teomingern Supercharged May 29, 2016 Share May 29, 2016 Thks bro. You must be enjoying every minute of yr drive with the levorg now!. According to SE, FC average 11k/L. Did you manage to get that? Its a mid size sedan eqvivalent sort of, so how does it compare to say a camry/accord/teana/sonata? Although looks is subjective, lervorg's unique look stands out on the road. Head turns when you see one. What's that car stares you will get from others! There is a video on youtube doing a comparison by a leading Japanese racing driver on 2 aspect, handling and safety. Results as follows; Car handling safety Levorg 2nd 1st Lexus CT-200 1st 2nd Mazda CX-5 2nd 3rd The Levorg is in between a 1.6 L and 2.0 L car size. Most 1.6 L are about 2600-2700 mm wheel base. Most 2.0 L are 2700-2800 mm wheel base. The Sonata, Accord, Passat are substantially more spacious than the Levorg. As for 11 km/L fuel consumption, you've got to be really careful with your driving. The AWD really saps power. And so you tend to step harder. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RedLevorg Neutral Newbie May 29, 2016 Share May 29, 2016 I also had bad experience with MI SE. They dun care about walk in customers. My friend recommended me to her friend in MI, service was much better. Do join our FB (Levorg Singapore) and whatsapp chat group. PM me. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
wheelogist 2nd Gear May 29, 2016 Share May 29, 2016 The Levorg is in between a 1.6 L and 2.0 L car size. Most 1.6 L are about 2600-2700 mm wheel base. Most 2.0 L are 2700-2800 mm wheel base. The Sonata, Accord, Passat are substantially more spacious than the Levorg. As for 11 km/L fuel consumption, you've got to be really careful with your driving. The AWD really saps power. And so you tend to step harder. I fully understand the slight size differences due to larger wheelbase dimention of 2.0 litr makes. I am refering more to the driving performance itself, like comfort/feel/stability stc. Last but not least, is it fun to drive compared to the rest mentioned. A short test drive will not tell, but owners who have driven it for a while will be able to comment.Thks. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
teomingern Supercharged May 29, 2016 Share May 29, 2016 I use to own a Impreza so I know what I'm talking about... the fuel consumption is really quite dreadful which is probably why they've switched to a CVT which is the same unit in the new Impreza I drove so Japan. Which means it still feels like a rubber band. Very annoying. Blunts the capabilities of the AWD chassis. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saablover 2nd Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 Wondering when is the STi version coming to our shore....... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Quantum 5th Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 (edited) Subaru AD very lousy. Been there 2 time nobody serve. Ask SE, he don't know rushing to laosai or what, said busy. Road show at Suntec the same. Looking at teh Levorg but all the SE simply just sit at the chair and chit chat. exactly, they become Lousy, share my experience with MI, I bought Forester 2 more years ago, that time Subaru had not too much market deals in Singapore, the SEs and service advisors all were very good attitude, and humbly entertained customers, now they have big share in market, the service advisors attitude also become very rude, and refused to do wheel alignment and declared it's not under warranty, actually my warranty 3 years not due and I did once alignment in MI one year ago under warranty, but I found it still is not so in line, last time service I requested to do again, they said its chargeable and warranty didn't cover this item and it might you hit road curb blah,blah...nonsense, I am very disappoint and advise you think twice before you sign dotted line with MI, because they are very small automobile manufacture, actually they are not capable to handle current so big deals in market, therefore lead to lousy before/aftermarket service, however Toyota, Honda, VW etc they have very strong business team to handle market share Edited May 30, 2016 by Quantum Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
wheelogist 2nd Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 "I use to own a Impreza so I know what I'm talking about... the fuel consumption is really quite dreadful which is probably why they've switched to a CVT which is the same unit in the new Impreza I drove so Japan. Which means it still feels like a rubber band. Very annoying. Blunts the capabilities of the AWD chassis." Well I think all AWD cars FC will definately be poorer than FW or RW drive type. I have also owned an impreza before and knows FC is not their strong point. However the road holding and stability AWD gives you even on wet roads is more than compensate the poorer FC. Because it translate into a much safer car to drive. I treasure my life more when I am driving than the higher FC. If one's main consideration is the best FC, pls go for hybrid car, or better still go for the new tesla electric car! To me, my main deciding factors are; 1, Stability/safety/reliability 2. exterior/interior design 3. comfort/features (electric handbrake/auto-hold etc) 4. Acceptable price and FC for the configuration. There is one critical question that most people do not ask when they are looking for a car. and that is : IS THE CAR SAFE TO DRIVE? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Quantum 5th Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 exactly, they become Lousy, share my experience with MI, I bought Forester 2 more years ago, that time Subaru had not too much market deals in Singapore, the SEs and service advisors all were very good attitude, and humbly entertained customers, now they have big share in market, the service advisors attitude also become very rude, and refused to do wheel alignment and declared it's not under warranty, actually my warranty 3 years not due and I did once alignment in MI one year ago under warranty, but I found it still is not so in line, last time service I requested to do again, they said its chargeable and warranty didn't cover this item and it might you hit road curb blah,blah...nonsense, I am very disappoint and advise you think twice before you sign dotted line with MI, because they are very small automobile manufacture, actually they are not capable to handle current so big deals in market, therefore lead to lousy before/aftermarket service, however Toyota, Honda, VW etc they have very strong business team to handle market share seriously? 1st time heard Warranty doesn't cover wheel alignment , normally if there is not obviously hit mark on undercarriage and rim, no accident occurred, wheel alignment definitely should under warranty, thinking I will switch my mind to Civic 1.5T liao, initially I am dilemma between Levorg and Civic 1.5T, looks like Subaru no experience to cater so many customers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
eugenegoh32 1st Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 Dear Subaru, I am writing this in Singapore. I am driving a Toyota Vios now but looking at changing to a new car and have set my eyes on the Subaru Outback after test-driving many cars in the market. However, I have huge difficulties dealing with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. Let me explain. The Subaru Singapore Sales Team do not allow customers to choose the sales person you are comfortable with to make the purchase. So for example, if you walk into the Subaru Showroom and decide to go for a test-drive, the person who happens to be at the desk to book you for a test-drive ends up being “ASSIGNED” to you. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Alpha”. After a few more visits to the showroom, you may have been familiar with another sales person because of the friendliness of the person. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Bravo”. To clarify, in Singapore, when purchasing a car, the customer would visit the showroom several times – why? Because the selling price of a Subaru Outback is between SGD$125,000 [uSD$90,600) – SGD$140,000 (local taxes is substantial). The ruling at Subaru Singapore is that you are tagged to Person “Alpha” and have to buy your vehicle from that person and cannot go with Person “Bravo”. Now, I would be most willing to purchase my vehicle from Person “Alpha” if the person is sales-oriented and customer-centric. BUT the problem is Person “Alpha” is NOT. The Person Alpha is Mr Jay Ng. I have booked for a Subaru Forester XT at the Singapore Car Show with Mr Jay Ng on 23 April 2016 and put down a SGD$10,000 deposit for it. I changed my mind after test-driving the Subaru Forester XT and cancelled the deal to get back my deposit. On the day of getting back my deposit, Mr Jay Ng, told me that I will be blacklisted and shall not be able to purchase any Subaru cars – for the next 3 months because it would be unfair to other customers. This is before I had the chance to explain to him that I am more interested in purchasing something else – which is of course, the Subaru Outback. But I did not express this the moment Mr Jay Ng told me I am blacklisted because his demeanor is not very friendly. I had the notion to re-visit Subaru Showroom in a few months’ time (once I am taken out of the blacklist) because of my desire to own a Subaru Outback. However, a week ago (23 May 2016), I received rumours that the Singapore Government may be changing the rules of purchasing a vehicle and I understand that this may inflat the prices of cars. I could not wait any longer (for my name to be taken off the blacklist) but to try to visit the Subaru Showroom to determine if I can purchase the Subaru Outback. This is when I met Sales Person “Bravo” – Mr Alister Lim. Mr Alister Lim was friendly and very patient when I was test-driving the Subaru Outback. However I did not tell him about the cancellation of purchase with Mr Jay Ng. Mr Alister Lim also threw in a few incentives like car accessories and add-ons to build up my enthusiaism for Subaru Outback – which was not offered to me by Mr Jay Ng. It took me a few days to make up my mind and decided to go to the Subaru Road Show with my friends and family, to meet Mr Alister Lim, to purchase the Subaru Outback on 27 May 2016 – but I did not expect the following to happen. When I reached the Subaru Road Show, I was not allowed to purchase the vehicle with the terms I have negotiated from Mr Alister Ng. Apparently Mr Alister Lim was made to answer to “Higher Ups” because he has taken a customer away from Mr Jay Ng. I was told (by Mr Alister Ng) that he will contact me on Saturday if the deal we initially discussed can go through. On Saturday morning, I was contacted by Mr Jay Ng. He told me on the phone that he is tagged to me and that I should not deal with Mr Alister Lim anymore. He also told me that the deal between Mr Alister Ng and me is off and now I will not be getting any incentives at all. No more car accessories. No more add-ons. He insisted that I have to live with it and buy the Subaru at the “Normal” price. He also added that there are many people at the Showroom right now because the government has changed the rules and I have many customers to talk to. He ended by saying if you are still interested in Subaru, then you better purchase it as the “Normal” price without any add-ons or freebies. I am saddened that the situation has to end this way and wanted to voice my dissatisfaction with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. If this is the way Subaru decides to do business in Singapore, then Subaru would end up with many disgruntled customers. Subaru could have sold more vehicles in Singapore because Subaru cars have been better designed than the other SUVs in the same category. Now I have no idea who to contact at Subaru – Mr Alister Lim is not answering to my messages or phonecall. I am also annoyed with Mr Jay Ng. And most critical of all, I have missed out on any savings. 5 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rachdanom 2nd Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 (edited) "I use to own a Impreza so I know what I'm talking about... the fuel consumption is really quite dreadful which is probably why they've switched to a CVT which is the same unit in the new Impreza I drove so Japan. Which means it still feels like a rubber band. Very annoying. Blunts the capabilities of the AWD chassis." Well I think all AWD cars FC will definately be poorer than FW or RW drive type. I have also owned an impreza before and knows FC is not their strong point. However the road holding and stability AWD gives you even on wet roads is more than compensate the poorer FC. Because it translate into a much safer car to drive. I treasure my life more when I am driving than the higher FC. If one's main consideration is the best FC, pls go for hybrid car, or better still go for the new tesla electric car! To me, my main deciding factors are; 1, Stability/safety/reliability 2. exterior/interior design 3. comfort/features (electric handbrake/auto-hold etc) 4. Acceptable price and FC for the configuration. There is one critical question that most people do not ask when they are looking for a car. and that is : IS THE CAR SAFE TO DRIVE? In fact safety is the reason I switched my mind (and wallet) from a Vezel to a Forester XT. Wanted a 1.5+ tonne car. FC penalized...but of course these 2 are not the only reasons for my choice. Edited May 30, 2016 by Rachdanom Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 In fact safety is the reason I switched my mind (and wallet) from a Vezel to a Forester XT. Wanted a 1.5+ tonne car. FC penalized...but of course these 2 are not the only reasons for my choice. Weight does not guaranted safety unless u intend to run over other vehicles. What's important is the design of safety zone. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MQX87511 5th Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 Dear Subaru, I am writing this in Singapore. I am driving a Toyota Vios now but looking at changing to a new car and have set my eyes on the Subaru Outback after test-driving many cars in the market. However, I have huge difficulties dealing with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. Let me explain. The Subaru Singapore Sales Team do not allow customers to choose the sales person you are comfortable with to make the purchase. So for example, if you walk into the Subaru Showroom and decide to go for a test-drive, the person who happens to be at the desk to book you for a test-drive ends up being “ASSIGNED” to you. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Alpha”. After a few more visits to the showroom, you may have been familiar with another sales person because of the friendliness of the person. Let’s call this person Subaru Sales Person “Bravo”. To clarify, in Singapore, when purchasing a car, the customer would visit the showroom several times – why? Because the selling price of a Subaru Outback is between SGD$125,000 [uSD$90,600) – SGD$140,000 (local taxes is substantial). The ruling at Subaru Singapore is that you are tagged to Person “Alpha” and have to buy your vehicle from that person and cannot go with Person “Bravo”. Now, I would be most willing to purchase my vehicle from Person “Alpha” if the person is sales-oriented and customer-centric. BUT the problem is Person “Alpha” is NOT. The Person Alpha is Mr Jay Ng. I have booked for a Subaru Forester XT at the Singapore Car Show with Mr Jay Ng on 23 April 2016 and put down a SGD$10,000 deposit for it. I changed my mind after test-driving the Subaru Forester XT and cancelled the deal to get back my deposit. On the day of getting back my deposit, Mr Jay Ng, told me that I will be blacklisted and shall not be able to purchase any Subaru cars – for the next 3 months because it would be unfair to other customers. This is before I had the chance to explain to him that I am more interested in purchasing something else – which is of course, the Subaru Outback. But I did not express this the moment Mr Jay Ng told me I am blacklisted because his demeanor is not very friendly. I had the notion to re-visit Subaru Showroom in a few months’ time (once I am taken out of the blacklist) because of my desire to own a Subaru Outback. However, a week ago (23 May 2016), I received rumours that the Singapore Government may be changing the rules of purchasing a vehicle and I understand that this may inflat the prices of cars. I could not wait any longer (for my name to be taken off the blacklist) but to try to visit the Subaru Showroom to determine if I can purchase the Subaru Outback. This is when I met Sales Person “Bravo” – Mr Alister Lim. Mr Alister Lim was friendly and very patient when I was test-driving the Subaru Outback. However I did not tell him about the cancellation of purchase with Mr Jay Ng. Mr Alister Lim also threw in a few incentives like car accessories and add-ons to build up my enthusiaism for Subaru Outback – which was not offered to me by Mr Jay Ng. It took me a few days to make up my mind and decided to go to the Subaru Road Show with my friends and family, to meet Mr Alister Lim, to purchase the Subaru Outback on 27 May 2016 – but I did not expect the following to happen. When I reached the Subaru Road Show, I was not allowed to purchase the vehicle with the terms I have negotiated from Mr Alister Ng. Apparently Mr Alister Lim was made to answer to “Higher Ups” because he has taken a customer away from Mr Jay Ng. I was told (by Mr Alister Ng) that he will contact me on Saturday if the deal we initially discussed can go through. On Saturday morning, I was contacted by Mr Jay Ng. He told me on the phone that he is tagged to me and that I should not deal with Mr Alister Lim anymore. He also told me that the deal between Mr Alister Ng and me is off and now I will not be getting any incentives at all. No more car accessories. No more add-ons. He insisted that I have to live with it and buy the Subaru at the “Normal” price. He also added that there are many people at the Showroom right now because the government has changed the rules and I have many customers to talk to. He ended by saying if you are still interested in Subaru, then you better purchase it as the “Normal” price without any add-ons or freebies. I am saddened that the situation has to end this way and wanted to voice my dissatisfaction with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. If this is the way Subaru decides to do business in Singapore, then Subaru would end up with many disgruntled customers. Subaru could have sold more vehicles in Singapore because Subaru cars have been better designed than the other SUVs in the same category. Now I have no idea who to contact at Subaru – Mr Alister Lim is not answering to my messages or phonecall. I am also annoyed with Mr Jay Ng. And most critical of all, I have missed out on any savings. if i'm not wrong, Mr Jay Ng is Mr Alister Lim's boss, therefore Ng threaten Lim dont answer your call to punish your order cancellation, if you still want to buy Subaru, I think you can ask your wife or some other relatives on behalf you to liaise MI, 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
wheelogist 2nd Gear May 30, 2016 Share May 30, 2016 Dear Subaru, I am writing this in Singapore. I am driving a Toyota Vios now but looking at changing to a new car and have set my eyes on the Subaru Outback after test-driving many cars in the market. However, I have huge difficulties dealing with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. Let me explain. The Subaru Singapore Sales Team do not allow customers to choose the sales person you are comfortable with to make the purchase. So for example, if you walk into the Subaru Showroom and decide to go for a test-drive, the person who happens to be at the desk to book you for a test-drive ends up being âASSIGNEDâ to you. Letâs call this person Subaru Sales Person âAlphaâ. After a few more visits to the showroom, you may have been familiar with another sales person because of the friendliness of the person. Letâs call this person Subaru Sales Person âBravoâ. To clarify, in Singapore, when purchasing a car, the customer would visit the showroom several times â why? Because the selling price of a Subaru Outback is between SGD$125,000 [uSD$90,600) â SGD$140,000 (local taxes is substantial). The ruling at Subaru Singapore is that you are tagged to Person âAlphaâ and have to buy your vehicle from that person and cannot go with Person âBravoâ. Now, I would be most willing to purchase my vehicle from Person âAlphaâ if the person is sales-oriented and customer-centric. BUT the problem is Person âAlphaâ is NOT. The Person Alpha is Mr Jay Ng. I have booked for a Subaru Forester XT at the Singapore Car Show with Mr Jay Ng on 23 April 2016 and put down a SGD$10,000 deposit for it. I changed my mind after test-driving the Subaru Forester XT and cancelled the deal to get back my deposit. On the day of getting back my deposit, Mr Jay Ng, told me that I will be blacklisted and shall not be able to purchase any Subaru cars â for the next 3 months because it would be unfair to other customers. This is before I had the chance to explain to him that I am more interested in purchasing something else â which is of course, the Subaru Outback. But I did not express this the moment Mr Jay Ng told me I am blacklisted because his demeanor is not very friendly. I had the notion to re-visit Subaru Showroom in a few monthsâ time (once I am taken out of the blacklist) because of my desire to own a Subaru Outback. However, a week ago (23 May 2016), I received rumours that the Singapore Government may be changing the rules of purchasing a vehicle and I understand that this may inflat the prices of cars. I could not wait any longer (for my name to be taken off the blacklist) but to try to visit the Subaru Showroom to determine if I can purchase the Subaru Outback. This is when I met Sales Person âBravoâ â Mr Alister Lim. Mr Alister Lim was friendly and very patient when I was test-driving the Subaru Outback. However I did not tell him about the cancellation of purchase with Mr Jay Ng. Mr Alister Lim also threw in a few incentives like car accessories and add-ons to build up my enthusiaism for Subaru Outback â which was not offered to me by Mr Jay Ng. It took me a few days to make up my mind and decided to go to the Subaru Road Show with my friends and family, to meet Mr Alister Lim, to purchase the Subaru Outback on 27 May 2016 â but I did not expect the following to happen. When I reached the Subaru Road Show, I was not allowed to purchase the vehicle with the terms I have negotiated from Mr Alister Ng. Apparently Mr Alister Lim was made to answer to âHigher Upsâ because he has taken a customer away from Mr Jay Ng. I was told (by Mr Alister Ng) that he will contact me on Saturday if the deal we initially discussed can go through. On Saturday morning, I was contacted by Mr Jay Ng. He told me on the phone that he is tagged to me and that I should not deal with Mr Alister Lim anymore. He also told me that the deal between Mr Alister Ng and me is off and now I will not be getting any incentives at all. No more car accessories. No more add-ons. He insisted that I have to live with it and buy the Subaru at the âNormalâ price. He also added that there are many people at the Showroom right now because the government has changed the rules and I have many customers to talk to. He ended by saying if you are still interested in Subaru, then you better purchase it as the âNormalâ price without any add-ons or freebies. I am saddened that the situation has to end this way and wanted to voice my dissatisfaction with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. If this is the way Subaru decides to do business in Singapore, then Subaru would end up with many disgruntled customers. Subaru could have sold more vehicles in Singapore because Subaru cars have been better designed than the other SUVs in the same category. Now I have no idea who to contact at Subaru â Mr Alister Lim is not answering to my messages or phonecall. I am also annoyed with Mr Jay Ng. And most critical of all, I have missed out on any savings. Buying car is a big ticket item in singapore. We are talking about 100+k investment. Such treatment fm AD is not acceptable. Their internal issue is not our problem.Suggest you sent yr complain to Subaru corp. In Japan and cc to CEO of MI. Japanese co. fear customer complain most. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RedLevorg Neutral Newbie May 31, 2016 Share May 31, 2016 Eugenegoh32,it seems like it's MI policy with regards to the sales person arrangements. Like wheelogist said best to feedback direct to Japan on this matter. I faced the same situation also, so end day purchase under wife name. Problem solved. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sicko Neutral Newbie May 31, 2016 Share May 31, 2016 Dear Subaru, I am writing this in Singapore. I am driving a Toyota Vios now but looking at changing to a new car and have set my eyes on the Subaru Outback after test-driving many cars in the market. However, I have huge difficulties dealing with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. Let me explain. The Subaru Singapore Sales Team do not allow customers to choose the sales person you are comfortable with to make the purchase. So for example, if you walk into the Subaru Showroom and decide to go for a test-drive, the person who happens to be at the desk to book you for a test-drive ends up being âASSIGNEDâ to you. Letâs call this person Subaru Sales Person âAlphaâ. After a few more visits to the showroom, you may have been familiar with another sales person because of the friendliness of the person. Letâs call this person Subaru Sales Person âBravoâ. To clarify, in Singapore, when purchasing a car, the customer would visit the showroom several times â why? Because the selling price of a Subaru Outback is between SGD$125,000 [uSD$90,600) â SGD$140,000 (local taxes is substantial). The ruling at Subaru Singapore is that you are tagged to Person âAlphaâ and have to buy your vehicle from that person and cannot go with Person âBravoâ. Now, I would be most willing to purchase my vehicle from Person âAlphaâ if the person is sales-oriented and customer-centric. BUT the problem is Person âAlphaâ is NOT. The Person Alpha is Mr Jay Ng. I have booked for a Subaru Forester XT at the Singapore Car Show with Mr Jay Ng on 23 April 2016 and put down a SGD$10,000 deposit for it. I changed my mind after test-driving the Subaru Forester XT and cancelled the deal to get back my deposit. On the day of getting back my deposit, Mr Jay Ng, told me that I will be blacklisted and shall not be able to purchase any Subaru cars â for the next 3 months because it would be unfair to other customers. This is before I had the chance to explain to him that I am more interested in purchasing something else â which is of course, the Subaru Outback. But I did not express this the moment Mr Jay Ng told me I am blacklisted because his demeanor is not very friendly. I had the notion to re-visit Subaru Showroom in a few monthsâ time (once I am taken out of the blacklist) because of my desire to own a Subaru Outback. However, a week ago (23 May 2016), I received rumours that the Singapore Government may be changing the rules of purchasing a vehicle and I understand that this may inflat the prices of cars. I could not wait any longer (for my name to be taken off the blacklist) but to try to visit the Subaru Showroom to determine if I can purchase the Subaru Outback. This is when I met Sales Person âBravoâ â Mr Alister Lim. Mr Alister Lim was friendly and very patient when I was test-driving the Subaru Outback. However I did not tell him about the cancellation of purchase with Mr Jay Ng. Mr Alister Lim also threw in a few incentives like car accessories and add-ons to build up my enthusiaism for Subaru Outback â which was not offered to me by Mr Jay Ng. It took me a few days to make up my mind and decided to go to the Subaru Road Show with my friends and family, to meet Mr Alister Lim, to purchase the Subaru Outback on 27 May 2016 â but I did not expect the following to happen. When I reached the Subaru Road Show, I was not allowed to purchase the vehicle with the terms I have negotiated from Mr Alister Ng. Apparently Mr Alister Lim was made to answer to âHigher Upsâ because he has taken a customer away from Mr Jay Ng. I was told (by Mr Alister Ng) that he will contact me on Saturday if the deal we initially discussed can go through. On Saturday morning, I was contacted by Mr Jay Ng. He told me on the phone that he is tagged to me and that I should not deal with Mr Alister Lim anymore. He also told me that the deal between Mr Alister Ng and me is off and now I will not be getting any incentives at all. No more car accessories. No more add-ons. He insisted that I have to live with it and buy the Subaru at the âNormalâ price. He also added that there are many people at the Showroom right now because the government has changed the rules and I have many customers to talk to. He ended by saying if you are still interested in Subaru, then you better purchase it as the âNormalâ price without any add-ons or freebies. I am saddened that the situation has to end this way and wanted to voice my dissatisfaction with the Subaru Singapore Sales Team. If this is the way Subaru decides to do business in Singapore, then Subaru would end up with many disgruntled customers. Subaru could have sold more vehicles in Singapore because Subaru cars have been better designed than the other SUVs in the same category. Now I have no idea who to contact at Subaru â Mr Alister Lim is not answering to my messages or phonecall. I am also annoyed with Mr Jay Ng. And most critical of all, I have missed out on any savings. Good business = F+×# up SEBad experience with one SE at suntec over the weekend as well. Told him my budget over the phone and he tell me to go suntec and discuss f2f so that it is easier for him negotiate with his boss. Went down but he presented me the normal roadshow price, told him i will not take up and requested for him to talk to his boss. But he claimed that he already done that but was rejected. Offered me a pathetic discount from his "own pocket". As it was still far apart from my demand, i told him i need to consider and will return after a walk. He then tabled a final improve offer which is still miles from my demand. Even told me that is final and no need to walk around and return as he wont entertain. A take it immediately or leave it offer. Immediately i rejected him, walk off and bought from another brand 2 hours later. Offer from other brand was not fantastic but at least their service and reply was not so rude and yaya. By the way, their showroom wss packed with potential buyers as well. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rachdanom 2nd Gear May 31, 2016 Share May 31, 2016 Good business = F+×# up SE Bad experience with one SE at suntec over the weekend as well. Told him my budget over the phone and he tell me to go suntec and discuss f2f so that it is easier for him negotiate with his boss. Went down but he presented me the normal roadshow price, told him i will not take up and requested for him to talk to his boss. But he claimed that he already done that but was rejected. Offered me a pathetic discount from his "own pocket". As it was still far apart from my demand, i told him i need to consider and will return after a walk. He then tabled a final improve offer which is still miles from my demand. Even told me that is final and no need to walk around and return as he wont entertain. A take it immediately or leave it offer. Immediately i rejected him, walk off and bought from another brand 2 hours later. Offer from other brand was not fantastic but at least their service and reply was not so rude and yaya. By the way, their showroom wss packed with potential buyers as well. Bro, hard for us to appreciate the situation without the prices quoted and what you expect. They dont meet your demanded price doesn't mean bad company. Not defending MI or saying you should post the prices.... Also, i assume you were also keen on the other brand or else to make a 100k-ish decision just on one or two staff attitude to me is not a wise move. Anyway now just enjoy your new ride la :-) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sicko Neutral Newbie May 31, 2016 Share May 31, 2016 (edited) Just don't like the way the SE do business. Trying to force the customer by giving ultimatum. Even forester is my first choice for quite sometime, but i am not willing to buy from someone with this ^#€=&$ attitude. Rather go for next best option. Thats why i said one man meat is anothers poison. Anyway i will enjoy my new ride once here, hopefully secure on first bid. Am sure all bros here will enjoy the XT ride too.... Edited May 31, 2016 by Sicko Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hamburger Hypersonic May 31, 2016 Share May 31, 2016 there are many SW out there, not only subalu. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Artificial Intelligence /AI revolution - The next Revolution
Artificial Intelligence /AI revolution - The next Revolution
Crazy weather in Singapore ?
Crazy weather in Singapore ?
OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion
OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion
National Service in Singapore
National Service in Singapore
SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion
SIM Only Mobile Plans Discussion
Marathons in Singapore
Marathons in Singapore
Paper exposing internal leaks for Civil servants to make property purchases near to upcoming MRTs
Paper exposing internal leaks for Civil servants to make property purchases near to upcoming MRTs
Singapore Property Scene Discussion
Singapore Property Scene Discussion