Jump to content

Kia K5


Tohto
 Share

Recommended Posts

haha, i feel the K5 look more like saab cars, especially the 9-3. ^_^

but kia really bringing good and attractive cars to the market recently! :D

 

 

Yeah. The K5's C-Pillar really looks like the Saab 9-5.

But since it's still a long way for me, I'm waiting to see what the next Kia Optima would be like!

 

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some wanna change the Kia logo to hide the fact that it is a Kia

Some wanna change the Kia logo because it looks boring

Some wanna change the logo because of all the above reasons

 

If car looks good, it looks good and if it looks ugly it looks ugly and no logo can change that

 

I don't see how a change of logo can convince anyone that this car is not a Kia and I don't see how a logo measuring about 10cm can alter the looks of a car in any significant way.

 

I wouldn't bother with such small details

 

Of course there is nothing wrong with doing whatever you want to your car so long as it makes you feel good

 

 

I don't really wanna be a wet blanket on the emblem change...

 

but recently got some private bus companies buy new bus named "King Long". And that bus sports an emblem that either looks v similar to the alt. kia emblem or looks EXACTLY the same.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. The K5's C-Pillar really looks like the Saab 9-5.

But since it's still a long way for me, I'm waiting to see what the next Kia Optima would be like!

Yep! I think will have a similar grill and front. The cerato forte share some resemblance to it as well actually ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep! I think will have a similar grill and front. The cerato forte share some resemblance to it as well actually ^_^

 

 

Well, in my serious opinion, I think the K5's front really looks like the VW Scirocco, albeit with angular headlights rather than the rounded ones on the Scirocco. The side C-Pillar looks like the Saab 9-5, and the rear tail-lights look like a Jaguar XF, albeit, again, angular.

 

The interior air-con controls look like they come from Audi. But the overall dash design looks like a mess, thanks to the weird placement of the centre air-con vents.

 

As for the materials, I really do not want to have hard plastics in any parts of the car for a car looking this fierce and balanced. It will be embarrassing, not only to passengers but also to myself.

 

Hard plastics only belong to China cars and japanese cars now. The Koreans are heading upmarket, but with cheap price tag [you're not buying the brand].

 

Reputable German marques don't have hard plastics in their cars if you noticed [i'm referring to the dashboard, and whole door trim only]. I believe the next generation of Kia and Hyundai would be like so.

Edited by Proton_neutron
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

hv u guys seen the kia kue, kee, knd-4 concept cars unveiled in 2007?

U will spot some of the design cues in the current kia production models. Do u think peter schreyer needs to copy from others? hmm....

concept_Kia_Kue_frt_CAD_430.jpg

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hv u guys seen the kia kue, kee, knd-4 concept cars unveiled in 2007?

U will spot some of the design cues in the current kia production models. Do u think peter schreyer needs to copy from others? hmm....

 

lol if anything all he needs to do is to copy from himself

anyway saying that the k5 is a copy of other cars simply shows how shallow our singaporean mindsets are, just because another car is more expensive means that your cheaper car is a copy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kia is copying from someone?

Then everyone else is copying from Davinci?

Stop copying from Davinci then....

Boring...

Everybody copy Davinci idea of the concept call "Car"...

Pure stupidity...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in my serious opinion, I think the K5's front really looks like the VW Scirocco, albeit with angular headlights rather than the rounded ones on the Scirocco. The side C-Pillar looks like the Saab 9-5, and the rear tail-lights look like a Jaguar XF, albeit, again, angular.

 

The interior air-con controls look like they come from Audi. But the overall dash design looks like a mess, thanks to the weird placement of the centre air-con vents.

 

As for the materials, I really do not want to have hard plastics in any parts of the car for a car looking this fierce and balanced. It will be embarrassing, not only to passengers but also to myself.

 

Hard plastics only belong to China cars and japanese cars now. The Koreans are heading upmarket, but with cheap price tag [you're not buying the brand].

 

Reputable German marques don't have hard plastics in their cars if you noticed [i'm referring to the dashboard, and whole door trim only]. I believe the next generation of Kia and Hyundai would be like so.

they say a better version of K5 coming to sin soon (torque magazine, march issue) with better features such as sunroof, lcd screen, rear camera, xenon headlights.. but im not sure about the interior finish.. most likely will be the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

they say a better version of K5 coming to sin soon (torque magazine, march issue) with better features such as sunroof, lcd screen, rear camera, xenon headlights.. but im not sure about the interior finish.. most likely will be the same.

 

 

Perhaps. But I've seen editions of the K5 with fake-leather trimmed centre console. You know the part where it surrounds the air-con vents and all? That metal part has been replaced by this fake-leather.

 

And I'm not saying that Kia designers are copying other cars. It's just that, it would be better if they have their own unique designs. But there's really no denying that the K5 sure has road presence!

 

I can't wait for the Kia K9 to be released. Set to be the Hyundai Genesis brother. RWD, V8 engine... What more can I ask for?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. The K5's C-Pillar really looks like the Saab 9-5.

But since it's still a long way for me, I'm waiting to see what the next Kia Optima would be like!

 

dude, the K5 IS the next optima lah....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps. But I've seen editions of the K5 with fake-leather trimmed centre console. You know the part where it surrounds the air-con vents and all? That metal part has been replaced by this fake-leather.

 

And I'm not saying that Kia designers are copying other cars. It's just that, it would be better if they have their own unique designs. But there's really no denying that the K5 sure has road presence!

 

I can't wait for the Kia K9 to be released. Set to be the Hyundai Genesis brother. RWD, V8 engine... What more can I ask for?

Haha what you pay for is what you get. K5 is actually considered quite cheap if you compare to similar cars around it's size. ^_^

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

they say a better version of K5 coming to sin soon (torque magazine, march issue) with better features such as sunroof, lcd screen, rear camera, xenon headlights.. but im not sure about the interior finish.. most likely will be the same.

 

but will be more ex....i heard extra $10k or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

dude, the K5 IS the next optima lah....

 

 

I'm waiting for K5 ver2. Next generation of the K5. By then, the interior build quality would be equivalent to the current E-Class or Audi A6 I'm sure.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

but will be more ex....i heard extra $10k or so.

 

 

If I'm not wrong, C&C will bring in only the high-spec versions of their cars from now on. This is what's happening for the Sportage and Sorento. No more EX trim. Only SX now.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha what you pay for is what you get. K5 is actually considered quite cheap if you compare to similar cars around it's size. ^_^

 

 

Of course. But I'm sure at the pace the Koreans are going, they'll one day beat the Germans, not only in their engineering, but also quality department. And because you're really not paying for the brand, you save like crazy.

 

Imagine taking the Mercedes-Benz badge off the E-Class. For the exact same car, it'd be half it's value. From $240k for the E200CGI to $120k. Far fetch? I don't think so.

 

I'd hypothesise that the next generation of Kia and Hyundai would reach that stage.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm not wrong, C&C will bring in only the high-spec versions of their cars from now on. This is what's happening for the Sportage and Sorento. No more EX trim. Only SX now.

Yep, for sin we will only have K5 SX. -_- don't know why don't want bring EX..

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm not wrong, C&C will bring in only the high-spec versions of their cars from now on. This is what's happening for the Sportage and Sorento. No more EX trim. Only SX now.

 

Yes dats wat car mag also say so those who want the cheaper version have to grab now. next time no more already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, for sin we will only have K5 SX. -_- don't know why don't want bring EX..

 

 

$10k more only nia. With the SX trim now at $128,999 thanks to the COE at $62k. Comes with so much more features.

 

Where do we start?

 

The 1.8TSI Passat has a launch price of $159,800 [should be cheaper though after discounts]. But really, the K5 SX with so much more features, and being a larger sized car, and having an even aggressier looks, beats the Passat hands on heart.

 

$129k I guess is the selling price of the new VW Jetta 1.4TSI 122bhp. The Jetta should have 3 variants, like the Golf. 1.2TSI probably at $118k, 1.4TSI at $128k and 1.4Sports TSI at $138k.

 

With the Jetta the size of the Renault Fluence, it doesn't make sense now to get the Passat. Many will instead go for the Jetta. And this is where VAG earns from the sale of the Jetta, to make up for the "losses" on the Passat.

 

And come to think of it, those who're considering the Jetta 1.2TSI and 1.4TSI would rather go for the K5 SX. That aggressive looks, features a tonne to the boot, makes their Jetta a wagger of the tail.

 

 

Edited by Proton_neutron
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...