Foldable bicycle

Sgspurs

Enjoy the ride @Adrianli

Thanks. Riding along Helix bridge and Gardens by the bay was scary. Lots of tourists on the cycling path. Need to siam here and there. The joggers were better behaved and kept to the footpath.

Dont think will cycle back there again at that timing(after work).

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Very nimble and with great maneuverability compared to my XL full size MTB.

Congrates on your new ride without COE! It rides better than MB on flat ground for sure because..

1. It has low CG because of the smaller wheel diameter.

2. Thinner tyres and less threads therefore less resistance resulting in better rolling.

3. Smaller size.

It is good for city and PCN rides but when you want off track, even the simple old railway tracks, your MB would still be the one you want to bring along.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I buy foldable bike like how some ppl buy toyota

First foldie was Dahon. Second foldie is Dahon

Dun flame me hor. A bicycle is still a low tech piece of metal that still requires manual labour. Dahon feels good quality at a reasonable price. That's all i need. Lol

Yesterday, brought the foldie out again. Nobody was around the path so i tried the top speed, amazing that it could get up to 29km/h on a flat road easily. If got more clear path, i think can go up to above 30km/h. But i guess this is my max liao.

post-2654-0-00108700-1557966683_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-62859200-1557966699_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-35098500-1557966719_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-81449000-1557966732_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Hi all bros here,

Anyone bros know where can find Dahon Expresso D24 26' folding MTB in Singapore?

And what is the price like?

Or any recommendation on 26' folding MTB?

Thanks in advance.....

(edited)

Hi all bros here,

Anyone bros know where can find Dahon Expresso D24 26' folding MTB in Singapore?

And what is the price like?

Or any recommendation on 26' folding MTB?

Thanks in advance.....

Try My Bike Shop Too.

Not sure if they carry Expresso D24. They do have Terns. You can look at Tern Joe (26” Folding MTB or the Eclispse X22 which is the top range foldie). I tested the X22 there, damn shiok but overbudget. My friend have the Joe and it was great. Just that you cannot expect its size to be like a foldie when folded.

Edited by Wormee

Visited MyBikeShop. I think they do not carry 26' model.

Just discover Dahon Jetstream 20' with front and rear suspension. Nice.....

Any bro know where to get it, what is price like?

I'm riding the tern Joe p27. It gives the flexibility of a foldie and a full sized bicycle.

Although I'm starting to look to change to something smaller. The ability to fold doesn't equate to it being mobile.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, been researching around for a foldie to try the PCNs our gov been spending heavily on. This will be my first bike after 15 years of non cycling. Have seen quite a few brands but nothing really caught my eye except the terns link and verge series. Carousell also have a few verge p20 for sale and I'm also looking into that. But after see what Adrianli posted on the crius, fnhon etc sets me thinking again. The prices for brand new are acceptable (budget less than 1k) and I'm kinda spoiled for choices. So like to seek some help here.

- Budget looking below 1k.

- able to be fast (or try to be fast) like the terns x11 x10 or similar

- foldable.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, been researching around for a foldie to try the PCNs our gov been spending heavily on. This will be my first bike after 15 years of non cycling. Have seen quite a few brands but nothing really caught my eye except the terns link and verge series. Carousell also have a few verge p20 for sale and I'm also looking into that. But after see what Adrianli posted on the crius, fnhon etc sets me thinking again. The prices for brand new are acceptable (budget less than 1k) and I'm kinda spoiled for choices. So like to seek some help here.

- Budget looking below 1k.

- able to be fast (or try to be fast) like the terns x11 x10 or similar

- foldable.

The Travelo FS-S should do just fine. Simple and light enough to pick up for rusty cyclist and not entry level yet fast enough on PCN at a budget of $899.
  • Praise 1

Be spoilt for choice with 1k Budget to get a decent foldie.

It’s great for pcn ride but when come to a bridge I wish there’s the FD to aid the ascend...nowadays I just dismount and push...

It’s also my choice of ride for the breakfast commute because of its nimbleness...

The Travelo FS-S should do just fine. Simple and light enough to pick up for rusty cyclist and not entry level yet fast enough on PCN at a budget of $899.

Thanks! I did intend to settle for the FS-S but in the end was swayed over by the crius velocity. Specs were customized as per the fs-s and cheaper. Using Deore 6000m shadow+ etc

Thanks! I did intend to settle for the FS-S but in the end was swayed over by the crius velocity. Specs were customized as per the fs-s and cheaper. Using Deore 6000m shadow+ etc

I still love my Crius Velocity and been riding it. Even bring it with me to car servicing, leave the car there and cycle home.

• Praise 1

I still love my Crius Velocity and been riding it. Even bring it with me to car servicing, leave the car there and cycle home.

Thanks for your recommendations! Loving it now!

Yep Crius is as good as it is. I had the Crius Master-V for my first proper foldie (previously had a $99 Aleoca from NTUC Extra, boy it weighs a ton).

Clocked more than 500km on it before I sold it for a roadie. After a year plus, decided to go back to foldie due to back pain. Riding a customised Fnhon now. After riding for quite sometimes then I realised why people spent to get a proper foldie instead of the $99 Aleoca lol.

Cheers.

Hey, I tried once also. Send my car for coating at Serangoon North Ave 4 and brought my foldie. Cycled back on the Sengkang/Punggol PCN. :)

Need advise. Due to space constraint, looks like foldie the way to go. Looking at getting 1 for wife and myself. Read about the Trevelo (ex??), Crius and Dahon/Tern. which one easier to handle and value for money? Which supplier is good?  Budget less than 1k each. Thanks. 

Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Nlatio said:

Need advise. Due to space constraint, looks like foldie the way to go. Looking at getting 1 for wife and myself. Read about the Trevelo (ex??), Crius and Dahon/Tern. which one easier to handle and value for money? Which supplier is good?  Budget less than 1k each. Thanks. 

Crius for me. Cheap and good. I bought from the guy from Yishun. Go Carousell and can see his posting there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2