Jump to content

Cataract Surgery


RadX
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/21/2025 at 4:37 PM, 13177 said:

How does this condition affect your eyes?

There's a bubble behind the retina pushing the centre part of the retina outward, causing central vision out of focus.

When bubble subsided central vision will be back to normal.

The underlying cause is as what  Gnahp said.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 6:21 PM, Lala81 said:

lol I've never see before what you guys have, and there's two of you guys in one thread.

 

I suspect many brushed it off casually as 'heaty' since it resolved itself after a while 

drink liang teh (herbal tea) for a few days can already 😁

some may not even notice it

 

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 6:35 PM, Gnahp said:

I suspect many brushed it off casually as 'heaty' since it resolved itself after a while 

drink liang teh (herbal tea) for a few days can already 😁

some may not even notice it

 

anything blur vision, i just refer to my friend. most Eye problems still need specialist management.

 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 4:45 PM, Gnahp said:

when it happens, usually on one eye

I will see things like this in extreme cases

can last between a week to a month before it resolves itself

triggered by extreme stress or shock (adrenaline inducing kind of shock)

 

F1.large.thumb.jpg.cd3d2bb5df139806d9121dcdff8dae4d.jpg

What causes it to have such condition? No cure again?

Whenever i go for my eye checkup, i always quite scare that doc tell me my eyes have some problem.

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 5:11 PM, Gnahp said:

recently I see flashes at the peripheral vision occasionally

went to see eye doctor

she said it's an aging thing

the jelly in the eyeball turn more liquid, shrink and tugging the retina

since retina is a light sensor

a physical tug will give signal in the form of flashes to the brain

same like when someone punches your eye, you also will see flashes during the impact

no, I didn't get punched before, hit by tennis ball and see flashes last time 😁

Any problem do with retina and peripheral vision quite scary. 

  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 7:32 PM, 13177 said:

Any problem do with retina and peripheral vision quite scary. 

yeah, that is why I made an appointment to see doctor

to peek what is going on inside, rather than self guessing and self comforting 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 7:28 PM, 13177 said:

What causes it to have such condition? No cure again?

Whenever i go for my eye checkup, i always quite scare that doc tell me my eyes have some problem.

yes, no cure

the goal is to avoid triggering it

 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 3:43 PM, Jman888 said:

so ex, i have started wearing progressive since more than 15 yrs ago, usually change like every 3 yrs, cost $425 from lenskart with ultra thin 1.76 index coated lens.

Just did my 2nd pair at Owndays. $198 + upgrade to their $200 lens. So total will be $398 + Free one pair of normal shortsighted spec for my kid. 
 

  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 6:35 PM, Gnahp said:

I suspect many brushed it off casually as 'heaty' since it resolved itself after a while 

drink liang teh (herbal tea) for a few days can already 😁

some may not even notice it

 

Other than stress as a causative factor, the other one is steroid usage. 

I told the Dr I don't take steroid, but probably have used nasal sprays containing corticosteroid before. Was told was a probable cause too.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 8:57 PM, Atonchia said:

Other than stress as a causative factor, the other one is steroid usage. 

I told the Dr I don't take steroid, but probably have used nasal sprays containing corticosteroid before. Was told was a probable cause too.

I was told the same too, TCM also another one but I don't take TCM

I started to use steroid cream after my covid19 vaccination because of bad skin allergy

that's 8th year after I had CSR

I find there is no correlation between the two, for me

 

 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 3:12 PM, Kopites said:

Shared earlier. There are a few factors you need to consider in doing only one eye for the time being. 

Are you wearing glasses now? If so, are you going to get another prescription glasses after cataract. If you aren't wear glasses then you will be straining your post cataract eye relative to the one without surgery. 

If the doc said both eyes, go for it. My opinion. 

For my case, literally I was blinded for one month after one eye surgery. Couldn't wear glasses or con. So living with one eye vision for one month. It was disaster. 

Prior to cataract, the doc did assured me that we would do both eyes at the shortest time gap. Got it done at week 5 if remembered correctly. 

My sharing...😁

Err...  logically can just remove one lense from existing glasses right?🤔

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 8:41 PM, Dafansu said:

Just did my 2nd pair at Owndays. $198 + upgrade to their $200 lens. So total will be $398 + Free one pair of normal shortsighted spec for my kid. 
 

Mine after a few times...it's in the cold palace...they are good at cs, technical knowledge, clean with wide range...glasses wise...can find cheaperer and betterer...😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 9:11 PM, Playtime said:

Err...  logically can just remove one lense from existing glasses right?🤔

You can try to do if other side with len is weightless.

Don't be pathetic please.

If really in need of glasses go make one with degree and leave the pure mere glass. At least glasses would be able to sit on your nostril comfortably.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 6:35 PM, Gnahp said:

I suspect many brushed it off casually as 'heaty' since it resolved itself after a while 

drink liang teh (herbal tea) for a few days can already 😁

some may not even notice it

 

Send message to my girl in Aussie.  Getting some advice from her on your problem. 

To gain some knowledge from her. 

 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 11:17 PM, Tohto said:

Send message to my girl in Aussie.  Getting some advice from her on your problem. 

To gain some knowledge from her. 

 

thank you very much

got to pay you some teleconsultation fees in kopi-o 

currently I am under the care of these two pretty ladies in SNEC

I am open to any advice (bar TCM and tangki) 😁

471409026_2854220671416212_2449150503498186510348_1844369009068055_3128161576465

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2025 at 11:45 PM, Gnahp said:

thank you very much

got to pay you some teleconsultation fees in kopi-o 

currently I am under the care of these two pretty ladies in SNEC

I am open to any advice (bar TCM and tangki) 😁

471409026_2854220671416212_2449150503498186510348_1844369009068055_3128161576465

Go with the doc and skip medium or the likes of YT guru...pro or prof...😁

 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...