Is this coolant leaking?

Kinetics

Hi

Needing to top up coolant once a week, are these coolant leaking? Any idea where is the likely source? Is is expensive to repair?

Am driving a Skoda.

dsc02196vz3.jpg

dsc02194cq9.jpg

dsc02193mz6.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

bro, confirm tat is coolant stain, go check on ur hoses fast, it could be some hairline crack which leads to droplets of coolant escaping. rectify it early be4 the pipe burst.

the same thing happens to me but im too busy to get it rectified early. in the end, the pipe burst and i need to change my water pump, gasket....etc

Go to a shop and request the mech to do a Cooling System pressure test. This is the fastest way to detect water leaking out externally

Edited by Yeobh

ned some system pressure test loh to see where got other places leak oso... can due to

overheat of engine later if loosing more coolant check the spare tank if spare tank

water gone oso top up tat oso, then go to yr agent or mechanic to quote for the

damage for repair [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys.. need you guys advise on this. I am driving a 07 toyota axio for 2mths.recently

Found out that my coolant reserve tank goes down till empty on one occasion. I open up the radiator cap to check. Inside its still full.

I try pouring in normal water to the reserve tank and observe. The water level goes from max to empty after 2 or 3 weeks. Open the radiator cap to check again. I still found green coolant inside. Can any1 advise on this?

Thankss

Hi guys.. need you guys advise on this. I am driving a 07 toyota axio for 2mths.recently

Found out that my coolant reserve tank goes down till empty on one occasion. I open up the radiator cap to check. Inside its still full.

I try pouring in normal water to the reserve tank and observe. The water level goes from max to empty after 2 or 3 weeks. Open the radiator cap to check again. I still found green coolant inside. Can any1 advise on this?

Thankss

My advice is:

1.  Leak in reserve tank itself or hose

2.  search first before starting a new thread

Probably the coolant pump is leaking already.  Go check for water mark at coolant pump.

Is there steam coming out of the engine in the morning ?

Thankss

two to three weeks is not too short considering its an 07 car, you can take it as part of your maintenance regime and top up every few days. Or you can trace the leak, could be anywhere from the cover to the tank. I think the original coolant might help you see where it leaks better since it leaves some sediments.

Thankss

Check that your radiator fan and/or air-con fan is operating. If one of them not working it will results in higher evaporation of radiator fluid.

A quick check is when starting the engine, switch on the air-con and both fans (if you car comes with two fan) must be running. But this only confirm fan working or not, further checks needed to confirm whether temperature controller or relay any problem.

Edited by Octopus

coolant leak (even though in reserve tank) dun play play, what are you waiting for? Instead of going to workshop, you asking strangers in a forum ?? 

If the COE dies Jan 17, then you can just continue to top up every few weeks. 

Stop using water. There are plenty of pre-mixed coolant sold in many shops. I don't think you will want to waste money to fix the leak since the coe is going expire soon. It's a matter of are you renewing the coe. If yes, go to a workshop and get it fixed. If no, just continue to top up using pre-mixed coolant.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Stop using water. There are plenty of pre-mixed coolant sold in many shops. I don't think you will want to waste money to fix the leak since the coe is going expire soon. It's a matter of are you renewing the coe. If yes, go to a workshop and get it fixed. If no, just continue to top up using pre-mixed coolant.

ya lor, toyota coolant is one of the cheapest ard !! 

Neutral Newbie

Thanks all.

Morning no white smoke coming.

Radiator cap looks normal.

I have make an appt with my workshop for pressure test. Will update if found anything

if going to scrap. why waste money on coolant. water is fine. even if some corrosion sets in who cares.

• Praise 2

Not radiator cap but oil fill cap.

Coolant is about 18 for Toyota , but water is cheaper. If scrapping I will make sure it doesn't overheat n top up everyday. Maybe it's a cap leak but you can probaby tell better if it's coolant than water. The workshop suspecting rad leak?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1