Local actor Dai Peng passes away..

VellfireS

Local actor Dai Peng passed away two days ago (May 12) at the age of 75.

He had been diagnosed with lymphoma two weeks ago, the same cancer that fellow veteran Huang Wenyong had also suffered from.

About a month ago, Dai Peng, whose real name is Dai Dexin, told his son Dai Li Yao, 36, that he felt strange and lethargic, reported Shin Min Daily News.

Two weeks later, hospital tests on his bone marrow came back with his diagnosis: Lymphoma.

The doctor also told them the prognosis was not optimistic, and chemotherapy had to be done as soon as possible.

However, Dai Peng experienced side effects to the chemotherapy drugs, so treatment was stopped upon recommendation by the doctor.

Dai Peng had starred in MediaCorp dramas Kopi-O II and Driven By A Car, amongst others.

Mediacorp veteran Huang Wenyong had passed away earlier of the same cancer. He was 60 years old.

Source : http://www.lollipop.sg/stomp/lollipop/the_...assed_away.html

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Local actor Dai Peng passed away two days ago (May 12) at the age of 75.

He had been diagnosed with lymphoma two weeks ago, the same cancer that fellow veteran Huang Wenyong had also suffered from.

About a month ago, Dai Peng, whose real name is Dai Dexin, told his son Dai Li Yao, 36, that he felt strange and lethargic, reported Shin Min Daily News.

Two weeks later, hospital tests on his bone marrow came back with his diagnosis: Lymphoma.

The doctor also told them the prognosis was not optimistic, and chemotherapy had to be done as soon as possible.

However, Dai Peng experienced side effects to the chemotherapy drugs, so treatment was stopped upon recommendation by the doctor.

Dai Peng had starred in MediaCorp dramas Kopi-O II and Driven By A Car, amongst others.

Mediacorp veteran Huang Wenyong had passed away earlier of the same cancer. He was 60 years old.

Source : http://www.lollipop.sg/stomp/lollipop/the_...assed_away.html

I will forever remember first scene of Kopi-O and Dai Peng was in it. He was trying to squeeze the last bits of toothpaste from a tube that was almost finished. Was acting as a kiam kana.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Seems like this afflicts us guys more..will the regular string of tests in medical screenings be able to fish this out? As in blood tests, urine tests etc? People usually go for med screening once every 2 years..

Edited by Kyrios

Turbocharged

Would the basic health screening detect it? Anyway, I think in some cases, 2 years interval is not useful... that's already enough time for it to start and grow severe enough to be almost fatal.

Bottom-line is, don't stress too much. Eat healthy, get enough sleep. Last item is what is missing for most workers these days. Not many people really get 8 hours of sleep daily.

Turbocharged

Would the basic health screening detect it? Anyway, I think in some cases, 2 years interval is not useful... that's already enough time for it to start and grow severe enough to be almost fatal.

Bottom-line is, don't stress too much. Eat healthy, get enough sleep. Last item is what is missing for most workers these days. Not many people really get 8 hours of sleep daily.

I remember Dai Peng in kopi O, he was Ah liat's father in the show.

Supersonic

Sometimes even you go for health screening every year also doesnt mean 100% safe. I always feel it's time to go, you will go no matter what. Just take things easy and enjoy life while you can.

RIP Dai Peng Uncle... -_-

Bros here who subscribe to MIO TV can catch the re-runs of Kopi-O and Kopi-O 2 on the on-demand channel.

A very memorable show... [:)]

Supersonic

passed away 2 weeks after diagnoised...cancer kills fast!!

Depends how you see it, sometimes it might be good for the person to go fast cause no need to suffer much. I feel that suffering is the worst and scary thing to get.

Anyway, RIP.

Turbocharged

RIP Dai Peng Uncle... -_-

Bros here who subscribe to MIO TV can catch the re-runs of Kopi-O and Kopi-O 2 on the on-demand channel.

A very memorable show... [:)]

got Kopi O 2??

aiyoh...... Uncle Dai Peng long time never appear on tv liao..... no news of him for so long, now got news, yet is this kind of news..... [:(] [:(] [:(]

RIP

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yup...just took this pic on on tv...

is a continuation of the first part shown in 1985.

oh... i must have missed that drama last time

anyway part II of Kopi-O should be named kopi -C or Kopi-Peng [laugh]

(PS: how come the word kopi -C is banned???)

Edited by Scion
↡ Advertisement