10 days self drive in Hokkaido

Victor68

On 8/17/2023 at 4:14 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Ok just came back for 10 days trip,

Things to note

1 ana from time to time. Have promo at 688 to Tokyo with one free domestic transfer , that will help motivate u to travel

2 book ahead for rental cars it can get tricky when what u book is not what u get, most times it's quite new , I book a honda fit , budget gave me Toyota raise

3 most of the car comes with map code, need to ask for English 

4 download offline Google map n Google translate offline language as well

5 bring along your handphone windscreen holder

6 have wise or trust bank credit card, apparently wise is 1 dollar cheaper

High light is alway beware of parking , most places are free, hotel wise is not

Do visit the sake n beer factory and the beer garden

100 yen shop is a must visit

Some places the pot holes is really bad

Some places the red fox n deers do not run away when u horn but run towards you

Other than that have fun n do bring your int'l driving licence 

Thanks for reminding me...need to go get my Int driving license...and change some money....limpeh like to hold cash!!:yeah-im-not-drunk:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/17/2023 at 4:14 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Ok just came back for 10 days trip,

Things to note

1 ana from time to time. Have promo at 688 to Tokyo with one free domestic transfer , that will help motivate u to travel

2 book ahead for rental cars it can get tricky when what u book is not what u get, most times it's quite new , I book a honda fit , budget gave me Toyota raise

3 most of the car comes with map code, need to ask for English 

4 download offline Google map n Google translate offline language as well

5 bring along your handphone windscreen holder

6 have wise or trust bank credit card, apparently wise is 1 dollar cheaper

High light is alway beware of parking , most places are free, hotel wise is not

Do visit the sake n beer factory and the beer garden

100 yen shop is a must visit

Some places the pot holes is really bad

Other than that have fun n do bring your int'l driving licence 

I was too stunned to horn, only managed to slow down more, when I saw the animals... Is it recommended to horn?

Didn't see any bears though despite the numerous warning signs of bears

Also, I only saw them around dawn just after sunrise  and did not see them later on 

On 8/17/2023 at 8:23 PM, Spidey10 said:

Thanks for reminding me...need to go get my Int driving license...and change some money....limpeh like to hold cash!!:yeah-im-not-drunk:

theres a 110 yen charge if u use the trust bank card at the atm so yeah .. just apportion  100 sgd a day per person conservatively and charge some on credit card.

oh.. the onsen bath is rather nice... and if u get a chance branded sports shoes are cheaper and so are the ramen village ...

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

On 8/18/2023 at 10:12 AM, Lotr said:

I was too stunned to horn, only managed to slow down more, when I saw the animals... Is it recommended to horn?

Also, I only saw them around dawn just after sunrise  and did not see them later on 

mine maybe unique.. the fox just sit RIGHT in the lane of a two way traffic.. obviously I horn.. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The reserve warden kept reminding us that we will never be able to outrun the bear at 30kmh vs a human

i was not too worried as I only need to outrun the slowest person in the group anytime lol…

• Haha! 2

Bears super lazy one... where got time to amble around to show off to you... ha ha... I never saw a single bear even though I spent a day walking around Shiretoko peninsular...

On 8/18/2023 at 10:33 AM, Sdf4786k said:

theres a 110 yen charge if u use the trust bank card at the atm so yeah .. just apportion  100 sgd a day per person conservatively and charge some on credit card.

oh.. the onsen bath is rather nice... and if u get a chance branded sports shoes are cheaper and so are the ramen village ...

How much cheaper? Worth carrying all the way back? Or only Asics & Mizuno cheaper?

On 8/18/2023 at 10:35 AM, Sdf4786k said:

mine maybe unique.. the fox just sit RIGHT in the lane of a two way traffic.. obviously I horn.. 

When I was there, they'll be loping along the road and kept looking up at the windows... I was wondering if they expected food to be thrown to them from the windows... a bit scary... heh heh...

On 8/18/2023 at 12:22 PM, Sdf4786k said:

The reserve warden kept reminding us that we will never be able to outrun the bear at 30kmh vs a human

i was not too worried as I only need to outrun the slowest person in the group anytime lol…

30 km/h = world record 100 m standard... I think even the world record holder also cannot outrun the bear... cos only can sustain that speed for 10 seconds... heh heh... make sure you carry the bells when you decide to walk the trails... and don't carry food items along...

• Praise 2

On 8/18/2023 at 1:14 PM, teomingern said:

How much cheaper? Worth carrying all the way back? Or only Asics & Mizuno cheaper?

that time i bought a new balance (new model) cheaper by S$100 (40%) compare to sg price, my son's one about 30% cheaper, so it depends on the model. My girl bought Asics which was not much cheaper.

• Shocked 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:31 PM, Jman888 said:

that time i bought a new balance (new model) cheaper by S$100 (40%) compare to sg price, my son's one about 30% cheaper, so it depends on the model. My girl bought Asics which was not much cheaper.

$100 cheaper confirm plus chop cheaper... 30% also maybe worth... thanks!

Where do you go buy these things?

Edited by teomingern

On 8/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, teomingern said:

$100 cheaper confirm plus chop cheaper... 30% also maybe worth... thanks!

Where do you go buy these things?

their own brand store along Shibuya-Harajuku (not ABC-mart) :D 

• Praise 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:36 PM, Jman888 said:

their own brand store along shibuya (not ABC-mart) :D 

Wow! From official store in posh shopping area ah??? Nice! I never bought anything from their label stores before even in Singapore...

On 8/18/2023 at 1:38 PM, teomingern said:

Wow! From official store in posh shopping area ah??? Nice! I never bought anything from their label stores before even in Singapore...

posh district doesn't mean more expensive for these brands which are fixed price, you can always check the sg price online before buying. For Asics or Onitsuka can go for their collectible/limited edition (above $300 [sweatdrop])

20230218_103939_compress94.jpg

20230219_173105_compress65.jpg

• Praise 2

On 8/18/2023 at 12:22 PM, Sdf4786k said:

That's why I am bringing my MIL.

Run? She cannot even walk very fast or very far!

:D

:D

Benefits of deer meat

Deer meat is packed with all sorts of nutrients including Vitamins B6, B12, B2, and B3 helping to regulate your metabolism and reducing the risk of heart attacks and strokes. It's also organic and natural!

image.png.0430be11f35394f29e958f61382ef75d.png

• Haha! 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:47 PM, Jman888 said:

posh district doesn't mean more expensive for these brands which are fixed price, you can always check the sg price online before buying. For Asics or Onitsuka can go for their collectible/limited edition (above $300 [sweatdrop])

20230218_103939_compress94.jpg

20230219_173105_compress65.jpg

Wahh like that maybe wear sandals and then go there to buy these types of shoes and then immediately wear.....:yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:14 PM, teomingern said:

for comparison.. I use Shopee ... but the model while the same, the place of made was different..

its about 34 dollars cheaper.. enough to offset two bowls of ramen Hehehheh

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1