Exercising and losing weight

ODC

It is not a matter of how little you eat. But the types of food you eat. Exercise is just a small part of the equation, but what you put in your mouth matters. And of course if you got no time to exercise, just to squeeze in that little exercise wherever you can, eg. Dropping off 2 to 3 bus stops away from destination and walking, taking stairs, etc. All these will help

they say small portion of more frequent healthy meals (5-6 times a day, of 1-2 hours interval) would make a great difference compared heavy meal but only twice or thrice a day.

Edited by Janling3
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

they say small portion of more frequent healthy meals (5-6 times a day, of 1-2 hours interval) would make a great difference compared heavy meal but only twice or thrice a day.

I am 2 meals a day, breakfast and dinner, in between snack on nuts, fruits and coffee, so far weight maintaining.

• Praise 3

I am 2 meals a day, breakfast and dinner, in between snack on nuts, fruits and coffee, so far weight maintaining.

Ya, tink breakfast is a must whether how much u take (individual). Lunch can skip with light snacks or fruits......... n Dinner maybe different for me,,, hahaha. either beer (occasionally) or food, or both in moderation [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

Ya, tink breakfast is a must whether how much u take (individual). Lunch can skip with light snacks or fruits......... n Dinner maybe different for me,,, hahaha. either beer (occasionally) or food, or both in moderation [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

actually, for the last 3 weeks, i have been skipping breakfast just to try this (was recommended by a college buddy of mine).

unfortunately, i think because i am weight training 4x a week, even with 2400 calories a day, it seems i was under-eating ... i probably got to increase to 2800 since i dropped a kilo trying this out >< (my intention was to cut a little, while still eating the same amount of calories, but guess i will have to come back to it after more weight gain)

http://rippedbody.jp/leangains-intermittent-fasting-guide-how-to-do-it-by-yourself/

• Praise 1

i too have this problem. been trying to eat little, but I am really too tired to exercise. old liao, now got high cholestroel and blood pressure. sigh

I too have this problem.... laziness for getting up and out for an exercise...

I only know how to run and swim... and yet I am just too lazy to go out...

Must set a smaller target first ... maybe target to just go out to corridor to stretch first :)

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I too have this problem.... laziness for getting up and out for an exercise...

I only know how to run and swim... and yet I am just too lazy to go out...

Must set a smaller target first ... maybe target to just go out to corridor to stretch first :)

bro .. my dad was like you. i bought him a fitbit and he became quite used to trying to hit 8000-10000 steps a day. now he himself has upgraded a garmin vivofit since it reminds him to move if he has sat down for too long...

maybe you should consider ...

i am waiting for jawbone UP3 to come out end Feb and then leave fitbit behind ...

http://jawbone.com/store/buy/up3

• Praise 1

I can do for about 1 hour until hand tired.

:D

I now know the secret to your fulfilling intimate relationship with the lesbian in you, although it should be visually quite disturbing.

• Praise 1

A little hard to do this while working. Unless ownself prepare food and bring to office, during working hours eat a little here and there.

actually, for the last 3 weeks, i have been skipping breakfast just to try this (was recommended by a college buddy of mine).

unfortunately, i think because i am weight training 4x a week, even with 2400 calories a day, it seems i was under-eating ... i probably got to increase to 2800 since i dropped a kilo trying this out >< (my intention was to cut a little, while still eating the same amount of calories, but guess i will have to come back to it after more weight gain)

http://rippedbody.jp/leangains-intermittent-fasting-guide-how-to-do-it-by-yourself/

Humans very funny.. One of my old colleagues wanted to gain muscle, but lost weight instead (cannot maintain muscle while working sales job for him).. I wanted to lose weight, but gain instead.. Haha..

Trying to lose some more weight now.

Anyone has a good digital weighing scale to recommend? I bought one from Metro (went bonkers sometimes, not very accurate), from deal site (the crap they give is appalling, and it's totally useless, threw it out already) and had a good one from friends (as a birthday gift, but now abit sot also).

The weighing scale on its own doesn't do much, but every day step on the scale, it will tell me to eat less if the numbers keep going up. I realised that with the scale, my weight can maintain or drop, but without an accurate one, it will go up (because I have 0 discipline, which is why I'm posting on MCF at 10.30am on monday instead of working). =X

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

A little hard to do this while working. Unless ownself prepare food and bring to office, during working hours eat a little here and there.

Humans very funny.. One of my old colleagues wanted to gain muscle, but lost weight instead (cannot maintain muscle while working sales job for him).. I wanted to lose weight, but gain instead.. Haha..

Trying to lose some more weight now.

Anyone has a good digital weighing scale to recommend? I bought one from Metro (went bonkers sometimes, not very accurate), from deal site (the crap they give is appalling, and it's totally useless, threw it out already) and had a good one from friends (as a birthday gift, but now abit sot also).

The weighing scale on its own doesn't do much, but every day step on the scale, it will tell me to eat less if the numbers keep going up. I realised that with the scale, my weight can maintain or drop, but without an accurate one, it will go up (because I have 0 discipline, which is why I'm posting on MCF at 10.30am on monday instead of working). =X

i got a fitbit aria ... measures bodyfat and weight. seems decent enough. im sure it's not extremely accurate, but it can connect to my house wifi and auto upload my progress ...

i have done a shit-ton of research on getting fit. i used to be 75-80kg in my younger days with 20-22% body fat. now i am about 16% body fat, though my lowest was at the start of last year at about 10% body fat ...

hence my reason for wearing one of those fitness bands, just to remind myself to walk more, or even take the stairs more.

every morning when i reach work, after i park, i will climb up and down the stairs the entire day, just to get some basic cardio done ...

i got a fitbit aria ... measures bodyfat and weight. seems decent enough. im sure it's not extremely accurate, but it can connect to my house wifi and auto upload my progress ...

i have done a shit-ton of research on getting fit. i used to be 75-80kg in my younger days with 20-22% body fat. now i am about 16% body fat, though my lowest was at the start of last year at about 10% body fat ...

hence my reason for wearing one of those fitness bands, just to remind myself to walk more, or even take the stairs more.

every morning when i reach work, after i park, i will climb up and down the stairs the entire day, just to get some basic cardio done ...

Wow 10% bf is very good, can only achieve with a good diet + exercise. Shd be able to see full abs.

Personally I find for myself achievable to maintain around 15-18% without gg to extreme and eating "anti socially".

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Wow 10% bf is very good, can only achieve with a good diet + exercise. Shd be able to see full abs.

Personally I find for myself achievable to maintain around 15-18% without gg to extreme and eating "anti socially".

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

hit 10% was quite hard work, because had to eat clean for 1-2mths straight ...

low fat, and the rest split between protein and carbs.

can be done ... but the time i hit 10%, i was working in HK for 2-3months myself, so i was able to control my diet very well ...

hit 10% was quite hard work, because had to eat clean for 1-2mths straight ...

low fat, and the rest split between protein and carbs.

can be done ... but the time i hit 10%, i was working in HK for 2-3months myself, so i was able to control my diet very well ...

The hardest part is to eat clean. Exercise regularly i can, but when comes to eating clean I always fail. Couple of times I wanted to challenge myself and push my limit, in the end I could only muster 2 days of eating clean then give up liao

Turbocharged

The hardest part is to eat clean. Exercise regularly i can, but when comes to eating clean I always fail. Couple of times I wanted to challenge myself and push my limit, in the end I could only muster 2 days of eating clean then give up liao

can be done bro, even here i try to be discipline ... only over the weekend, my wife wanted prata breakfast, and i know she will kpkb if i dont give her company, so had an egg prata (with dhal and not curry) + teh o kosong for breakfast, then made sure to avoid eating additional fat for the rest of the day.

been using myfitnesspal (MFP) to log everything, since there's a lot of singaporean food, and HPB also uploads the full nutrional info of a lot of local food to MFP ...

you *must* give yourself a cheat day bro ... otherwise you will lose motivation. but of course, dont go overboard and order excessive stuff like milo dinosaur hahah ...

• Praise 2

Anyone know of any offers to play netball

with young lesbians? I will be keen.

Isn't rugby a better ball game for lesbians?.LOL

• Praise 1

I can do for about 1 hour until hand tired.

your training mate must be feeling damn swollen after that 1 hour ..LOL

• Praise 1

i too have this problem. been trying to eat little, but I am really too tired to exercise. old liao, now got high cholestroel and blood pressure. sigh

I think is not the quantities you eat, rather is the qualities and what you eat.

Eating 200g of fried chicken is not the same as eating 200g of cucumber..LOL

• Praise 1

This is interesting..

I had this experience of under eating just last week, took a lighter breakfast and went to the gym. Felt really hungry and tired after the session. I got worried and started to google, found out it could be deal to my under eating. Next day return to a heavier breakfast and nothing usual happen. LOL

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1