Foldable bicycle

Sgspurs

My colleague recommended Crius, Travelo and Fnhon. Say its are within my budget and weight of 10kg.

Mate, I would say go and test them first. Travelo, Dahon, Tern, Java are all household brands but ultimately you need to feel to know which is to your liking. 

↡ Advertisement

My bro gave me his Dahon before he went overseas. Not super light but nice to cycle. I ever cycled once from Eunos to Yishun. I’m 1.9m.

He bought from overseas and shipped it here then he assembled himself.

post-1829-0-96699800-1556560682_thumb.jpeg

post-1829-0-24592500-1556560698_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75

Turbocharged
(edited)

My colleague recommended Crius, Travelo and Fnhon. Say its are within my budget and weight of 10kg.

I bought this Crius, but it's the 20 inch wheel version. very light at 10kg - the weight makes a whole lot of difference when cycling long distance. 

Technically, identical as the more expensive Travelo FS-V, with Lite Pro parts.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/crius-shadow-16inch-305-or-349-folding-bicycle-226579774/?ref=product&ref_rank=21&ref_referrer=%2Fp%2F204925169%2F&ref_pId=204925169

This 20" is even lighter at 9.3kg.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/fnhon-blast-20inch-9-speed-18-speed-folding-bicycle-226416152/?ref=profile&ref_referrer=%2Foutdoorfollows%2F&ref_sId=3935668

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

I bought this Crius, but it's the 20 inch wheel version. very light at 10kg - the weight makes a whole lot of difference when cycling long distance.

Technically, identical as the more expensive Travelo FS-V, with Lite Pro parts.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/crius-shadow-16inch-305-or-349-folding-bicycle-226579774/?ref=product&ref_rank=21&ref_referrer=%2Fp%2F204925169%2F&ref_pId=204925169

This 20" is even lighter at 9.3kg.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/fnhon-blast-20inch-9-speed-18-speed-folding-bicycle-226416152/?ref=profile&ref_referrer=%2Foutdoorfollows%2F&ref_sId=3935668

I met up with this reseller yesterday and test rode the Crius Master. Very light, 9.4kg, i brought along my luggage weighing scale to check. The quality of the bike is good and the ride was stiff and good. He was a little pushy and wana close the deal and wana throw in freebies like water bottle holder. But i stand firm to look around first.

I like the Crius Velocity, will go see other models first. But more or less, i am into the Crius(Litepro) brand liao.

But just like buying car, see how much more discounts and freebies the seller can throw in.

Turbocharged
(edited)

@Adrianli

So you met up with Ron at Yishun.

I managed to get a free bell and water bottle holder.

I got it on the spot cos I had visited many shops prior.

If you look at the cost of the LitePro parts used, doubt he can give more freebies or discount at such price for the foldie.

Edited by Vinceng

@Adrianli

So you met up with Ron at Yishun.

I managed to get a free bell and water bottle holder.

I got it on the spot cos I had visited many shops prior.

If you look at the cost of the LitePro parts used, doubt he can give more freebies or discount at such price for the foldie.

If you look at the price he selling the Crius Master, there is another online reseller is selling it $20 cheaper than his price. So I believe there is a margin he can adjust to.

I met up with this reseller yesterday and test rode the Crius Master. Very light, 9.4kg, i brought along my luggage weighing scale to check. The quality of the bike is good and the ride was stiff and good. He was a little pushy and wana close the deal and wana throw in freebies like water bottle holder. But i stand firm to look around first.

I like the Crius Velocity, will go see other models first. But more or less, i am into the Crius(Litepro) brand liao.

But just like buying car, see how much more discounts and freebies the seller can throw in.

• Praise 1

You can try Mr Goh. I got my Fnhon from him. He also deals with Crius and Fnhon. (Travelo same same with Crius and only available through agent.)

https://www.wheelonfiresg.com/

https://www.facebook.com/wheelonfiresg/

He is not pushy, patience type and able to customise at your preference or standard group sets. Not sure if price is comparable. I customised mine with all parts selected myself so you won’t like the price. It’s 9.9 kg though. I’m sure u can find one within your budget and lightweight.

The only catch is that his timing and location may not suit everyone. Collection/adjustment is at his place in the night at Telok Blangah or weekdays lunch time at Bendemeer warehouse.

Cheers.

Yup, this is one of the four resellers for Litepro. Thanks for the info.

I will visit my bro's regular bike shop tomorrow and then decide where to get the bike from.

Finally decided to get the Crius Velocity. Collected it yesterday and test rode to Lower Seletar reservoir park. Ride was smooth, stiff and rigid. Feels light, weight is 10.18kg. Slightly heavier than the Crius Master which was 9.4kg.

Freebies were bell, water bottle cage and magnetic lock to keep the bike folded.

post-2654-0-40577800-1557109149_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Finally decided to get the Crius Velocity. Collected it yesterday and test rode to Lower Seletar reservoir park. Ride was smooth, stiff and rigid. Feels light, weight is 10.18kg. Slightly heavier than the Crius Master which was 9.4kg.

Freebies were bell, water bottle cage and magnetic lock to keep the bike folded.

20190505_111241.jpg

Great choice. I believed its specs should be comparable with the FS-S and slightly cheaper than the AD.

I had the Crius Master-V before and clocked >500km on it before I sold it off and upgraded to a roadie. Not long after decided I still like foldie and gotten my customized Fnhon.

Enjoy your ride bro!

• Praise 1

attachicon.gif20190505_111241.jpg

Swee. How do you find the stability of foldie especially at bend?

Swee. How do you find the stability of foldie especially at bend?

Very nimble and with great maneuverability compared to my XL full size MTB.

attachicon.gif20190505_111241.jpg

Sweet... do you stay near north east area? Next time can go cycling together.

Sweet... do you stay near north east area? Next time can go cycling together.

No i dont. I stay in Central area.