Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

I was caught in yesterday jam. Going into Malaysia - Singapore side clear very fast but Malaysia side takes 1 hour plus. Coming back is the worst. Takes more than 4 hours stuck at Malaysia side. All vehicle hardly moves and don't be deceived by the camera image where the bridge shows no vehicle. Singapore side close all lanes except one on the left side which leads you to the lorry counter. You thought only people going into Malaysia for Ching Ming, then you are wrong. There are many fully loaded Malays in Singapore registered cars coming back to Singapore. There are small children and even babies enduring hours of jams at the Malaysia side.

My friend was stuck in a 5 hours jam at JB side (causeway) yesterday, heard very few counters were opened yesterday. He has family in JB and comes to SG every Sunday afternoon and he said the jam is unusual. He thinks MY politicians are sending us a message. I thought it was funny, sending us a message to hurt themselves but one will never know how politicians think up north. They are not like us, dollars and cents, cost and benefits.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

My friend was stuck in a 5 hours jam at JB side (causeway) yesterday, heard very few counters were opened yesterday. He has family in JB and comes to SG every Sunday afternoon and he said the jam is unusual. He thinks MY politicians are sending us a message. I thought it was funny, sending us a message to hurt themselves but one will never know how politicians think up north. They are not like us, dollars and cents, cost and benefits.

Likely due to Qing Ming and they miscalculate their manpower strength assuming its a normal Sunday

Likely due to Qing Ming and they miscalculate their manpower strength assuming its a normal Sunday ð

this Sat and Sun will “miscalculate” again ... [sly][laugh]

Dr M sees the benefits in building more bridges. 

He would be better off spending the money on improving existing infrastructure like upgrading computer systems that is capable of processing passports faster with the ability to flag out funny cases and of course opening more counters at peak periods.

Maybe one day when the Johor crown prince's bodyguard (who is Singaporean) is late for work because of the jam, he will do something about it. 

to get a weekend train ticket is hard as kena 4D .... [laugh]

take train better, the timing is more predictable.

i haven drove in since Feb this year. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Ya, now the pigeon is still there so confirm fake. Tot it was real.

Even if there's a real pigeon, most likely will have a cast shadow making it look dark in the picture. So how can the picture of the pigeon be so bright?? Confirm fake.

He would be better off spending the money on improving existing infrastructure like upgrading computer systems that is capable of processing passports faster with the ability to flag out funny cases and of course opening more counters at peak periods.

Maybe one day when the Johor crown prince's bodyguard (who is Singaporean) is late for work because of the jam, he will do something about it.

Building bridges and buying computer system will involve contracts. Adding headcount so that more counters can be manned during peak hours is not that lucrative.

PH has promised to ease congestion at checkpoint to help Msians working in SG, looks like same same leh.

if i the bodyguard i will just rent or buy a house there....
  • Praise 1

(edited)

PH promised sky, land and sea during election ... including ABOLISH TOLL ... muahahaha

after became government ... pattern more than badminton .... same same but different compare to BN

PH has promised to ease congestion at checkpoint to help Msians working in SG, looks like same same leh.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

(edited)

siao liao .... waiting for retaliation ... pattern more than badminton

post-7984-0-41282200-1554184164_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

When the RTS project has been ding donging, one can roughly guess the enthusiasm (or the lack of) in improving traffic flow.

Johor businesses suffering from drop in Singapore visitors: report

TUE, APR 02, 2019 - 12:01 PM

JOHOR BARU - Johor's food and beverage (F&B) industry has been affected by a decline in tourist arrivals from Singapore due to ongoing tensions between the city state and Malaysia as well as delays at the immigration, news portal The Malaysian Insight reported on Tuesday.

It said 10.62 million Singaporeans visited Malaysia last year, a drop of 14.7 per cent compared with 2017.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/johor-businesses-suffering-from-drop-in-singapore-visitors-report

....Tourism Malaysia director-general Musa Yusof previously said the declining number of tourist arrivals from Singapore could be due to the gridlock on the Causeway as well as Singaporeans' increasing preference for "new and different experiences".

This guy didn't know if we can clear the causeway in 30-45 mins, he need not worry about "new and different experiences"?

• Praise 3

siao liao .... waiting for retaliation ... pattern more than badminton

Wah....seriously? Reminds me during the 90s...that time jb kias motorbike kana round-up...now cars..

Hypersonic

PH promised sky, land and sea during election ... including ABOLISH TOLL ... muahahaha

after became government ... pattern more than badminton .... same same but different compare to BN

天下乌鸦一般黑。
  • Praise 1

(edited)

i was told that tour company give out packet rice to ah tiong tourist because the tour bus kena jam 3-4 hrs

then jb mp said ... such as disgrace ... at least bring the ah tiong tourist to restaurant sit down to eat

but he fail to recognise the jam 3-4 hrs is the PROBLEM ! [laugh] 

not packet rice versus restaurant

ah tiong china > singapore <> msia trip itinerary is sibei jam pack .... every minute counts

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement