsup] ),

These days I don't have time to monitor but one of my counters J2T is up 66% since I got it in Jul 16, I got it mainly for dividends but I think its time to part ways soon  [;)]

Showster, Ktglfc, Sunny and Wyfitms praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 AM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

DBS can leave it to collect dividends and sit for gains for the time being.

Thanks to tenyawph and some of you bugga's I got some DBS 15 when we last discussed (thanks bro's  [thumbsup] ),

These days I don't have time to monitor but one of my counters J2T is up 66% since I got it in Jul 16, I got it mainly for dividends but I think its time to part ways soon  [;)]

Edited by Showster, Yesterday, 08:46 AM.

Ktglfc and Mercury1 praised this
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

DBS can leave it to collect dividends and sit for gains for the time being.

The dividends collect can be used to offset the initial cost :)
Just collect dividends and if price comes down, can buy some more :))
Mercury1 praised this

There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.

Posted Yesterday, 10:47 PM

tenyawph
  • Premium member
    tenyawph
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The stock market is always an interesting place. 

For a few companies, announcement of better profits resulted in a plunge in their share prices.  An example is Cityneon.  For some, there are no discernable movement in their share prices. Examples: ComfortDelgro, DeClout, etc. For others, their share prices shoot up, as expected.  Examples: CityDev, Oxley, Sembawang Marine, Thai Beverage, etc.  

On the other hand, the announcement of declined profits resulted in a rise in their share prices (after a small price correction initially).  An example is Keppel Corp.  In an extreme case, an announcement of continued high losses (y-o-y) resulted in a rise of their share prices.  An example is Ezion.

So what is happening here?  It is the future outlook/prospect of the company that determines its share price performance, in relation to the percieved value vis-a-vis its share price of the company.  Is the company currently undervalued or overvalued?   Companies like Keppel Corp, Semb Corp, Semb Marine which have been battered down hard over the past 2~3 years are perceived to be very cheap now.   The same argument goes for DBS Bank in Nov 2016. 

For some companies meeting expected good results, it is sell on news.  For others, releasing unexpected good results, it is buy on news.    But this is just a general rule; there are always exceptions.     

Finally, if the overall market sentiments are good, more people are willing to take more risks, even bad companies can benefit from share price rises.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts (for how long, who knows?).  Remember, always be prepared for the unexpected.

Showster, Hosaybo and Ktglfc praised this
Survival first.
Not asking for high but consistent and sustainable returns.
Re-invest dividends for compounded effect.
Retire with a $2M portfolio, generating a 5% dividend yield i.e. $100K annually.

Posted Today, 07:20 AM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Like the rest part, "be prepared for the unexpected". A lot of sentiments are built in share price. Generally there is a buoyant feel in the past few months for the market.
Ktglfc praised this

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Like the rest part, "be prepared for the unexpected". A lot of sentiments are built in share price. Generally there is a buoyant feel in the past few months for the market.

Agreed.
Don't have to put all your spare $ now into the market ...

Keep some for the expected ... and in the long run, benefit from this :)

Back to Investment & Financial Matters  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: stock, stock market, sgx and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users