Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Hi all, hope all Attrage owners and owners to be are doing well.

I've just came back on a 500+km road trip to the north and back.

5 full passenger. Consist of 3 adults and 2 teenage. Trunk full with cloths and stuffs.

Well to those who doubt if the Attrage can perform and sustain the drive...

I'm proud to say it didn't let me and my family down.

Didn't really calculate the FC. As usual went in with full tank and only top up once when returning at Yong Peng and tank still with 1/4.

Travelling in highway and smaller town mix.

Speed about 90-100km/h on average.

Aircon fan at 2 to 4 bar at 23-25 deg.

Did some overtaking.

Speed can go 120 no problem. But I didn't as I'm following my bro's car and he is not a fast driver hence only went up to 110 couple times. I feel our Attrage won't lose out to my bro's Honda Fit...

Of course there is some downside to the Attrage... suspension can really feel the hit when hitting the bumps and holes and once brake and accelerate back can feel the engine straining to pick up. But once it pick up back the speed it's smooth ride again.

Overall I'm very please with how my Attrage performed. Definitely a car worth for its price tag.

Side note. Notice there isn't much Attrage up in the north... perhaps the price don't justify in north whereby cars there are more affordable hence ppl own better cars there. But for us here I think it's really out perform and clear any doubts of its performance for me.

I've driven golf while in UK and did road trip from south UK to Edinburgh and Fort Williams. Driven Camry in Perth and did road trip in south west Australia. Driven Vauxhall wagon in Melbourne trip and also driven Ford Focus up to Cameron Highland from Sg. Definitely there are few good cars above but Attrage don't feel lose out much... in a way Attrage definitely have a feel plus point compare to those drive I've experienced before...

This is purely my opinion and maybe others won't agree with me. But ya I'm a happy Attrage owner.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Collected in July 2018 so it's a little over 8 months now. Daily commute for around 6-70km. Aircon is always at 25 degree celsius. I don't keep a tight record but I know mine had never fallen below 12km/l per tank with my best performance at around 14.5km/l. 

Best cruising speed is at 80km/h which I will consistently achieve 20km/l - this is tested over several months at 5am on Saturday mornings where there is little traffic, no unnecessary braking, etc when I cruise from Woodlands all the way to East Coast. If I rev to keep up at 100km/h, consumption will drop to around 17-18km/l for the trip. 

Question - does anyone have a problem with the clock in their ICE? Doesn't matter if I set to auto sync with radio system or not, the clock will eventually run faster and faster hitting about 5 mins faster after 6-7 weeks so I have to reset it every couple of months. 

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Hi sifus.

Just took my car last week. Enjoying my new ride. Just wonder since there is no speed lock, any idea anything i can do? Thanks in advanced!

• Praise 1

5 full passenger. Consist of 3 adults and 2 teenage. Trunk full with cloths and stuffs.

Didn't really calculate the FC. As usual went in with full tank and only top up once when returning at Yong Peng and tank still with 1/4.

Did some overtaking.

Speed can go 120 no problem. But I didn't as I'm following my bro's car and he is not a fast driver hence only went up to 110 couple times. I feel our Attrage won't lose out to my bro's Honda Fit...

Of course there is some downside to the Attrage... suspension can really feel the hit when hitting the bumps and holes and once brake and accelerate back can feel the engine straining to pick up. But once it pick up back the speed it's smooth ride again.

Overall I'm very please with how my Attrage performed. Definitely a car worth for its price tag.

Side note. Notice there isn't much Attrage up in the north... perhaps the price don't justify in north whereby cars there are more affordable hence ppl own better cars there. But for us here I think it's really out perform and clear any doubts of its performance for me.

I've driven golf while in UK and did road trip from south UK to Edinburgh and Fort Williams. Driven Camry in Perth and did road trip in south west Australia. Driven Vauxhall wagon in Melbourne trip and also driven Ford Focus up to Cameron Highland from Sg. Definitely there are few good cars above but Attrage don't feel lose out much... in a way Attrage definitely have a feel plus point compare to those drive I've experienced before...

This is purely my opinion and maybe others won't agree with me. But ya I'm a happy Attrage owner.

I always seat attrage if it's loaded, the car is very low.. Like going to hit the ground..

Did some overtaking.

i agree the only problem i think i feel sian is when the car is fully loaded the suspension starts to get abit wobbly and noisy.. i dunno if its a norm but my next check up i will highlight.. i doubt C&C will do anything about noisy suspension.. but it shouldnt make noise right especially the rear!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

At current prices, is Attrage still worth it? I feel the new Avante offers better value for only slightly more.

You are not comparing apple to apple

1.2 VS 1.6

62k VS 90K

FYI I am taking the highest model VS highest model

• Praise 1

1.2 VS 1.6

62k VS 90K

What kind of comparison is this? U should compare basic trim with basic trim. Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

What kind of comparison is this? U should compare basic trim with basic trim.

1200 CC VS 1600 CC

Price attrage max model is 62k vs avante max model 90K

Price attrage max model is 62K vs avante lowest model 83K

If 20K nothing to you then buy what u feel it worth it. Cause end of the day u r the one driving why bother about other views.

Personally I felt attrage is a economic saloon car, be it budget or FC and that probably the reason I purchase it. Yes maybe it doesn't have alot features and etc but what do you expect for that price you are paying?

Lastly i just need a Point A to Point B transport car that all. With that price of attrage I am contented

• Praise 1

The Avante is going for 77k for most basic, that makes the difference 15k. Like you say can't expect much for Attrage price, hence my question on comparing value, not price paid. Avante is offering some decent features above Attrage like rear aircon, more power, bigger boot and passenger space. If talk about money only there is nothing to compete as Attrage is the cheapest 4 wheels car in the entire market besides Proton. I was only asking around for opinions especially from currently owners or those still considering, no need to take things personally.

Neutral Newbie

The Avante is going for 77k for most basic, that makes the difference 15k. Like you say can't expect much for Attrage price, hence my question on comparing value, not price paid. Avante is offering some decent features above Attrage like rear aircon, more power, bigger boot and passenger space. If talk about money only there is nothing to compete as Attrage is the cheapest 4 wheels car in the entire market besides Proton. I was only asking around for opinions especially from currently owners or those still considering, no need to take things personally.

Hi bro flash,

I think probably you don't understand what I mean. I am not comparing only $$$.

I went to SG car mart to see again is 78k

What I am trying to say is I am taking attrage sport compare to avante basic and there is already 15K different.

Next is attrage is 1200 CC and Avante is 1600CC which is not apple to apple comparison.

If u say Nissan qashqai at least this is same CC but different is qashqai have turbo if I am right.

U want more features u feel 15k worth it so be it, don't need keep stressing how good Avante is cause here is attrage page.

Does Avante give better FC? 你要明白你还多15K 什么都比较贵值得吗? 你认为值得就值得不要一直强调features cause u spend 15K more if spending 15k more and got worse feature than attrage u will still want to buy.

Nothing personal cause u sounds like maybe u r komoko SE. Cheers

• Praise 1

1.2 VS 1.6

62k VS 90K

Then attrage with accent loh. Both $62k. Highest spec.

Avante highest specs is $81k lah.

But then avante lowest spec at $69k is still better equipped than attrage. Hard truth.

Wrong again. Avante Basic is selling $69k. Basic.

1200 CC VS 1600 CC

If 20K nothing to you then buy what u feel it worth it. Cause end of the day u r the one driving why bother about other views.

Personally I felt attrage is a economic saloon car, be it budget or FC and that probably the reason I purchase it. Yes maybe it doesn't have alot features and etc but what do you expect for that price you are paying?

Lastly i just need a Point A to Point B transport car that all. With that price of attrage I am contented

Avante lowest spec is $69k. Accent highest spec is 62k

Aiya. You want 1,200cc car. Okay lah. Avvent is 1,400 and avante is 1,600

Hi bro flash,

I think probably you don't understand what I mean. I am not comparing only $$$.

I went to SG car mart to see again is 78k

What I am trying to say is I am taking attrage sport compare to avante basic and there is already 15K different.

Next is attrage is 1200 CC and Avante is 1600CC which is not apple to apple comparison.

If u say Nissan qashqai at least this is same CC but different is qashqai have turbo if I am right.

U want more features u feel 15k worth it so be it, don't need keep stressing how good Avante is cause here is attrage page.

Does Avante give better FC? ä½ è¦æç½ä½ è¿å¤15K ä»ä¹é½æ¯è¾è´µå¼å¾åï¼ ä½ è®¤ä¸ºå¼å¾å°±å¼å¾ä¸è¦ä¸ç´å¼ºè°features cause u spend 15K more if spending 15k more and got worse feature than attrage u will still want to buy.

Nothing personal cause u sounds like maybe u r komoko SE. Cheers

Bro please, let others who have opinions share. It's my first post in this thread looking for other opinions for my friend who is considering his first car, yet you say I'm stressing how good Avante is and even think I'm Komoco SE. I'm only looking for other people's thoughts on it to have a different perspective.

If you like your Attrage then point noted. It's the same point my friend said, he just want the cheapest car for his new kid who is coming next month. My point was why not see others like Avante which is a new model and not a lot more to put down if you consider 70% loan. Accent is cheaper but old model already and size is quite small, harder to carry kid out of child seat.

1200 CC VS 1600 CC

I think some bro just brought avante basic for 68K only.lol....

Since when avante basic is 83k?

Neutral Newbie

I think some bro just brought avante basic for 68K only.lol....

Since when avante basic is 83k?

Was looking at 1.6 'S'(A)

Typo error ;), later found out should be 1.6 (A) which is 73k.

Maybe got promotion that why is 68K. No idea

Then attrage with accent loh. Both $62k. Highest spec.

Avante highest specs is $81k lah.

But then avante lowest spec at $69k is still better equipped than attrage. Hard truth.

Wrong again. Avante Basic is selling $69k. Basic.

Avante lowest spec is $69k. Accent highest spec is 62k

Aiya. You want 1,200cc car. Okay lah. Avvent is 1,400 and avante is 1,600

At least your comparison make more sense, yes I still stand firm with my decision 1200, yes you all can go for your ideal car as well.

Cheers

• Praise 1

why don't you consider the K3. IMHO i think quite feature packed. was looking at that and nissan note when  bought the  attrage

• Praise 1

I think there are still car buyers out there who don’t know SGCM’s price not accurate. The most accurate one is to download the latest price list uploaded by the dealers. There could be promos/sales which are not reflected in the SGCM’s price. Their car specs sometimes also buay zun one, I reported to them a few times liao based on my car owning experience or after test drive, or confirming with the SEs.

Reading the thread and had personally tested the Attrage during my decision of getting one (ended up with a Lancer), I do agree that the Attrage is really value for money. But then again, there are cons that I have decided not to. (I had done a comparison in my previous replies).

What I have noticed, is that I feel Attrage owners here probably exaggerated and talk until the Attrage is the best perfect car in terms of every aspect lol. Let me say again, there is no perfect car that suits everyone and there are bound to be cons for every car. You buy it because of what you like of it and accepted what you don’t like within your budget. That’s it.

And for comparison, we are comparing a Cat A sedan. Comparing cc here may not be accurate. Also as mentioned QQ is a SUV also is 1.2L but there is turbo. You can’t compare that.

If we use Malaysia segment as comparison, then comparing Attrage and Accent will be ok as both are B-segment sedan. Avante is a C-segment sedan and probably a more close competitor would be a Toyota Vios or a Kia K3.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

I fully agree with Doug. Mirage = space star = attrage (space star with boot)

I’ll rather forego whatever to save the $5 per day to afford the avante anytime.a crappy car is a crappy car no matter which way you spin it.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2