Damienic 5th Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 Do not be fooled by them. They know coe will not hit such prices hence they loot in high amount making you think they very sincere..since any difference they get back.. If you see their previous biddings they probably just put on show only....sincere agents are usually those that bid on first bid and get for you liao. Yep mine is the first and guaranteed bid. I guess that is why they have to bid high as they promised end of the month delivery ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Micb 5th Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 They bidded 58XXX 3 times when i bought the car at 106XXX. After i topup 6k when the COE was $66590 they continue to bid 58XXX for me. Whats the point of me topping up and wasting my time if i can only secure the car if COE drops below 58K? I guess only a matter of time where they will go get it for you. No choice, wait for the next exercise. Based on the Cat A number of bids this round. it may be coming down. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrmilktooth Supercharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 does it mean this weekend if i go showroom alot ppl make it like wet market?.. lol.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wildfaye29 Turbocharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 (edited) I think showrooms will be crowded this weekend! Plus a 3 week wait for next COE! Edited June 17, 2015 by Wildfaye29 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Coltplussport Turbocharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 They bidded 58XXX 3 times when i bought the car at 106XXX. After i topup 6k when the COE was $66590 they continue to bid 58XXX for me. Whats the point of me topping up and wasting my time if i can only secure the car if COE drops below 58K? Cost of Altis elegant is about $100k according to sgcarmartwith COE at $61k. With a profit of around $13k they also don't want to do business while hyundai settle @ $9k profit per car. Think business at toyota too good. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Andyngps 5th Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 Yep mine is the first and guaranteed bid. I guess that is why they have to bid high as they promised end of the month delivery Congrats bro! I think showrooms will be crowded this weekend! Plus a 3 week wait for next COE! May or may not since price of cars may not change except for those without cevs to begin with. Komoco bidded $67398 for me, cat A Congrats bro. Swee swee get rebate. They bidded 58XXX 3 times when i bought the car at 106XXX. After i topup 6k when the COE was $66590 they continue to bid 58XXX for me. Whats the point of me topping up and wasting my time if i can only secure the car if COE drops below 58K? Please tell me which agent or PI so that i can siam.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ivan_06 5th Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 (edited) Cost of Altis elegant is about $100k according to sgcarmartwith COE at $61k. With a profit of around $13k they also don't want to do business while hyundai settle @ $9k profit per car. Think business at toyota too good. One thing I dun like about Toyota is that the SE look people no up. When I drove my 9+ toyota vios and went in with my young family. No SE gave me a glance. I was there molesting the car and helping myself and my famoly. The SEs were quite free. Some were playing with hp but no one came forward to assist me though we looked at their direction. My wife was telling me since toyota doesn't want to do business why be so thick skinned. Ended up we drove over to Mazda. The SEs were good. Immediately before I opened the door, one SE attended to me and was very detailed in explanation and not pushy. But the price didn't match my psychological barrier of $100k after all in and I even test drove it. I ended up texting him every now and then to see if price has reduced. He followed up promptly. Then by chance, happened to know that hyundai has brought accent manual in. Was just glancing to see got any deal, likewise the SE came up to me and attended to my needs. Told me it's $96988 with 3 years servicing, 1 year road tax. Freebies can be negotiated. Rebate at 67k. She was very sincere and genuine, the test drive was very good. But still I ended up walking away as I do not like to sign on the spot. The price was beyond my psychological value of $100k. When I reached home, she was still texting me and gave me a courtesy call where I told her I will sleep over it. Thought through the night, ended up brought family down for second test drive. Reconfirmed the reason for buying. And there you have it. The SE even came back specially on her off day to secure the deal. And there you have it :) Edited June 17, 2015 by Ivan_06 4 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Weezersg 3rd Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 Watching the COE trend more exciting then stock market 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Coltplussport Turbocharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 One thing I dun like about Toyota is that the SE look people no up. When I drove my 9+ toyota vios and went in with my young family. No SE gave me a glance. I was there molesting the car and helping myself and my famoly. The SEs were quite free. Some were playing with hp but no one came forward to assist me though we looked at their direction. My wife was telling me since toyota doesn't want to do business why be so thick skinned. Ended up we drove over to Mazda. The SEs were good. Immediately before I opened the door, one SE attended to me and was very detailed in explanation and not pushy. But the price didn't match my psychological barrier of $100k after all in and I even test drove it. I ended up texting him every now and then to see if price has reduced. He followed up promptly. Then by chance, happened to know that hyundai has brought accent manual in. Was just glancing to see got any deal, likewise the SE came up to me and attended to my needs. Told me it's $96988 with 3 years servicing, 1 year road tax. Freebies can be negotiated. Rebate at 67k. She was very sincere and genuine, the test drive was very good. But still I ended up walking away as I do not like to sign on the spot. The price was beyond my psychological value of $100k. When I reached home, she was still texting me and gave me a courtesy call where I told her I will sleep over it. Thought through the night, ended up brought family down for second test drive. Reconfirmed the reason for buying. And there you have it. The SE even came back specially on her off day to secure the deal. And there you have it :) Can feel how happy you are at the moment!!! Enjoy your car. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackyv Turbocharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 Volkswagen Jetta will be greatly affected as no more $10k CEVS rebate. That means the car will be more expensive even the COE lower by $5k? who cares... 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ticklish8 3rd Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 This is what I wrote in May... As a follow up to my observation previously. 1) There are 2,351 bids in the latest bidding, compare with 2,891 bids. It means booking from the Car Expo and the led up to the CEVS changes have been largely fulfilled. Still outstanding is the CNY bid. Most of those buyers, will have their deposit return by their respective ADS -- IE Borneo Motors and Eurokars as Mazda3 and Toyota Altis is the 3 top car sold this year. 2) The correction come much earlier than my estimate in 2nd bidding in Jun. Next bidding, buyers will still sit out to see how much lower it will go in the next bid in Jun. I won't be surprise the correction will be bigger than $2-3k. 3) If you see the bidding pattern.... The prices technically start around $60k. So the $60k level will hold in the short term. 4) I believe AD/PI will absorbs some of the CEVS offset in the coming month. So if you willing to wait until July, I think you will get a better price then. Caveat Emptor. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky2007 Turbocharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 who cares... even if price drop by another 20k also got to risk taking leave for the gearbox.. Think got 10% probability of visiting workshop frequently hahaha.. Jay be wrong, no malice intent. Jetta owners don't be angry with me. Just my perception after reading all the posts on VW Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angcheek Hypersonic June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 who cares... I think it will save alot of heartaches ...... hahaha 2 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nissan833 5th Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 One thing I dun like about Toyota is that the SE look people no up. When I drove my 9+ toyota vios and went in with my young family. No SE gave me a glance. I was there molesting the car and helping myself and my famoly. The SEs were quite free. Some were playing with hp but no one came forward to assist me though we looked at their direction. My wife was telling me since toyota doesn't want to do business why be so thick skinned. Ended up we drove over to Mazda. The SEs were good. Immediately before I opened the door, one SE attended to me and was very detailed in explanation and not pushy. But the price didn't match my psychological barrier of $100k after all in and I even test drove it. I ended up texting him every now and then to see if price has reduced. He followed up promptly. Then by chance, happened to know that hyundai has brought accent manual in. Was just glancing to see got any deal, likewise the SE came up to me and attended to my needs. Told me it's $96988 with 3 years servicing, 1 year road tax. Freebies can be negotiated. Rebate at 67k. She was very sincere and genuine, the test drive was very good. But still I ended up walking away as I do not like to sign on the spot. The price was beyond my psychological value of $100k. When I reached home, she was still texting me and gave me a courtesy call where I told her I will sleep over it. Thought through the night, ended up brought family down for second test drive. Reconfirmed the reason for buying. And there you have it. The SE even came back specially on her off day to secure the deal. And there you have it :) Sometimes these SE start their customer profiling before they even walk into the showroom.. by looking at what car you drove to the showroom. Lol Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackyv Turbocharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 just wondering, since garmen like to tie every damn thing to SG50 (like giving special SG50 bonus to civil servant), will we see Cat-A at 50K , cat-B at 50K and cat-E at 50K also on GE week??.. hehe Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
7hm Turbocharged June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 (edited) just wondering, since garmen like to tie every damn thing to SG50 (like giving special SG50 bonus to civil servant), will we see Cat-A at 50K , cat-B at 50K and cat-E at 50K also on GE week??.. hehe don't think such a thing will happen... maybe SG50 $50 road tax rebate edit: ... actually hor even this kind won't happen, they will say they already give 50% off road tax because of petrol duty up up we are already the people govt don't want to have... people who drive car and they dont want us to have car but must let us have car anyway Edited June 17, 2015 by 7hm Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Limwsv 5th Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 Where's Yoyo and his update to his chart? He got his car? Anyway, a Corolla Altis is still going to be 120K , although COE drops 5K, CEVS gain 5K. Next bloc of cstomers will still not bite... I know I won't. I am happy with my bicycle, slimming down and getting fitter now. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Privacy 5th Gear June 17, 2015 Share June 17, 2015 120k..can do alot of things...12k a year, can fly you and your partner to europe for a 2 weeks trip... :) ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
LTA reviewing COE system to improve categorisation of cars
LTA reviewing COE system to improve categorisation of cars
COE Bidding – Jun 2026
COE Bidding – Jun 2026
Sell by bidding - BEST price from 500 car dealers in 1 day
Sell by bidding - BEST price from 500 car dealers in 1 day
Exercise and losing weight Thread deleted?
Exercise and losing weight Thread deleted?
2015 Forester 2.0
2015 Forester 2.0
COE Bidding - May 2026
COE Bidding - May 2026
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
Kia Carens 2015: all new 7-seater arrives
COE Bidding – Jan 2026
COE Bidding – Jan 2026