Hydrocarbon Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Don't bother to explain too much lah. The way I see his message, he is biting on the error in measurement and trying to discredit the show bcos of that. Frankly speaking, who will bother to remember the numbers after watching the show. If u ask me, I can't remember the numbers after 5 mins. It is the overview and the take away message that matters. Haha, normally I give people benefit of doubt one. Yeah, I didn't remember the numbers too, just the take away. But I like the start of the show, which touched a little about the middle class merchants, not being blue blooded to be royals, but way richer than the peasants, and maybe, even some of the royals. I'd like to learn more about that too. Quite interesting. I don't mind being that kind of middle class. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobby_tan 1st Gear July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 (edited) If u say no rise in pay. Then u have to look inward already. Was it the system or was it yourself?? If u say things keep rising beyond the pay raise. Then yes it's a valid argument. Ok, then you look at the prices of everything. It rises every year right? Do you have pay raise every year? As for the raise, do you do your job well? Have you ever gotten complaint before? The situation now is that diligent employees who have been working well for years in the same company don't have a single pay raise. Worse, they get replaced by a cheaper FT as is the trend now. Edited July 1, 2013 by Bobby_tan Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Ok, then you look at the prices of everything. It rises every year right? Do you have pay raise every year? I have pay rise every year. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobby_tan 1st Gear July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 I have pay rise every year. Then ur one of the lucky ones. Most companies don't offer pay raise every year. Actually, most don't even give pay raise even if an employee's KPI is super hi for the year. And is your pay raise in the 1000s? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Then ur one of the lucky ones. Most companies don't offer pay raise every year. Actually, most don't even give pay raise even if an employee's KPI is super hi for the year. And is your pay raise in the 1000s? I work in 5 company in a short span of 10 years. All company I work in give increment every year. I don't know how you go about doing job hunt. But for me, I make a check on the company including whether they give increment every year. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roh96 6th Gear July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Follow the advice of investment guru Jim Rogers: "Never follow the herd. Always go the oppositve way." Obviously only a few smart ones are listening. That's bcos it is hard not to follow the herd, and it is even harder to go the opposite way. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobby_tan 1st Gear July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 I work in 5 company in a short span of 10 years. All company I work in give increment every year. I don't know how you go about doing job hunt. But for me, I make a check on the company including whether they give increment every year. Most companies don't offer a confirmed raise in the job package. My previous 2 firms never offered this, and my current one actually doesn't but it has AWS. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Most companies don't offer a confirmed raise in the job package. My previous 2 firms never offered this, and my current one actually doesn't but it has AWS. That is why you need to check. They won't state it in the employment contract. But you can find out through contact. Or ask the hr during interview. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
13177 Hypersonic July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 I work in 5 company in a short span of 10 years. All company I work in give increment every year. I don't know how you go about doing job hunt. But for me, I make a check on the company including whether they give increment every year. Increment also must see how much lo. Some company give less than $100 in every increment, so even if you work there for 5-10 years, total increment doesnt even exceed $500. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobby_tan 1st Gear July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 That is why you need to check. They won't state it in the employment contract. But you can find out through contact. Or ask the hr during interview. Yah lah this one everyone know what. You ask they will just tell you flat out 'no'. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bobby_tan 1st Gear July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Increment also must see how much lo. Some company give less than $100 in every increment, so even if you work there for 5-10 years, total increment doesnt even exceed $500. True. Most companies that do hand out raise usually only pay within the region of 100-300 a year. If u lucky or you are 'Paul Lampard' then you got about 400-600 lor. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Increment also must see how much lo. Some company give less than $100 in every increment, so even if you work there for 5-10 years, total increment doesnt even exceed $500. You are correct. But you must also see ur basic. If its 1k. U think they will give 100 dollar?? That is why early part of career in Singapore need to jump here and there mah. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Yah lah this one everyone know what. You ask they will just tell you flat out 'no'. That is when u decided if u want to work for them if they don't give increment. Interview and probation period is for both interviewer and interviewee to see if they match their requirement. If u want increment every year better look for one which tell u that normally they will have every year. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Acemundo Supercharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 tell me about it. last time I got only $50 increment. my expectation was much higher because the dept head that hired me promised the moon about increments and in fact I had accepted a role much bigger than the one I was interviewed for. I just despise hiring managers who will just about lie to get their targeted candidates to join the company. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 tell me about it. last time I got only $50 increment. my expectation was much higher because the dept head that hired me promised the moon about increments and in fact I had accepted a role much bigger than the one I was interviewed for. I just despise hiring managers who will just about lie to get their targeted candidates to join the company. Those are really manager that Don't deserve us to serve. I believe you quit your job after that? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RadX Moderator July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 i dunno abe middle income...but i hav emid-life crisis..... when i hav ethat, i normally buy things.......sian.....next might be the boat.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Acemundo Supercharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 Those are really manager that Don't deserve us to serve. I believe you quit your job after that? yep..........hehe...... where job is concerned nowadays, I always assess the character of the boss and culture of the company to help me decide whether to join the company. no point working for bosses or companies where integrity is not in the culture. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 1, 2013 Share July 1, 2013 yep..........hehe...... where job is concerned nowadays, I always assess the character of the boss and culture of the company to help me decide whether to join the company. no point working for bosses or companies where integrity is not in the culture. Yeah agree. On my third job. The boss con me and tell me. As long as I complete my work. No OT. Cause I previously come from a company where the boss like me to stay around in company until 8pm even if I got nothing to do. End up join that company.. The culture is the same... Stay for the sack of staying. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)
2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)
2019 Mercedes A class (W177) and Sedan (V177)
2019 Mercedes A class (W177) and Sedan (V177)
Mercedes G Class
Mercedes G Class
Mercedes Coupe E class Coupe C124 (1987 to 1996)
Mercedes Coupe E class Coupe C124 (1987 to 1996)
Mercedes C class W204 (Facelift) Reliability
Mercedes C class W204 (Facelift) Reliability
Mercedes W211 E class fuel leak problem - Widespread issue!
Mercedes W211 E class fuel leak problem - Widespread issue!
How to tell if someone is high or low class?
How to tell if someone is high or low class?
Good-Class Bungalow in the sky
Good-Class Bungalow in the sky